Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is UHMAZING! For all my life until today, I have always HATED the idea of exercising. I was not naturally athletic, so I never paid too much attention to how important it is exercise. Whenever I did decide to exercise, though, they were always half-assed attempts and I never felt like doing it anymore after a few days...

Till today.

My no-nonsence ESTJ mom forced me to walk with her for, get this, 2 full hours. I don't know how far we walked away from home, but we walked far, let me tell you. :shocked: It was nice, though... And when we walked ALL THE WAY back home from the trip, I came home and was overwhelmed with a feeling I've never felt before.... OMG. It was like I was washed over with a wave of euphoria... I felt so happy, so confident, like I can take on the world. I guess my body released a lot of endorphins and oh man... It felt great. I've never felt so great. :laughing:

I'm going to do it again tomorrow, and again the next day, until this upcoming Friday and take the weekend off. And then I'll start again next Monday morning. At this rate, I should lose 5 lbs at the end of next month! :tongue: So excited! And above that, I shall also learn to control my overeating tendencies and eat healthy! :proud: This is such a great experience, especially since I suffer from anxiety and depression...

Do it guys. Exercise until you can't anymore... You'll be surprised by how great you'll feel! :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
haha I know how you feel! I totally hated P.E. when I was young. But when I started highschool I made friends with very sporty people and they made me play sports with them. It was so much fun and now I really like sports because of that. It really makes you feel happy afterwards.

Also, when I don't exercise for a period of time I actually start feeling depressed. :proud:

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Yes! It is fun and rejuvenating. I did that for a couple of weeks to clear my head but I slacked as of late. Definitely going to start up again this week.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I love exercise. I feel less exhausted from doing a marathon than I do spending a day with a bunch of people D:

I have a lot of physical energy, but not much.. social? energy.

I like breaking that 2 hour barrier. Once you hit 2 hours, you stop feeling the pain of exercise. Keep it up Forsaken! :happy:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Strength training is my endorphin-releaser of choice. If I could, I would live 24/7 with that next-day muscle soreness.....pretty much the best feeling in the world.

Though I have been known to get giddy on the treadmill. Synch it with the right music and you'll flyyyy.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I did some p90x today followed by a hop in the sauna. It's always great, but it hurts later.

edit: fixed wording, came off the wrong way.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I like when I get in an exercising groove. Yeah, feels totally amazing. But fall out of the routine for a bit & it is soooo haaaaard to get back in *shoots laser eyes at bicycle*

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Eh, I do sometimes. Usually I only care to exercise when I'm doing something I already naturally love, like martial arts, or some other form of kicking ass. It helps when I listen to the right music. Joan Jett, or punk, or Black Eyed Peas seem to work best for me.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
it issss as long as there isn't someone forcing you. I do it whenever I feel like it. The more i do.... the more i feel like it. I don't need to plan out when cause I do it more and more whenever I have time.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
it issss as long as there isn't someone forcing you. I do it whenever I feel like it. The more i do.... the more i feel like it. I don't need to plan out when cause I do it more and more whenever I have time.
I thought someone was explaining what sex was like to the INFP virgins again here.

Reactions: Isildin

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, in the beginning my mom forced me, but then I got into it slowly... And now I'm falling in love! I'm gonna do it for me... I'm at 130+ lbs right now, and I'd like to get down to 120 lbs. I'm 5'4. :proud:

·
Registered
701 Posts
I was probably the most active kid I have ever known, but I hate the idea of just exercising for the sake of exercising, and particularly the idea of going to a gym. Just always found it a pointless and un-satisfying activity, I need to be having fun at the same time, aka playing sports, or at least rollerblading or biking. And now that my friends and I are all "grown up" and busy with work and school and all that crap there's no time for 6-hour after-school street hockey games like we used to have, which basically kept me in excellent shape up until about five years ago. It's funny this thread comes up now because I actually just came back from rollerblading for about 2 hours outside, which is about the only even reasonably 'fun' exercise I can get these days.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Well, in the beginning my mom forced me, but then I got into it slowly... And now I'm falling in love! I'm gonna do it for me... I'm at 130+ lbs right now, and I'd like to get down to 120 lbs. I'm 5'4. :proud:
Some of that still sounded like it could be about sex. Gee, I'm terrible.

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
exercising is abosolutely amazing . on the subject, i'm not suggesting people go out and do this or anything, but parkour might spark a little interest for some of you fellas if you also like exercise :wink:

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
How unexpected a thread. I've been making the point, but nobody seems to listen to me.

I think it's nice if exercise is enjoyable, but it should be done regardless. "I don't feel like it" often is a self-defeating INFP tendency. I've never gotten much enjoyment from going to the gym, but I'd be worse off physically and mentally if I didn't (as reminded by occasional forced downtime) and there is no other form of exercise that really works for me. Making myself venture from home is important, also, and I suppose there's a certain self-discipline I gain from going to the gym on a semi-fixed schedule. I like walks more, but I can't and wouldn't want to do very long walks, and walking as the sole form of exercise is not the whole-body workout most people need.

I've been considering the idea of an ongoing contest among INFPs - best body, basically. With restrictions, to defend against the few who might want to be sleazy online and to make the emphasis fitness, not big breasts or things like that. It's to encourage exercise and dressing in an interpersonally beneficial way (I like that wording). Some people will hate the idea. Does anyone approve?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I approve!! Seems like it'd be a great chance for everyone to practice being open :happy: but I don't think my approval is what you were looking for, was it?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts