Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i realize I was very wrong. He is not an INFJ. I just know he's introverted. extremely so.

He keeps to himself. usually ridding his face of emotion, even if he is in an emotional mood. When I am obviously depressed or upset, he doesn't comfort me. He keeps teh mask on and is silently awkward like he doesn't know how to deal with it. He is definitely a P. He does not like looking into the future at all. Including planning ahead. He seems to do actions without realizing the effect it has on people.

What do you think his type might be?

I was thinking maybe ISTP or INTP

·
Registered
216 Posts
Between the two choices of INTP and ISTP, he is probably ISTP because of this, "He does not like looking into the future at all. Including planning ahead." Intuition basically requires that you subconsciously look ahead into the future and make assumptions from perceived patterns.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I was stumped on that one.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
When I am obviously depressed or upset, he doesn't comfort me.
And you like this trait?

When this happens to me, I stop thinking about MBTI and start thinking about leaving this person.
Who wants to be treated like that?
Any type can act like that.
Any type could treat you better.
Errk *shivers*

Who is he? Is he a family member? Boyfriend? So-called-friend?

Sorry about being judgmental. I hate it when people treat other people like this. Nothing revs me up more.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's no problem.

He's my boyfriend.

I don't like the trait, but I can't help but love him.

And I know he loves me.

It's complicated =P

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
In my experience, Sensing is more conducive to inconsiderateness. I know that's kind of a prejudice statement to make, but, they rarely queue into anything unless you tell them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
In my experience, Sensing is more conducive to inconsiderateness. I know that's kind of a prejudice statement to make, but, they rarely queue into anything unless you tell them.
Haha, while I would love to support your conclusions about Sensing... I can't help but disagree.

I personally can be quite inconsiderate especially if it's with someone I don't like, or have already written off. Member the doorslam thing? All Ns an be very inconsiderate due to simple spaciness (forgetting birthdays) or by viewing all possible concepts at once (disobeying social norms).

Sensors tend to be either completely upbeat and live in the moment (ESFP) (Se in general), or using Si a little too much and becoming quite pessimistic about the state of the world (ISTJ) and living in the past.

Both are probably equally inconsiderate at times.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not that he's a jerk. He just doesn't like/know how to deal with strong emotions. I used to think otherwise, until I became certain of his personality type.

I doubt it. He's so independent he would probably just do what he wants, not what I want. He doesn't think of it as rude. Either that or he would forget/think it was weird. :blushed:

It seems like I have a history of falling for ISTP's. None of which have worked out beside my current ISTP boyfriend.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If I can poke my head in here for a bit, I've experience with ISTPs romantically. The only male I ever loved was an ISTP, only serious relationship, etc., also I tend to get flirty with ISTPs a lot.

"He doesn't comfort me. He keeps teh mask on and is silently awkward like he doesn't know how to deal with it."

Although I'm sure every ISTP is different, my ex was like this too. I accepted it after a while, but in the beginning it was frustrating that I would be crying and he wouldn't try to comfort me in any way that was really aiming at the problem. He would kind of just be quiet and hold me, but I wanted to feel like he actually cared about my problems, and he did, he just honestly didn't know what to say. ISTPs tend to be laconic sometimes, and they're not really tuned into emotion and such. When they feel, however, and make it visible to you, then it's very obvious. They reply in a logical manner to help solve your solution, and they also like showing with their actions that they care. They honestly don't know how to be obviously touchy-feely, though.

"He's so independent he would probably just do what he wants, not what I want."

If he cares, he will obviously make an effort to take interest in your activities, but ISTPs can be rather independent. Don't let him just go off and not do anything with you.

ISTPs are interesting. I admire their logic and rationality, and their ability to work with their hands to create these new little inventions, and it's so cute when they're excited about a project :proud:.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It doesn't help that he has ADHD. So, he would probably just forget. (He's very forgetful) But hey, so am i :crazy:

I'm starting to accept it, but it's gonna take some time =P

If if he did something he was more interested in, he probably wouldn't think of it the way I see it. He probably wouldn't think anything bad of it at all. Just normal.

Sometimes It seems like I know him better then he does :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts