Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all.

Has anyone tried to date on this site yet?
Sounds ridiculous because there's people from all over the world here.
Also, I HATE thinking that we are all suited to certain people and I don't to live my life following this as a tool for choosing who and who not to date.
I would rather feel more free.
BUT this could be interesting...

I'm an ENFJ, but I'm not going to say it sums me up completely.

No hate messages please :)

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
The title says it all.

Also, I HATE thinking that we are all suited to certain people and I don't to live my life following this as a tool for choosing who and who not to date.

Did you come here just to date? If so, you probably wont get too far. I haven't personally met anyone here (wouldn't be opposed to it, lol. Get at me. J/K....no, really get at me:wink:) but I'd surmise that the people who met here just so happened to meet here. They so happened to start talking and just happened to really like one another and just happened to end up together or whatever. After spending a certain amount of time posting on a website like this, you are bound to meet people you have in something in common with, though I feel like your posts would lack that magnetic authenticity that would draw in a potential love interest if you approached posting on PerC from a strictly from a "dating" perspective.

There are a few couples here that I know about having met through PerC but Im not going to tell you who they are since they are capable of revealing themselves if they so choose.

I will say though that it seems rather limiting to focus so heavily on dating on PerC. There is so much more to do and so much more to learn. There are a lot of really wise and informed people here who, if you stick around, you might have the pleasure of engaging.

So can you date here? Sure. Are there some attractive men here? Yea, I'd say so, but like I said, that seems rather limiting.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Usually people don't try to date. Generally people just kind of fall into each other's laps
This makes me giggle :). I"ll remember to keep my lap open just in case.

I've prepared my pickup line, Whats a lady like you doing in a lap like this? To answer op, yes some people have met on this site. I've seen some flirting too..even if I'm an INTP, I'm sometimes not that oblivious. Just be you and maybe it'll happen or maybe not.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I didn't come here to date, no. (In fact, I don't remember why I came here at all.) But, since I got here, I've seriously been considering it.

Reactions: Cover3

·
Registered
923 Posts
I found my SO here, so go for it, I found my love maybe you can find yours. Also plenty of people have found their SO on here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Usually people don't try to date. Generally people just kind of fall into each other's laps.
Would like to see that one.... :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The title says it all.

Tried, yes. Lots of connection and I'm sure it would have been at least a date or two had there not been distance involved. We still talk so, ...

There was a study that found that meeting socially on line, through sites like this and online gaming are more successful than online dating.

In fact, one survey’s results suggest that you’d have a better chance finding a significant other by playing WoW than you would by joining Match.com — not to mention that you’d likely have a far better time in the process.
Online dating vs. online gaming: Are gamers really forever alone? (infographic)

I think it connects people more is because people see social network/gamers as more real vs online dating where there are a lot of masks and game playing (romantic not fun video games!).

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's funny, but I've heard stories of people getting together on numerous forums that are not even related to dating. A friend of mine met her bf on a goth music site out of all things o_O Additionally, quite a few prominent members met their SO on PerC, if you dig around, I'm sure you'll find their stories buried in a thread.

All in all, it's certainly possible to meet someone great on a forum. However, it requires quite a bit of work. I think the first thing you need to do is post a lot, and actually make quality posts. Then perhaps someone will be attracted to your prose and you guys can connect. On the other hand, if you're a cute girl, just post your pic in the 'members pic' thread, and watch the numerous PMs flow in ^.~

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I found my SO here, so go for it, I found my love maybe you can find yours. Also plenty of people have found their SO on here.
how do you find a s/o?

I'm dating now and if someone were to ask me, how did we meet, I wouldn't call it finding..more like trying... at least with me that is...lol

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
This could be because I regular the INTP forum and you know how likely we are to make an advance, but from what I have seen, I have not seen much actual dating going on here.

·
Registered
923 Posts
how do you find a s/o?

I'm dating now and if someone were to ask me, how did we meet, I wouldn't call it finding..more like trying... at least with me that is...lol
I read her post thought she was cool made friends and then over time things developed and we started the relationship. You could say we met really it's just semantics.I was of course looking for a partner and when you get what you're looking for you find it. I gave up actively looking I was just passive and we crossed paths on PerC is all.

Anyway I'm glad we did meet, I love her so much :3.

Good luck to those who look for love, you'll find it or it will find you.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
The title says it all.

No, I haven't tried. Might work better if you live in a big city, but I imagine, a lot of people relocate after they figure out they really like a person on here.

It's more likely to work as a long-distance friendship, that blossoms into a long-distance relationship. They eventually end up so attracted, that no amount of distance will keep them apart.

·
Banned
493 Posts
It's definitely possible to meet someone here on PerC.

I've met some people on here that I think I'd be compatible with in real life. But, I have a boyfriend at the moment.

I'm not much for meeting a 'love interest' through the net anyways. From past experience, it's not for me.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have dated someone from this site. I won't be going into it, though. Sorry.

It's a good place to meet people, I'd say, if you're near the person already.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm always hoping to meet new people and I think that the internet is a great 'place' to do it. I mean, wherever people are, there's an opportunity. But I don't like the premise of objectifying others as potential love dispensers, though, and so I don't get on with the notion of using places for dating so much as simply meeting new people with whom you will naturally explore and cultivate whatever unique relationship will be, from the basis that you were in some way, which is not necessarily romantic, interested in that person.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts