Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Click on this link: flickr Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7273072352_c192f247f7 ( not enough posts for pic, add .jpg at end)
I don't think there's anything interesting. Just another "photographer" showing how deep and artistic they are. It's actually a really stupid picture when I think about it. That's probably not very helpful....I like the little numbers (engraved?) on the knobs.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Unlikely. I like to be in control, meaning I like to be driving and I would not drive another's car. I never let my car run at any less than perfect (that may just be a guy thing). If something did happen, I know my car enough probably enough to fix it on time or if not use AAA to get towed to the concert and use AAA after to bring it home. My initial thoughts would likely be an extension of a contingency plan I already had before the incident occured.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

No. I don't like parties with strangers and I do not want to risk my life dodging drunks on the way home.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I do not quibble over things such as faith, but I will debate anything that I believe to have a logical understanding in. I usually win debates, sometimes because of attrition, but if I'm wrong I'll admit it and be better for learning something new.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Probably just look at them like their the most ignorant idiot in the world if they're saying something stupid. I'm tolerant of other people but inside I'm judging them harshly.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
- Always be on time, because it's really irritating to me when people aren't.
-When you're at work, work. I hate people that slack off and how do these people get hired in the first place?
- Do something worth doing and original. My purpose in life is to add understanding for others.
- Have an open mind if there are no risks.
- Appreciate the people that love me and try not to be most critical to them (although i usually fail at this)
-Treat people as if they're guilty until proven innocent. I guess I've come to accept this value, I didn't always but I realized that most people are scumbags with masks on.

My values are set and will only change if following them harms me.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I'm intelligent and innovative. One example, I made an applied mathematical model that no one has ever done before. The only problem is, the research stopped after the paper and the class ended. I didn't pursue it any further. I wish wasn't so lazy/unmotivated so that I could pursue all of the things i theorize. I wish I didn't appear so apathetic to people. I am a nice person I think but I found that I smile as an impulse because that's what people like, not what I really feel.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I get excited about new theories but I am realistic enough to look for ways to refute them. I get gut feelings about how people are based on past experiences too and these are usually just when I'm observing people, which I don't do as much now (just don't care to anymore)

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I like driving my car a lot, playing video games, browsing car forums and used car ads, watching t.v. If I'm not being lazy, reading a textbook to find new ways to adjust my models.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress emotions because I don't want to get too involved with people i'm unfamiliar with - which is most people. I'm probably more logical internally and don't always give off the impression that I'm always thinking and obsessive.

edit: Just wanted to add, this post may make me look like a robot. I'm far from it. I'm pretty sensitive, and don't like to upset people I like or those that have faith in me. In some ways I'm very different than I was around 7 years ago. I was a class clown, maybe even an extrovert. Wanted to be popular. Did risky things. etc. I didn't like putting myself out there, the chance of being critisized. I changed completely.

Bah, just forgot you're probably watching game of thrones now :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts