Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys, It's been a year now that I'm around this forum, but I still have troubles to understand some things!
I have a grasp on noticing functions in others, thanks to you guys that teached me a lot, but I'm confused as hell about myself:
Let me explain

- People in a general Telegram chat would type me as INTP, but, I must say, that group is full of INTPs and Ti is the only way to relate on a good level with them online, never met them unluckily, they say I quite value it based only on online assumptions, but maybe those are some vibes that they are getting, since at the time I joined I was completely stressed and I'm writing there in not my native language :/

- On two socionics sites I was typed (with a video) as INTP (LII),answering kinda vague questions, but still, I don't think they quite got my type, I know several INTPs IRL with different Enneagrams, but they are quite far from my general behaviours and thinking pattern (even if I really like them and relate quite well with them on impersonal data)

- People around MBTI forums typed me as ESFP or, sometimes, xSFJ/INFP/ENFJ, still, based on questionnaires (and maybe because I'm a strong 9w1 enneagram), also, a professional MBTI typer on youtube typed me on my video (another short video, with general questions, including body language), as my surprise, INTJ enneagram 6, telling me that INFJ or INFP were pretty close alternatives, that's another thing that throw me in confusion xD

- Lastly, IRL I don't know many people that know MBTI System in a so In-depth way, they know just the basis and, IMO, not very well, but still they told me that I would never resemble an INTP in any behaviours, rather some kind of EF type (My INTJ friend and singer in my band, that know a bit more than others, but just a bit, told me I resemble mostly an ExFP, leaning toward N), and I can definitely see why! Also, I never met another INTJ friend of mine IRL, even if we're both italians, but she know quite a lot about MBTI and think I was using Fe - Se - Ni - Ti functions, even if, after telling her that socionics thing, she thought I was an ENTP, but I'd rather go with her first impression :p

My question is, can I manage in some way to get a better understanding on my functions preference? Which type I resemble most? Can you tell me a way to make you guys know something better about myself? (Of course the people that are interested in typing and taking some of their time in some way :) )
Online tests are quite inaccurate on my case because I learned how to manipulate them even unconciously, unluckily for me ahah xD

I'm quite in a pinch right now, because I'm still having issues on typing myself D: I read that for the adaptable nature of 9 types, like 3 in some way, they are the types that are having most troubles to figure themselves out, but maybe it's just a stereotype!
Anyway, thanks a lot guys, I won't bother you again after this xD
Cheers!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Fill in one of the questionnaires at the top of this forum so we can get an idea of your personality :) The wide variety of other peoples opinions doesn't tell us very much about you

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fill in one of the questionnaires at the top of this forum so we can get an idea of your personality :) The wide variety of other peoples opinions doesn't tell us very much about you
Thanks for the suggestion :) Do you have one questionnaire in particular? :)
I made several of them!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion :) Do you have one questionnaire in particular? :)
I made several of them!
My favourite method is to go through them all and select the questions I can answer thoroughly and honestly (because for half of the questions I just read them I think '...wut? I dunno'). I think the scenario one is pretty good because you could relate it to your real life experiences and telling us what you ACTUALLY did in a scenario is more accurate than guessing how you would act (because often no matter how sure we are of how we will act there's always a chance that the reality is different).

Although I don't know how good that way is- I started a thread yesterday using this method and so far have had zero typings :L

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks a lot, I like it very much too! I'll put it here

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?
Never found myself in a similar situation, so is quite hard to imagine it... I'd be switching probably between dread and sadness, with a little bit of anger against the "something" that is there to take her out of my life, on my own I would hardly manage to cope with it, but I'll probably put on a smile and be there, next to her, until the last moment to provide everything that could ease her pain a little, I won't ever leave her alone to face it!

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?
Myself and how would i go on in the future without her, but, as I said above, I'll never abandon her and accompany her in this journey

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?
Who am I to leave him alone in a difficult situation? If I were in his place I would definitely do so too, and who cares about professor's will, I don't think a little help could harm him :p
Still, I'd be a little suspicious beacause it would seem a bit opportunistic, but, again, I won't leave him in deep troubles

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?
Mostly because if someone needs help why should I leave him in troubles? After all we're roomates and we share the same class, it would also be an occasion to know each other better

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.
This could become quite hard to understand since I'll start to write automatically xD
The first thing that comes into my mind is a bit of doubt of my roomate's intention like "ah, so, now that I am top of the class you look for me?", but then, I won't really care since he needs my help. I will probably start to think of the most efficient way to let him understand the materials here and examples to take, making him do most of the work while I'm checking his progress as a supervisor; I'll throw in, of course, a little bit of fun to mix it in the study pace, trying to talk about his experiences so far about the course and what does he think about the setting, trying to understand each other's point of view and ideas!
After all, I really enjoy teaching others in some way, so it would be also a way to understand how far my knowledge on the topic extends and do a general review of what I already done, while grabbing on the opportunity to understand better each other! And, of course, after the job's done go to chill somewhere together.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?
I'll go for the first, since I prefer teamwork and what is asked is more to find "Solutions" to different issues, potentially giving the possibility to everyone to fulfill their roles and specialization in a more efficient way; I like the idea of guiding a so large scale project that ask for different inputs and requests, rather than focusing alone on a single, inferior project; After all is a perfect opportunity to test my skills and improve them, and see on the action how effective I could be, while having the opportunity to meet different people. Also, at the worst, the work could be done by something else, rather than losing all the efforts I put in if we were talking about the second projects, it's an opportunity to learn and improve!

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?
I think my first answer was quite explanatory! what most influenced me is the idea of fulfilling a leader role in a so large scale project, rather than a simple and smaller one that makes less or no difference, giving me the chance to improve my skills and leadership organizational abilties; after all, only with experience is possible to acknowledge my current skill level and the efficiency of the team, and it also gives me the possibility to deepen my web of connections and cooperation with others! Also, different inputs, in a large scale project, help us to learn several new things! Finally, I really like temwork with people, is quite more fun and interesting than single, individual work (and that's one of the best way, personally speaking, to fix what I studied and learned so far in my mind)
SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.
I really enjoy brainstorming and looking at how the possibilities given could specifically be actualized in the future, different inputs, different outcomes, the purpose of this work is to understand which idea holds the strongest potential and could really make a difference! I would gladly participate, debating how these ideas could be actualized and which, in my opinion, don't hold a chance to do so (and would gladly demonstrate so, in with my explanation, if asked to do so. Of course, it still would be a personal POV, but I'd enjoy to see how others would participate in this and which different ideas my colleagues will suggest). I would be more laid-back only if the project really doesn't appeal to me or I am too tired to participate (or others are too unreasonable and not objective xD)

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.
Mostly because I find teamwork a better way to improve the overall projects and a fast way to reach a common goal, giving the opportunity to cooperate together and an investment in the future!
SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why
?

Well, I have a knack for video-games, so I'll dedicate my afternoon to them, throwing in some sport activity (like gym or something else) to break the rhythm, but I'd definitely go out in the evening to take a beer together with my closest friends and enjoy some leisure and pleasant time with them, since they are a valuable piece of my life and we have a lot of different discussions and interesting chats, possibly playing something with them later like a board game or a thing that could actually make us focus on something to have fun

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?
Generally when I have the chance to realx a bit and have a comfortable, easy day, but I'd think I get more energized by work (with that I don't mean study, I prefer hands.on learning, and, if it is, of course, interesting and appealing to me) since I actually see the result of what I put my energies into (another reason why I really like competitive video-games)

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?
a) Teacher, I really like teaching others to prove myself and verify, with direct experience, if I have a good grasp on what I learned, and because it appeals to me the idea of leaving a good legacy to the citizens of the future! that would make me quite fullfilled!

b) Psychologist, people say that I have quite a knack to get others and understand them, putting aside the fact that Psychology, IMHO, is one of the most interesting fields of study, putting this capacity in order to help others some way is a thing I'd really like

c) Medical doctor, I like the health field quite much, but it's a too long course of study for my taste, but it's fascinating as hell

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?
The first two were really easy, the last one quite hard because several careers interested me, but not so much like the other 2 to easily select them, excluding the others

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?
Mostly for the social issues, because I imagine them to be really fulfilling since I grew up with my mother that is pretty interested in those thing, and I can definitely see myself operating in them (and enjoy for the most part) because I like the idea of doing a job that is not an end in itself, but rather could make some improvements for others

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

Short Effective Scenario Questionnaire 2.0 (Self-Type)-paintedcanyon1fb.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.
Mostly the contrast made by light and dark, is a wonderful place I would go in to explore and relax a bit, seems pretty comfortable and with a gorgeous view, I can definitely feel the wind howling there while relaxing under the sun there; I'd like to explore it and chill a bit there.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?
I don't know, those were kind standing out immediately for me, it's quite evident the contrast of the colors and the light and darnkess there, I guess

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?
Not very much for the photo itself, while the place is definitely gorgeous, I love the pictures of landscapes, they're my favorite kind of photos and the one that I generally end up doing with my camera!

And here we go, sorry for the incredible lenght!
@KillinIt thanks for suggesting it to me, I'm looking forward on hearing your opinion on this, it was an amazing questionnaire @Jinsei This was amazing, thanks for making it

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think you're an ENFP. I see a lot of Ne from you enjoying brainstorming, looking at different possibilities, connections and perspectives. I don't see a lot of evidence for you being a sensing type so Ne would be your dom or aux function. So with that in mind, it's down to are you a Ti or Fi user. You seem very interested in your own point of view, your own feelings and personal favourite things and this isn;t countered with seeming to want to understand how things work in the way a Ti user would. I was torn between ENFP and INFP (Ne>Fi or Fi>Ne) but you mentioned something about how you relax at the end of the day (I tried to go back and find it but now I can't find where I read it!)which makes me think you favour extroversion.

So yeah, ENFP would be my best guess! (however I would like to add that I think Ne and Se are the two functions that are easiest to spot and tend to stand out a lot so I tend to pick up on those two fastest. Let me know if you disagree with the functions I picked out!)

p.s. it's reeeaalllyy cheeky but as I STILL have no answers on my own questionnaire thread I filled in, would you mind taking a look over it and sharing any thoughts? :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think you're an ENFP. I see a lot of Ne from you enjoying brainstorming, looking at different possibilities, connections and perspectives. I don't see a lot of evidence for you being a sensing type so Ne would be your dom or aux function. So with that in mind, it's down to are you a Ti or Fi user. You seem very interested in your own point of view, your own feelings and personal favourite things and this isn;t countered with seeming to want to understand how things work in the way a Ti user would. I was torn between ENFP and INFP (Ne>Fi or Fi>Ne) but you mentioned something about how you relax at the end of the day (I tried to go back and find it but now I can't find where I read it!)which makes me think you favour extroversion.

So yeah, ENFP would be my best guess! (however I would like to add that I think Ne and Se are the two functions that are easiest to spot and tend to stand out a lot so I tend to pick up on those two fastest. Let me know if you disagree with the functions I picked out!)

p.s. it's reeeaalllyy cheeky but as I STILL have no answers on my own questionnaire thread I filled in, would you mind taking a look over it and sharing any thoughts? :D
Thanks for sharing your opinion!
Yeah, several people told me I favor Ne rather than Ni - Se, that makes sense!
About the Fi, not sure, for me F functions are the harder to get, because I don't think Fi is only a thing about personal preference, but a rather profound form of interpretation, and I'm still unsure on which I favor.
Based on what the key at the end of the questionnaire is, this auto type showed a lot of Te paired with Si in some things, I was curious about were you found all this Ne that you're telling me about!
I'm not good at typing, but I'll take a look at your questionnaire too, see if I can help! Thanks again

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'd gladly listen to other members' point of view (like @Adena , if you have a minute :) ), since I think this is the most honest and accurate description I wrote about myself so far, let me know if you have other ideas guys!

@Turi if you have a second I'd love your opinion, I made your other questionnaire too, but still no answer so far!

@Tipo you already typed me, but if you have a second I'd enjoy to hear your opinion too on this more serious post :p

Thanks again for everyone that will collaborate!

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I'd gladly listen to other members' point of view (like @Adena , if you have a minute :) ), since I think this is the most honest and accurate description I wrote about myself so far, let me know if you have other ideas guys!

@Turi if you have a second I'd love your opinion, I made your other questionnaire too, but still no answer so far!

@Tipo you already typed me, but if you have a second I'd enjoy to hear your opinion too on this more serious post :p

Thanks again for everyone that will collaborate!
I'll take a look at it tomorrow once I'm done with everything I hope I'll be able to help!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, if you're interested in and have a little time (I don't ask to watch all of 28 minutes of video, but I could help you for the visual part) I answered the same questions with a video response for a Socionics site!
If you wanna take a look (and I'll be grateful for it) , the video is this one:

https://youtu.be/rSuB4Lr6IoM

Thanks guys!!!! (Of course is not monetized, so no spam intended xD)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts