Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
19 year old man: I suffer from on-and-off depression. Been getting it since I was about 9. Around age 13 it got really bad and every year from October to about March, I get down in the dumps for some reason. Obviously I’m chronologically in that time period right now but I feel fine.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Unfortunately I don’t have access to pictures. I’ll most likely update this post when I hit 15 posts

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thought would immediately be either “Aw fuck” or “Oh shit”. My outward reaction would be to try to stay calm. I’m pretty sure the group I’m with would freak out, so me freaking out would do no good even though I’d probably be flipping shit on the inside. I’d ask questions about the car if I’m not driving, do a google to see what we could do and try to get everybody together so we can do something. If not, then guy could call a tow company or something and the rest of us can get to the concert that we paid for via foot or Uber or something. Driver probably knew about his car issues.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I honestly hate parties and find them extremely boring. But it is a group thing so I’d put up with it if everyone else is on board. I’d let em know I don’t want to go but the group thing and the fact I’m not driving doesn’t give me much sway. So I’d go and sit alone with my face deep in my phone until it’s over. Probably get some drinks in and relax. If it gets too boring, I wouldn’t be past leaving on my own though.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
It’d take a lot out of me to not say anything, to be honest. I’m not above a fun little debate; I used to often troll people into debates and find amusement in ruffling their emotions. But I’m trying a new thing where I don’t debate anymore, as it’s kinda pointless. So I’d let them sound stupid and ignore their claim. If I really feel like it, I may say something to see where their head is and if it does lead into a debate then I’d hit them with my “2 Response Rule” and keep it moving.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Hmm... It would depend on what it is, honestly. One thing I absolutely hate is a bully; someone who uses some advantage over someone significantly weaker for a cheap high or some other foul reason. If I saw someone getting bullied, I’d no doubt do whatever I can to help that person.

If it’s something like politics or my point of view on something, then I can usually look at it and shake my head before walking away. For the most part, I just mind my own business

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Well as noted, there’s the bullying thing. That gets my blood boiling and I’d consider it one of my most most important values. It came from my childhood, I was bullied hard as a kid for years at school and I think that kinda kicked in my depression.

Another one would be Self. I think everyone should value themselves before anyone and anything else. If everyone put 100% into taking care of themselves, I think a lot of problems would fade. My biggest peeve is of my contemporaries complaining and seeking approval, assistance they don’t need, recognition and what have you. I just think that you should always be able to depend on yourself, work on building yourself and take care of yourself.

The last one worth mentioning is Peace and Order. I’m constantly looking for peace and harmony. If I see a toxic situation impending, I remove myself immediately. I trust my gut with those things, using my BS radar to notice when I’m in a situation that’s going nowhere good for me. I believe that the people I know put themselves through too much unnecessary shit or that they think that life is supposed to be hard. I like to find the simple fix and get on with harmony/comfort. I’d like everything maintain order by staying in its proper place and abstain from being too chaotic. But it sometimes seems we live in a world fueled by chaos, distinction, emotion and what have you. I think the world needs more defined roles and pockets for everybody to stay in

I don’t see my values changing, to be honest. Those are my main, defining values and at this point they’re pretty much set in stone.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
A: I honestly don’t think anything special sets me apart from most people. I guess, besides my more conservative approach to life, it could be that I’m constantly in thought. I’m always breaking things down, trying to figure out what gears turn what way and what machine they belong to. I’ve put hours and hours into studying so much random, useless shit for fun. People often find me weird for doing that, but I honestly can’t think of anything more fun. I even buy $60 video games and don’t play them, instead I’m tweaking the game settings and sliders and watching simulations.

B) I would change my laziness. I’d love to be more of a doer than a thinker. I think the stereotypical ISTJ or ISTP are what I dream of being, but never will be. If I didn’t overthink as much and had that kinda stupid “whatever, just do it” mentality, then I’d be a much better person. I’ve got all these notes and ideas in my phone that’ll never see light due to me being so lazy and unmotivated. So many skills I’d like to learn but haven’t because of my complacency. My greatest wish is have Savoir Faire - the ability to know what to do in any given situation. I see that as Se, or maybe an experienced Si.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I sometimes have some low self-esteem but one thing I’m absolutely very confident about is the validity of my hunches. I don’t get strong hunches often but when I do, it’s cause I detect a pattern and know where it’s gonna go. I remember predicting problems people would have today, years ago and being absolute money. Often, they’d think I was crazy and have no belief in what I’m saying.

My hunches are often triggered when there’s an impending problem. I never really get them for anything else. Sometimes I get a gut feeling to do something random and end up dodging a bullet, other times I get a read on a situation and make moves based on the read. I wish I could got more positive hunches, honestly.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
A: Talking about interesting shit like MBTI, video games, sports, anime, movies, tv shows, conspiracy theories, etc tickle my fancy and energize me. Not in a gossip way but in more of a small debate of opinions or learning about what people like. Researching random things interest and energize me. Making spreadsheets for my video game simulations and making notes for stories I’ll never write can get me into a bit of a flow state. Watching a show or movie with a character I can relate to, the escapism energized me. Why? I honestly don’t know.

B: Social outings and gathering, dear God. I’m not even trying to be one of those pretentious fake introverts you sometimes come across on the internet. I can only be around people for so much time and then I get cranky and/or drop dead tired. Most times I’m not talking, just sitting there listening to people and going along with the ride. Gossip drains me, which may be a reason why I can’t be around people too long cause it dips into too much gossip. I can’t watch TV or movies, despite how much I love them, at home unless I’m in the mood. I get bored too easily and will roll over and go to sleep, no matter what time of day. I think that’s about it

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
If there’s too many people, I might try to repress the awkwardness and anxiety I’m feeling. Sometimes when I’m at a party or at the grocery store or the movie theater, and I see a big amount of people my age, my heart beat raises so much. I start to get dizzy and everything gets blurry. I might even get a little angry, ready to fight. I’m usually repressing that and depending on the situation, I’m either being silly (I’m a naturally goofy guy at heart despite how tough I try to be) or I’m quiet until spoken to.

Other than that, I’m repressing whatever opinions or beliefs I have that aren’t needed to be said and that I know will spark controversy. Even still I’m often called blunt and rude. So sometimes if I’m in the mood, I’m playing up my humor to shadow that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would posting regularly on the site sway people to help type me? Should I do more questionaires? What steps could I take to effectively and decisively type myself?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts