Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm not usually "turned on" by much of anything. Ever. I'm usually too busy with other preoccupations like inventing a better government system or analyzing dreams to worry about more basic lusts.
Yet I've discovered something within the past couple of months...

*ATTENTION: only mature readers beyond this point, no juvenile responses like "Oh, let me know next time you need some company, baby"... not appreciated!*​

When i watch documentaries on quantum physics or read books of similar, at times radical content, I get turned on. By "turned on", I'm talking wanting to get frisky with a guy. Really frisky. Meanwhile I'm thinking hey, wtf?? I'm trying to read a really good book here, plus I don't even have a boyfriend nor have I ever.
What the heck is up with this? I mean, sure, I'm 18 and all but I'm usually not horny. That is EXTREMELY uncharacteristic of me. Shouldn't I be turned on by guys with their shirts off, or something more logical? But nooo, I swear this is so stupid it's almost laughable.
Anyone have anything to say on this? Similar experience? If I'm not the only one, maybe it won't be so bad.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well, it is an interesting experiment in non-Newtonian fluid mechanics. I think it would serve as a good model of a Bingham fluid, really.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
There is one for a rigid formulation of the Navier-Stokes equations. I once did derive them from scratch, i.e. the Boltzmann transport equations.

That said, she is more into quantum. Maybe we should consider the single-slit experiment... :tongue:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
There is one for a rigid formulation of the Navier-Stokes equations. I once did derive them from scratch, i.e. the Boltzmann transport equations.
As a chemical engineer, getting all hot under the column for the old stokesy is a particular fetish of mine.

That said, she is more into quantum. Maybe we should consider the single-slit experiment... :tongue:
Surely if she is more into quantum one would propose that it may or may not be a single-slit experiment at any time in addition to any other type of experiment imaginable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uh, I'm guessing you guys didn't pay attention to the ATTENTION. Oh well.
I have to say though, skycloud89 seems to be the only one remaining pertinent to the subject. And yes, sky, that seems plausible.

On a different note, though, I have heard/read a lot about the slit experiment. Most interesting. But no, I'm not having drinks with strangers ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Filo
Ha! I'm not alone.
Now I just wish the guys in my area who are crushing on me weren't a bunch of numb-skulls and/or emotional kittens. Bleh.

A reminder, Filo, I'm 18. If you have a PhD, I can only imagine you're on a different "age group point" of the spectrum. That's right, I'm calling you a geezer. lol

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Well, I get turned on when a guy is talking about intellectual subject matter. Are you thinking about men you like/crush on WHILE reading these books? Does your mind venture off to such dimensions? Perhaps you have a new fetish!

It's a perfectly normal phenomen though. I say, celebrate your libido and buy yourself an awesome dildo until a promising, intellectual male arrives. :proud:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
@SparkB4theFlame

Yes, I can imagine. I'm 31, but I won't hold your age against you. You will mature.

Bionic is right. For you, studying physics would REALLY be fun.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was reading posts from another female INTJ yesterday (hemaglobin ?) who claims to gets turned on by guys with extensive IT knowledge, calling helplines with non existent problems and being flirty.

Different strokes and all that, but the INTJ sistas do seem to have some very interesting sexual quirks:crazy:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I don't get turned on by much either. Something's up with my testosterone levels methinks, or my strangeness levels are right on par.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts