Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm hearing that cognitive functions can accurately determine a person's MBTI type... Well I have taken a cognitive functions test and these are my results:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************************** (39.5)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********** (10.1)
unused

This test typed me as ESTP or ENTP. Now this made me go "WTF?!" because I have never tested as ESTP before or ENTP! The odd thing though is that this test is accurately describing my CFs... However, I plan EVERYTHING out and make elaborate schedules where almost no factors or actions are left out of the equation so there's like no way I'm a P dominate.

To get to the point: Your help on this discrepancy of mine would be greatly appreciated perC members! Am I just a weird minded ENTJ or have I been inaccurately typing myself? :confused:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Dude, you've never struck me as anything other than an ENTJ.

I plan EVERYTHING out and make elaborate schedules where almost no factors or actions are left out of the equation so there's like no way I'm a P dominate.
That...is something I would NEVER do! I mean, I'm fine with having some kinda to-do list or with keeping myself on track in some way whenever necessary, but I don't account for every detail or put that much into it. I don't think any ExxP would.

I wouldn't doubt my type solely because of the cognitive functions test because people seem to always get results that are not correct.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If I remember correctly, that test told me I was an INTJ... So I wouldn't take it too seriously.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm... so the cognitive functions test is screwy on getting people's MBTI types right.... I've been wondering because I posted these results on another personality forum (damn it Happy, why do you censor other MBTI forums' names?!) and somebody told me look more into the possibility of myself actually being an ESTP or ENTP. It looks that guy was full of shit to the point of overload though...

Thank you for your help on this problem, xToXiC and Lara. Your advice and wisdom have been much appreciated in helping me solve it! :happy:

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
You don't seem very J to me. You're too boisterous. :wink:

You're like a hot cheetos version of ExTP.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't seem very J to me. You're too boisterous. :wink:

You're like a hot cheetos version of ExTP.
I love that description... "like a hot cheetos version of EXTP". The reason I'm always posting ridiculously harsh or just plain ridiculous posts on perC is because... *fanfare plays* I love doing random ridiculous acts to spark controversy and break the blandness of anywhere I'm at. Life is too short to not have fun while you're living it although one should keep in mind the level of risk behind the acts you're doing... If your crazy stunts show signs of being too extreme then you probably shouldn't be doing it... Have I mentioned that I'm right now trying to learn the "Beat It" dance from MJ's music video though? :crazy:

I really do plan things out a lot though. Even my morning schedules, times to eat, sleep, and weekly schedules are planned out down to every last detail possible. I also can't stand to see something unorganized if it can be organized unless it's like my friend's room or something in which case I say "fuck it, it's his/her room, let them do as they want with it...". I think I'm like 80% J, 20%P all in all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That test told me I was an ISFJ, and I had the same WTF reaction. It also typed my Mom as an INFP which seemed completely off base.

I think that test is mainly good for giving you a "snapshot" of the current functions you're using, but probably not so accurate for your MBTI code.

Good to know others have experienced this and not just me.

Reactions: PulpFictionFan

·
Registered
715 Posts
I was told by that cog functions test that I was an ENFJ, and I do believe that I am more an I than E, and I'm definitely not a J.

·
Registered
815 Posts
This test made be confused about my identity as well...whether I was E/I or P/J.

In the end, if you remember that you can really only have one of each of the pairs, I had to kind of do some maneuvering to make it work. It was a lot of headache, but I finally realized that despite Fe coming out on top for me, my Fi and Ne were the next highest and kind out "out-weighed" my Fe (1st) and Ni (4th). Then the fact my Si (which suppresses Ne) came in dead last fits with my Ne being dom to my Fi. Hence, ENFP.

Ugh, it was so annoying. I got a headache just tying that out cause it feels like a math problem or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts