Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
derp.jpg
What do you think?
I know, I know. The shading along the tail just looks so smooth, and you can really tell the detail i put into the eyes.
I'm amazing. Talented, gifted. I've heard it all, but like everyone else, I could always use some criticism,
so lay it on me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
What is it? a some kind of crazy half mermaid/ maybe lizzard man(woman?!) with a red hair bow...eeeh Lovin' the abs tho, and oh, the eyes!! the charming eyes :tongue: KEEP IT UP GIRL xD!

·
Registered
282 Posts
@ScientiaOmnemEst
Bunnyyyyy!!

Ahem* back to biznez @SeaBassTheCat
I can see you have a really good sense of proportion. Seriously, people usually screw that up, but I think you have the eye for that. It is stiff, I'm sure you know this, too. Don't be afraid though, do lots of (the specific technique slips my mind), fast sketches, where capturing the shape is emphasized over the details, i.e. shoulders = circle, arm = oval, etc. Do this to capture other postures. It would help to have a live model, or you could always just use google images. But seriously, don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. Everyone is initially bad at everything. It takes years of being bad at something to finally be good. Build the tolerance to be bad at something.

(whereisthethumbsupsignwhenyouneedit/imaginarythumbsup)! Great job overall!

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I would take a look at sites like deviant art and see similar drawings, then using those you can see what you're missing, and how to improve. People generally prefer to avoid criticizing. I found this on a quick search Naga by TheNagaClub on deviantART
like yours it would be improved with texture specifically on the tail.

The face is a particular difficult part of drawing, and yours needs work.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Beautiful serpent. Love it!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I feel like the green is not really working. It looks like you want to build the form using the color, which is working for the lower part of the tail (the part on the ground), but not so much the upper part, or the two parts are not consistent in that regard.

Or if the green is just meant to give information of the color of the tail, then I feel like the whole thing, (not including the human body,) should be in green.

Just my opinion.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
It kind of reminds me of the old computer game cover.. Companions of Xanth.

And seeing as I haven't seen the cover since I was a kid... And I considered this illustration to be one of the best...

Now, I can see the arms and.. I understand that I see better. :kitteh:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Such beauty. Brilliant vivid colours and smooth lines, really gives the image a 'pop'! The empty space is designed so subtly that it makes the whole piece feels like a living fantasy; almost surreal. The original design is something never seen before, such a masterpiece could only be crafted by the hands of a maestro.

10/10 overall.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts