Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of old commercials from your childhood do you vividly remember? For me growing up in the early-mid 00s I remember this commercial so freaking vividly:

It was a commercial for Zoobooks (which I wanted desperately as a kid)

I also remember this commercial:

I think anybody who grew up in the late 90s/early 00s remembers this one above!

What TWO commercials do you vividly remember seeing as a child, and do you feel that the video quality is pretty dated?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Damn I meant to edit that comment, my internet sucks ass lol. Here's some better ones that relate to this topic better.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Lol I had all of those movies on VHS as a kid lol
I actually saw Shrek in theaters when it was brand new in 2001, because it was my surprise movie theater trip after I graduated pre-K, and as a 5 year old the jokes were so far over my head but I still loved the action part of the movie though!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually saw Shrek in theaters when it was brand new in 2001, because it was my surprise movie theater trip after I graduated pre-K, and as a 5 year old the jokes were so far over my head but I still loved the action part of the movie though!
Thats awesome! I remember seeing Rugrats in Paris in theaters in 2000 that movie is so nostalgic:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You saw Rugrats In Paris when it was brand new!? Ok so are there any other movies you saw in theaters when they were brand new in 2000 or 2001?
Unfortunately no, but I do remember watching a lot of movies from that time that were new on when they were released on VHS here's a few I will list (note a lot of them are teen movies, I grew up with 3 older sisters)

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Early 00's? How old are you, 12? Of course you remember your childhood, it was five years ago. And you're Gen Z, not Gen Y. . .

These are the two most significant commercials front my childhood.

This is the best one:

This is the most symbolic one...because it represents the innocence of my childhood, and how I now want to burn Nestlé headquarters down, my entire life has been a lie, and it can be summed up by white chocolate:

Lol "dated"

·
Registered
412 Posts
I this is one of the only adverts I really remember from the 90s... mainly because it was drummed into our heads at school.

I remember these trailers... some (read "all") of those films were awful!

Reactions: Tangled Kite
1 - 20 of 35 Posts