Personality Cafe banner

Do you prefer Unconditional Love or Unconditional Belief?

• My default state is Unconditional Love, it's more relaxing to use

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • My default state is Unconditional Belief, it's more relaxing to use

• I prefer using both at the same time, and keep it in that state

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am using niether Unconditional Love nor Unconditional Belief

• What is Unconditional Love or Unconditional Belief?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Can a person choose to be Uncoditional Loving or Unconditional Believing?

• How do you know if you are more prone to Unconditional Belief or Unconditional Love?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Where did you get this idea?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unconditional Love and Unconditional Belief are present in everyone, and they are matters of choice, much like happiness, thoughts and expectations are choices. Certain people might choose Unconditional Love, while others are more prone to Unconditional Belief. Unconditional Love means to love someone, no matter who they are, what they do, or what they have achieved. It's about understanding others, and appreciating them no matter who they are, or the level of their development. On the other hand, Unconditional Belief entails knowing that everyone is always at the right place, at the right time, under the right circumstances, making the right choices, and doing the right things, eternally.

People more prone to Unconditional Belief tend to see the "Glass Half Empty", while people prone to Unconditional Love tend to see "Glass Half Full". So to see if you are more prone to Unconditional Belief or Unconditional Love, just ask what was your response, when first presented with the question, do you see a Glass Half Empty, or a Glass Half Full. People prone to Unconditional Love might prefer warmer colors, while those with Unconditional Belief might prefer cooler colors.

Repression of Unconditional Belief, though with developed Unconditional Love, means your belief must come from other people; self-belief is not as important to the person as self-love. Repressed Unconditional Love, though with developed Unconditional Belief, means your love comes from others; self-belief is more important than self-love.

People with Repressed Unconditional Belief can appear laid back, and might display a lack of confidence in personal abilities, no matter how "simple" the job appears, or how suitable a job is to the person. On the other hand, they tend to be very friendly, considerate, and relatable. People with Repressed Unconditional Love appears naive, carefree, and driven or goal-oriented. On the other hand, they are easily frustrated with people not living up to their expectations, being more absentminded about others, and being "too trusting".

Certain people are more prone to Unconditional Belief, where they believe that everything people do are for the best. When their preconceptions of others differ from reality, they tend to overreact, especially if they have repressed Love. In this case, it's very important that they count their blessings, see the good side, and bless everything.

People with Uncondtional Belief can be very driven, as they believe everyone is equally working for the greater good. When people believe in others, they also believe in themselves. Unconditional Belief entails believing that no matter the time, the place, everything that a person does is correct, and in accordance with his Divine expression. There is a lesson to be learned, for someone, with every action-consequence.

People without Unconditional Belief can compensate for the fast working style by using Clairalience modality. However, this is relatively inefficient, especially if the Clairalience modality is not the dominant preference. However, it might be necessary to use Clairalience when communicating and relating to someone using the modality. Unconditional Belief can at times "spook" people unaccustomed to it, causing a "be bad" attitude.

People with Unconditional Love are more aware of the blessings in life. In this case, they need to be more thankful for the blessings, as well as the people in their lives. People with Unconditional Love want to understand others, and are more accepting of self. They love others, while at the same time, have great self-belief, or what the self can achieve, yet might be "fearful" of this self-belief, or their own abilities.

People without Unconditional Love can compensate by using Clairgustance, if not by choosing Unconditional Love. People with Unconditional Love, though not enough Unconditional Belief can appear lazy, incompetent, and slow. However, they are usually described as easy to get along, and very accepting. They can also be described as thoughtful and accommodating.

People with Unconditional Love need to know that saying No does not mean someone disrespect, and that they might actually be more appreciated by staying true to themselves, and knowing their limitations or comfort zones. They are more content with their place in life, and more "blind" to what they have to do. They seek understanding, though can be annoyed when they don't understand others, or see how others can be different. In this situation, it will do to appreciate their uniqueness and differences, or seeking the righteous path in getting the wisdom, or to accept the differences and being grateful.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only unconditional love that in my opinion is possible is that of a mother to their child, anything other than that is conditional love, everything has conditions in this world, even something like love.

In general what you wrote seems like pseudoscience. Trying to put people in 2 huge boxes and assinging each one of them very specific characteristics is foolish to say the least.

To me it almost looks like you took some heavy drugs and wrote some shit that was on your mind. I think that is the perfect example of an individual who is a moron and also an intuitive.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only unconditional love that in my opinion is possible is that of a mother to their child, anything other than that is conditional love, everything has conditions in this world, even something like love.

In general what you wrote seems like pseudoscience. Trying to put people in 2 huge boxes and assinging each one of them very specific characteristics is foolish to say the least.

To me it almost looks like you took some heavy drugs and wrote some shit that was on your mind. I think that is the perfect example of an individual who is a moron and also an intuitive.
I see you have Unconditional Belief, though have repression in all the other five emotions (love, fear, anger, sadness, envy).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dude wow, amazing psychoanalysis, why do we even need professional psychologists when we have random INFJs????

Will you put other people in the unconditional belief category and argue that we are similiar?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude wow, amazing psychoanalysis, why do we even need professional psychologists when we have random INFJs????

Will you put other people in the unconditional belief category and argue that we are similiar?
Thanks, I have being Claircog-Clairgust, Extroverted-Feeling (Fe-Ti), Introverted Intuition (Ni-Se), Energy-being (heart-meld temperament), Wisdom-oriented Growth Temperament, Unconditional Love-prone (and all the people I've learned from, especially Ram Bomjon for his quote "Seek a righteous path, and wisdom will be yours") to thank for that :tongue:

Also, by your writing, you appear to be Clairsent-Clairgust.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Let's see how your theory applies when things become more complex friend.

Explain Clairsent-Clairgust and i will tell you how it applies or not.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see how your theory applies when things become more complex friend.

Explain Clairsent-Clairgust and i will tell you how it applies or not.

You are attracted to bold and strong colors. You are possibly more interested in tattoos and dyed hair. You tend to be very meticulous, detail oriented, and steadfast at achieving your goals. Your sense of humor is more geared towards laughing at self rather than laughing at others. Finally, if the story of Clarita Villanueva is in someway relatable, or fascinating, or just too spooky to read, then you can all the more be sure of being Clairsent-Clairgust.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not really attracted to strong colors. Dyed hair is too dramatic, hard pass, tattoos are alright but nothing special.

I'm more of a big picture person, my sense of humor is geared towards making fun of others.

Clarita Villanueva story is a boring no sense.

Try again, one last time, maybe you can get it right.

·
Registered
540 Posts
My first reaction to this was, there's no way every single person is working toward the greater good. People look out for themselves and theirs, mainly their spouses and kids, and sometimes not even that much...

I try to see the good in everyone, even the most sick, messed up person. God has the final call, even for someone who most would believe deserves Hell. Good thing people don't get to call the shots for most things, really! They just think they do! Haha!

Life is about submission to the correct things, and through that submission, you gain more power than you could ever imagine... or at the very least, have more understanding to use more of your potential. Without that understanding, your work is for naught.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't think I use either. I really wish I could be more accepting of people, but then in practice I form judgments way too quickly and way too readily and I constantly evaluate people based on their ideas, their actions, everything. I can be a bit harsh on children and adolescents, even, because I tend to see their behavior even at a young age as possible patterns for their behavior in the future when they grow older and become adults. I often fail to recognize that their brains aren't fully developed yet and that the social circumstances they're exposed to may make them different than when they're more independent and on their own.

This makes me a bit of a hypocrite, I'll admit, because I was a completely different person when younger and I had not become aware of myself. Maybe it's really true that some of the things I have such a hard time accepting in some of the people around me are a reflection of some remaining self-pity, even self-hatred of who I once was before I decided to change.

I like to consider myself as someone who always sees the best in what others do and who they are, but then I'm actually quite hesitant to continue understanding someone when I've decided, sometimes with the snap of a finger, that their philosophy and approach towards life is too divergent from my internal sense of what's right. Usually this involves me branding them with terms like "too superficial", "too dramatic", "too shallow", "too materialistic", "too" this and that. When it comes to evaluating a person I look at the whole package. If they've got enough traits in them that I just don't like, I will try to not see what little good they have in them because the overall sum of the parts is not acceptable to me. At other times I have a hard time seeing the best in people when I evaluate them on the basis of just a few things that matter to me. Overall, I'd say I am actually judgmental, perhaps more so than some of the other people in my life because my internal sense of what's right vs. wrong can be so strong, yet so subjective. It bends and sometimes changes are made, but I'm more rigid than I appear to be. It often feels so contradictory to me. I really wish I had both unconditional Love and Belief but it's not easy for me because it's my sensitivity and perceptiveness that can make me so judgmental.

Would anyone care to explain to me why this could be the case? In terms of functions, other processes etc. If I really HAD to gravitate towards one, I'd choose Unconditional Love.

·
Sire Dominus Laird
121 Posts
There's nothing more stupid than unconditional belief.
1. This is where flat-earthers and other religious freaks fail: against all proofs against their case, they are unable to be reasoned with, just don't want to listen or say "there must be something I shouldn't know".

If you call it hope, then that's fine. But that's the limit.

2. Intelligence is partly measured in your skill to adapt to new knowledge. Unconditional belief goes against this in a frontal collision.
In a setting where the knowledge is relevant:
a. If you are ignorant because you simply haven't had the chance to learn, no problem.
b. But if you are ignorant because you choose to believe something against factual information and spread your opinion, you deserve no respect in regards to the latter.

(I acted on this to a boyfriend long ago, it made him grow up a little).

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My first reaction to this was, there's no way every single person is working toward the greater good. People look out for themselves and theirs, mainly their spouses and kids, and sometimes not even that much...

I try to see the good in everyone, even the most sick, messed up person. God has the final call, even for someone who most would believe deserves Hell. Good thing people don't get to call the shots for most things, really! They just think they do! Haha!

Life is about submission to the correct things, and through that submission, you gain more power than you could ever imagine... or at the very least, have more understanding to use more of your potential. Without that understanding, your work is for naught.
Besides believing that everyone has the greatest good in mind, Unconditional Belief also entails believing that every action-consequence is a lesson for someone, at some place in time.

I don't think I use either. I really wish I could be more accepting of people, but then in practice I form judgments way too quickly and way too readily and I constantly evaluate people based on their ideas, their actions, everything. I can be a bit harsh on children and adolescents, even, because I tend to see their behavior even at a young age as possible patterns for their behavior in the future when they grow older and become adults. I often fail to recognize that their brains aren't fully developed yet and that the social circumstances they're exposed to may make them different than when they're more independent and on their own.

This makes me a bit of a hypocrite, I'll admit, because I was a completely different person when younger and I had not become aware of myself. Maybe it's really true that some of the things I have such a hard time accepting in some of the people around me are a reflection of some remaining self-pity, even self-hatred of who I once was before I decided to change.

I like to consider myself as someone who always sees the best in what others do and who they are, but then I'm actually quite hesitant to continue understanding someone when I've decided, sometimes with the snap of a finger, that their philosophy and approach towards life is too divergent from my internal sense of what's right. Usually this involves me branding them with terms like "too superficial", "too dramatic", "too shallow", "too materialistic", "too" this and that. When it comes to evaluating a person I look at the whole package. If they've got enough traits in them that I just don't like, I will try to not see what little good they have in them because the overall sum of the parts is not acceptable to me. At other times I have a hard time seeing the best in people when I evaluate them on the basis of just a few things that matter to me. Overall, I'd say I am actually judgmental, perhaps more so than some of the other people in my life because my internal sense of what's right vs. wrong can be so strong, yet so subjective. It bends and sometimes changes are made, but I'm more rigid than I appear to be. It often feels so contradictory to me. I really wish I had both unconditional Love and Belief but it's not easy for me because it's my sensitivity and perceptiveness that can make me so judgmental.

Would anyone care to explain to me why this could be the case? In terms of functions, other processes etc. If I really HAD to gravitate towards one, I'd choose Unconditional Love.
It looks like you have repressed Belief, though all the other emotions are well developed, including love. To help experience Unconditional Belief, you can start by blessing everything that happens in your life.
@Ksiaze

If you are interested in how emotional repressions show up in art, then please check this thread: https://www.personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/1315321-mbti-emotional-repressions-developments-how-they-manifest-art-actions.html

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's nothing more stupid than unconditional belief.
1. This is where flat-earthers and other religious freaks fail: against all proofs against their case, they are unable to be reasoned with, just don't want to listen or say "there must be something I shouldn't know".

If you call it hope, then that's fine. But that's the limit.

2. Intelligence is partly measured in your skill to adapt to new knowledge. Unconditional belief goes against this in a frontal collision.
In a setting where the knowledge is relevant:
a. If you are ignorant because you simply haven't had the chance to learn, no problem.
b. But if you are ignorant because you choose to believe something against factual information and spread your opinion, you deserve no respect in regards to the latter.

(I acted on this to a boyfriend long ago, it made him grow up a little).
Unconditional Belief does not mean believing everything you read on the internet. It simply entails that you believe that people are always right, all the time; they are doing the right things, being at the right places, and at the right time, always. It also means that you believe in people (that there is a lesson to be learned for every action, for someone at some time), despite all that you hear about shootings, robberies, muggings and murders on the news.

·
Sire Dominus Laird
121 Posts
Unconditional Belief does not mean believing everything you read on the internet.
It's also not what I aimed for.

It simply entails that you believe that people are always right, all the time; they are doing the right things, being at the right places, and at the right time, always. It also means that you believe in people (that there is a lesson to be learned for every action, for someone at some time), despite all that you hear about shootings, robberies, muggings and murders on the news.
What you describe here is also known as determinism, which is a philosophical subject, which has many more implications.
For example, determinism means you have no free will. You're all robots. Does an INFJ want that?
Everything happens as a consequence of everything, but the way you describe it is still different and emotional, where emotion has no place in reasoning. It only blurs things and creates bias.

And no, I certainly don't think everything has a reason. There are also odds, manifesting as bad luck, that can cause terrible things (like in the medical world). What lesson would you learn from a dying foetus when the mother does everything she can to prevent this? Try even harder? Life sucks? Or again: God works in mysterious ways? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's also not what I aimed for.

What you describe here is also known as determinism, which is a philosophical subject, which has many more implications.
For example, determinism means you have no free will. You're all robots. Does an INFJ want that?
Everything happens as a consequence of everything, but the way you describe it is still different and emotional, where emotion has no place in reasoning. It only blurs things and creates bias.

And no, I certainly don't think everything has a reason. There are also odds, manifesting as bad luck, that can cause terrible things (like in the medical world). What lesson would you learn from a dying foetus when the mother does everything she can to prevent this? Try even harder? Life sucks? Or again: God works in mysterious ways? :rolleyes:
In Conversations with God, by Neale Donald Walsch, it's explained that forces of nature are not "bad luck", as when a fetus dies due to development issues, a hurricane wrecks a ship, or a tornado ruins a house, or a tsunami inundates a city. They are just how nature works, which can be for you or against you. The ultimate outcome is not in jeopardy, because it has already been determined.

The post is just to clarify that Unconditional Belief does not mean believing everything you hear on the internet, or whatever you hear about others, which you were clearly implying. Unconditional Belief simply entails that you believe people are always at the right place, at the right time, under the right circumstances, and doing the right things, and that there is a lesson to be learned for every action, for someone at sometime, whether it's a mother mourning the loss of a child, or a father mourning the loss of a daughter or son.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts