Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know how many of you have found love on the internet?

I've read stories from okcupid, match.com, message boards...etc.
I want to know you're own stories, if you all care to share?

I tried looking on this forum to see if this topic was posted on here...
so excuse me if it is...

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Something tells me that creating an emotional attachment is even more difficult over text than it is in person. That's just me, but I am terrible with words in that sense, so who knows.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have. We are now together in real life and have been for almost 4 years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I met my partner on plentyoffish. It's a free site, so you get what you pay for, but it worked out for us. I was on the site 10 months - he was one for a week or two. Almost 4 years, a house, a car, and a cat later, we're very happy.
This makes me so happy. :happy:

Reactions: sleepyhead

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have tried online dating on and off for several years and had very limited success (that may be due in part to my age bracket). However, recently, one of my 20-something co-workers met a man via Match and said it was love at first sight.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My boyfriend and I met on OKCupid this summer and we're very happy together. He was one of the first people to send me a message and I was already half-seduced by his brain by the time I'd finished reading the first message he wrote me.

We weren't in the same city at the time because I'd gone home over the summer to live with my parents -- it sounds kind of naive in retrospect, but I didn't really think that I was going to meet anyone I liked even remotely. For better or for worse, I'm quite picky. So because of the distance thing, we ended up talking to each other online for two months before we met. It was kind of Victorian in a way; we wrote each other letters for more than a month before eventually progressing to IM. Waiting for his responses was agony... partially because I'm impatient, but also because I think my generation is very used to instantaneous communication.

Anyway, we went on our first date the first night that I came back and we've been very happy together for the last seven months. I have lots of embarrassing posts lurking around the forum to prove it. He's my best friend.

So ultimately, I'm pro-online dating, especially for introverts.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
It depends on where you are and what you're looking for.

I've had limited success with it in the past.

But right now, I live in the boondocks (even moreso than in the past) and I'm not interested in a long distance relationship. So I'd say my chances were pretty close to nil.

Recently I was contacted by a guy on OKC and we exchanged a few messages, but he lives down in London, which is about 300 miles away. I doubt he could find my town on a map (londoners tend to be ignorant of any where outside the M25).
To me, London could as well be another country. I've been to New York more times in the last 3 years than I've been to London.

So that's a non-starter.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I tried many dating-websites, still and again and again disappointed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can't imagine that would work well for me; I'm quite a bit different on the Internet compared to real life.

Reactions: donkeybals

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried many dating-websites, still and again and again disappointed.

I've done the online thing and still have my profile up...I use it for friendships rather than dating.
Try that option.

for me personally, I usually end up chasing men rather than attracting them. I'm aggressive and impatient. Which are the same factors that may scare some away...lol

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It depends on where you are and what you're looking for.

I've had limited success with it in the past.

But right now, I live in the boondocks (even moreso than in the past) and I'm not interested in a long distance relationship. So I'd say my chances were pretty close to nil.

Recently I was contacted by a guy on OKC and we exchanged a few messages, but he lives down in London, which is about 300 miles away. I doubt he could find my town on a map (londoners tend to be ignorant of any where outside the M25).
To me, London could as well be another country. I've been to New York more times in the last 3 years than I've been to London.

So that's a non-starter.
She met her husband online and he lived in the UK and visited her.
they are married now, she inspires me...The sheer idea of a man visiting a woman he loves.... most men wouldn't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts