Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lousy morals,I break the rules, I am very self centered, I use a lot of Ti, and even the functions test said that I use more Ti then Fi. I still use a lot of Fi though. I am a total ENTP. Plus, I have never related to any ENFP's. They were always too nice for me. I love hanging out with T's. F's piss me off. Comments?

·
MOTM May 2011
14,038 Posts
I have never changed in my opinion of your type. You may emphasize your functions a little differently than most ENTPs, but I have always thought you were an ENTP. I also knew full well that you sure weren't an ENFP.

Good luck on your road to continuing self discovery.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have never changed in my opinion of your type. You may emphasize your functions a little differently than most ENTPs, but I have always thought you were an ENTP. I also knew full well that you sure weren't an ENFP.

Good luck on your road to continuing self discovery.
Thank you for enlightening me. Even Pink Rasputin herself (the queen of the ENFP's on this site) told me that I am not an ENFP. Hell she actually thought that I might be ESTP. I use a lot of Fi, Ti, Se, and Ne. However, I think that I use Ne first, then Ti, then Se, and finally Fi. Thank you for enlightening me

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I never thought you were an ENTP or ESTP. I would like to know how you use Ne, though???

And don't ever blame being being "self-centered" or an asshole on type.

I respect ENTPs. You should too.

Did you take the cognitive functions test? And take it as you really are instead of how you want to be? What were the results?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought you were an ENTP or ESTP. I would like to know how you use Ne, though.

And don't ever blame being being "self-centered" or an asshole on type.

I respect ENTPs. You should too.

Did you take the cognitive functions test? And take it as you really are instead of how you want to be? What were the results?
Ne came out as my highest used function, and the Ti and Fi were close to each other by a point. However, the Ti was higher. I am an ENTP. Thank you for enlightening me.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Ne came out as my highest used function, and the Ti and Fi were close to each other by a point. However, the Ti was higher. I am an ENTP. Thank you for enlightening me.
Function tests are crap, for the most part.
As she asked, how do you use Ne?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Function tests are crap, for the most part.
As she asked, how do you use Ne?
I analyze the hell out of everything, I am very future oriented, my mind jumps from one subject to the other. Oh and my mind will just space out a lot as well and I'll just go into a dreamlike state. Plus, this allows me to be very creative as well. I'll have 10 ideas all at one time.

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
I'm unsure if you are actually looking for input or not, but I'll go ahead anyways.

Based on what I've seen, I would peg you as an ESFP. I don't see a lot of taking an idea and running around with it to make it your own (it would be a sort of branching and associated thought). It's more outward, when you reply, you either reply to the topic at hand or have a reactionary comment to someone else. I rarely see the use of metaphor from you (it's a stereotype, but has some ground).

The Fi comes through in the way you reply, again, with reacting to something. Ti like's to make sense and is a seeker of truth, not value. Rather than to take something, look at it, and understand: you'll share how it affected you, your reaction.

Looking at something to how it fits, rather than how it could be.

(Offshoot from the Enneagram forum, but I'd also go with a 6w7 for your type.)

Ehhdit: Stars in your eyes, it's almost seeking permission to be an "XXXX" (ENTP in this case). Any sense of brotherhood (previous 30 types) you had, has suddenly flopped over on the ENTP table. Seeking solace because you never quite fit where you're at, at the moment. You just want a place to stay and a warm room. Glamourizing one type to the point of excess, it just comes off as aproval seeking.

·
Banned
557 Posts
How many damn times are you going to debate your MBTI type, Nate? Honestly, you've jumped around from every single type there is except for SP. First, you thought you were an ESTJ, then an ENTJ, then an ENFJ, then an ENFP, then an ENTP.... You're fucking ridiculous!

You're way too soft to be a T. Your F functions are off the chain. You're always so caring about mom & her financial struggles so you lent her money that you couldn't afford to give away.

Secondly, I continually see a lack of Thinking out of you because quite frankly you always let your feelings of the month decide your actions for you. When do you ever think things through man, seriously?! I see that you thought your steps through with your college majors yet when does that ever happen otherwise. It's like you have a very miniscule brain yet a heart that beats right out of your chest! It's absolutely insane!

Also, how good of a problem solver or machine worker are you, REALLY? NTs are consistently good with machines, electronics, systems and problem solving. I really can't see you being a mechanic or tech freak. And coming straight from your mouth was the statement that "I love people and being around them". Further, your current profession is people related as being a telemarketer was it?

Lastly, I can't stand seeing you as being a stain on the glory of NTs... People continually say that me and you are opposites so there's no way me and you are the same MBTI types. However, you do remind me a great deal of Mercutio from Romeo & Juliet with your womanizing... BUT Mercutio had all his shit together, you don't. YOU ARE NOT AN NT!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm unsure if you are actually looking for input or not, but I'll go ahead anyways.

Based on what I've seen, I would peg you as an ESFP. I don't see a lot of taking an idea and running around with it to make it your own (it would be a sort of branching and associated thought). It's more outward, when you reply, you either reply to the topic at hand or have a reactionary comment to someone else. I rarely see the use of metaphor from you (it's a stereotype, but has some ground).

The Fi comes through in the way you reply, again, with reacting to something. Ti like's to make sense and is a seeker of truth, not value. Rather than to take something, look at it, and understand: you'll share how it affected you, your reaction.

Looking at something to how it fits, rather than how it could be.

(Offshoot from the Enneagram forum, but I'd also go with a 6w7 for your type.)
Okay, so I've taken the test before. However, every other time that I have taken the test, I have lied to get the results that I have wanted. So this time, I took it honestly, here are the results....

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************* (49.8)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Yep, so apparently according to the tests I am actually an ESFP who uses a lot of Ne.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Okay, so I've taken the test before. However, every other time that I have taken the test, I have lied to get the results that I have wanted. So this time, I took it honestly, here are the results....

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************************* (49.8)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************** (14.7)
unused
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************************** (40.3)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************** (14.7)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************** (22.8)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************** (26.3)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ESFP

Yep, so apparently according to the tests I am actually an ESFP who uses a lot of Ne.

You just never fail to be inconsistent or altogether unorganized... Oh brother...

This answer would make a lot of sense though... You've consistently remarked about how you're unlike other NFs... Maybe you've finally found out your true MBTI type, HOPEFULLY... And maybe this time, you'll stick with it and in like 3 weeks from now say "Alright I'm an ENFP again!"

The odd thing though is that those cognitive functions tests are extremely good at scoring people's functions. My results on that test hit my brain functions right on the head. However, it got my MBTI type all wrong in saying I'm an ESTP. I love my organization and always plan out my moves...

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Is this the "keys2cognition" test that you took? Its rarely very accurate. Its one of the worst tests that I have seen out there for cognitive functions. I have been having people take it, who I already know the mbti type for, then finding that it gives a different result.

I have lousy morals, I am very self centered
A lack of good character =/= "entp." Having a couple of shitty personality traits doesn't make someone an entp at all. I don't know why you think this is evidence of Ne, Ti. Its not.

I use a lot of Ti
On the contrary, I have never seen any evidence of Ti from you during the entire duration of your posting on this forum. I see a lot of lofty questions that most people roll their eyes at. That is not Ti.

Plus, I have never related to any ENFP's. They were always too nice for me. I love hanging out with T's. F's piss me off. Comments?
Just because someone is 'too nice' and 'pisses you off' again doesn't mean that you are an NT. Its like you are taking the dumbest negative NT stereotypes and trying to say you fit them, to prove you are an NT.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Is this the "keys2cognition" test that you took? Its rarely very accurate. Its one of the worst tests that I have seen out there for cognitive functions. I have been having people take it, who I already know the mbti type for, then finding that it gives a different result.
What test would you suggest/prefer? :happy:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
What test would you suggest/prefer? :happy:
The only one that I thought was worth a damn has been taken down. I have been looking for a new one for quite some time. Perhaps people from here who are knowledgeable in the cognitive functions should create one. There really should be a solid one out there.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have lousy morals,I break the rules, I am very self centered, I use a lot of Ti, and even the functions test said that I use more Ti then Fi. I still use a lot of Fi though. I am a total ENTP. Plus, I have never related to any ENFP's. They were always too nice for me. I love hanging out with T's. F's piss me off. Comments?
Taking a bunch of stereotypical traits (which are often perpetuated by others here who themselves are often mistyped) associated with a certain type and trying to see them in your own behavior doesn't mean that you are that type.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,108 Posts
I have lousy morals,I break the rules, I am very self centered
Any type can be an insufferable annoyance, not just ENTPs. You shouldn't let these traits guide your decision here. You could just be a very annoying ESFP.

I use a lot of Ti, and even the functions test said that I use more Ti then Fi. I still use a lot of Fi though. I am a total ENTP. Plus, I have never related to any ENFP's. They were always too nice for me. I love hanging out with T's. F's piss me off. Comments?
Again, merely being "pissed off" by certain types doesn't actually reveal what type you are. For example, I don't get along well with many Fs, but that doesn't make me a T.

Thank you for enlightening me. Even Pink Rasputin herself (the queen of the ENFP's on this site) told me that I am not an ENFP. Hell she actually thought that I might be ESTP. I use a lot of Fi, Ti, Se, and Ne. However, I think that I use Ne first, then Ti, then Se, and finally Fi. Thank you for enlightening me
ESFP might be closer to reality.

I analyze the hell out of everything, I am very future oriented, my mind jumps from one subject to the other. Oh and my mind will just space out a lot as well and I'll just go into a dreamlike state. Plus, this allows me to be very creative as well. I'll have 10 ideas all at one time.
It sounds like you have more ADD than Ne, honestly.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

You just never fail to be inconsistent or altogether unorganized... Oh brother...

This answer would make a lot of sense though... You've consistently remarked about how you're unlike other NFs... Maybe you've finally found out your true MBTI type, HOPEFULLY... And maybe this time, you'll stick with it and in like 3 weeks from now say "Alright I'm an ENFP again!"

The odd thing though is that those cognitive functions tests are extremely good at scoring people's functions. My results on that test hit my brain functions right on the head. However, it got my MBTI type all wrong in saying I'm an ESTP. I love my organization and always plan out my moves...
Dude I have to be ESFP, do you know who else was ESFP?.....

Any type can be an insufferable annoyance, not just ENTPs. You shouldn't let these traits guide your decision here. You could just be a very annoying ESFP.

Again, merely being "pissed off" by certain types doesn't actually reveal what type you are. For example, I don't get along well with many Fs, but that doesn't make me a T.

ESFP might be closer to reality.

It sounds like you have more ADD than Ne, honestly.
Yeah, I use a lot of NE, but I do have ADD though.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
And maybe this time, you'll stick with it and in like 3 weeks from now say "Alright I'm an ENFP again!"
I'm afraid his ENFP membership priviliges have expired and are not up for renewal. He is no longer one of ours. We accept no responsibility.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.