Personality Cafe banner

Vote for my type.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright. So I know I'm an E, so let's use these default questions (that I gratefully nabbed from another post) to nail my other 3 letters. If you knew the type I claimed earlier, disregard that and start from scratch. My suspicions: ESTP, ESFP, or ENFJ. (Se & Fe)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
INFP is not a choice?

on a more serious note I sense TiFe decision making
mmm...so ESTP (hmmm), ENTP (nah, I'm no snooty intellectual), ENFJ or ESFJ (uh, where's my fucking Si then? hahaha NOPE.)

I'm thinking ENFJ. I think I've got plenty of Fe.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
You seem to have way too much Ti for it to be your last function.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I'd say ESTP or ENTP. You just sound like you got your shit together compared to some other ExTPs and make very reasonable connections.

Se vs Ne - basically Se amplifies objects and Ne amplifies connections between those objects. They are both forward/future looking functions but they look to future from different angles. Why people say that sensors have a better grasp on reality is because their mind places value on the seen and the felt. Why people say intuitives can be in lala land is because their mind places value on connections between objects that aren't invisible, not seen or felt. So mind of intuitive dominant person deals primarily in this invisible, especially to sensors, currency. If you can identify which kind currency you deal with most then you can establish whether you're Ne or Se dominant. It should be pretty straightforward because Se-doms have intuitive function as inferior and Se-doms have intuitive function as inferior.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I'd say ESTP or ENTP. You just sound like you got your shit together compared to some other ExTPs and make very reasonable connections.

Se vs Ne - basically Se amplifies objects and Ne amplifies connections between those objects. They are both forward/future looking functions but they look to future from different angles. Why people say that sensors have a better grasp on reality is because their mind places value on the seen and the felt. Why people say intuitives can be in lala land is because their mind places value on connections between objects that aren't invisible, not seen or felt. So mind of intuitive dominant person deals primarily in this invisible, especially to sensors, currency. If you can identify which kind currency you deal with most then you can establish whether you're Ne or Se dominant. It should be pretty straightforward because Se-doms have intuitive function as inferior and Se-doms have intuitive function as inferior.
I think about the invisible when I'm alone and not doing anything to be distracted by. Otherwise, I think about plans, schemes and what I need to get done.

EDIT: Actually, I suppose "planning", "scheming" and "worrying" are still "invisible activities".

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ENTP (nah, I'm no snooty intellectual)
Heh, I would guess most ENTPs aren't intellectuals. Philosophy seems more like an IN area, but I know an ENFP that double majored in philosophy in college and calls himself a philosopher king. An ENTP could probably do it if they wanted to, but I don't think philosophy is a normal area for a Type 7.

An ENTP I know in rl is the childhood best friend of my ESTJ dad. They both grew up in poor families, with my dad sleeping on the dirt floor of their basement with his 4 brothers. They spent most of their free time, as kids, shooting birds with BB guns to make money and messing around in a swamp. I don't think intellectualism has ever been a part of his life, and I don't think my dad would be his friend if he was. But when I've been out to dinner or something with him before, I end up laughing the whole time because everything he says is funny.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
How does 'intellectual' directly imply 'philosophy'?

Oh God, you don't really seem like an ENFJ to me, but I'm not completely sure otherwise...

·
11,928 Posts
I didn't say that it did, but you could make a case that it does.
You implied it by stating that philosophy was more of an IN thing after having stated that you didn't think ENTPs would be intellectuals.

Being an intellectual would mean something broader than that. I think she was referring to the NTs, though.

·
11,928 Posts
I can't edit my posts for some reason, but God, you do seem as if you're an ExTP. That's just a guess off of your vibes.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
You implied it by stating that philosophy was more of an IN thing after having stated that you didn't think ENTPs would be intellectuals.

Being an intellectual would mean something broader than that. I think she was referring to the NTs, though.
I was implying that, for example, even though INs are more commonly stereotyped as philosophers, there is an ENFP I know who is big on philosophy. And that an ENTP could do it (philosophy) if they want, but a Type 7 probably won't want to.

In fact, philosophy is probably more of an NF area than NT. A philosopher is very likely to be a snooty intellectual, which is why I brought it up.

(you might want to check out the usage of periods)

·
11,928 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood your point.

In fact, philosophy is probably more of an NF area than NT.
In general, I'd associate philosophy with INxx's. I'm not sure I'd say it's NF domain, generally speaking.

·
11,928 Posts
Again, I apologize for multi-posting. I still can't edit.
God, I asked you in one thread why you hadn't looked at ESTP a bit more and why you were so quick to decide on ENFJ rather than ESTP. Why is that?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Again, I apologize for multi-posting. I still can't edit.
God, I asked you in one thread why you hadn't looked at ESTP a bit more and why you were so quick to decide on ENFJ rather than ESTP. Why is that?
God has forsaken us.
:laughing:

Sorry, I forgot about this thread.

Actually, philosophy was one of my favorite classes. Same with law. The professors always liked me, because I'd always get really into the debates and counter the points, etc. I really enjoyed learning about logic, arguments, etc. Very useful stuff, but also mentally stimulating.

While I'm at it, maybe it'd help to put my favorite subjects and least favorite subjects:

FAVORTE:

Economics: It's my minor. Always enjoyed the classes.
Statistics
Math (Calculus, etc)
Law (always good to learn about loopholes and shit you could be sued for, lol)
Physics
Foreign Languages

HATED:

ACCOUNTING (it's my major, too. I'm doing it because it's practical, despite my hatred and incompetence for it)
Poetry (blah blah blah it was January of 1946, you were sad like the melting snow, OK I GET IT ALREADY. ugh)
Human Nature and Philosophy: I thought this would be another interesting philosophy class, but it's really more about touchy-feely kumbaya nonsense. We actually had to HOLD HANDS and HUG each other in class during a "togetherness" exercise. WTF. I nearly failed the class because I skipped it so much.
History: I have no memory for dates and names. The subject matter was interesting, but the details killed me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts