Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Totally. Except I think I'm very affectionate and give a lot of genuine complements. This is a mode, though - a mode that I shift out of introversion into. Unless I consciously do so, I won't be thinking about people generally that much - I will be lost in my own thoughts. Certain people "stamp" me though, and these I have great affection for at all times.. however, even then I might often forget the day to day stuff, things they've told me, and so on.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Spot on!

(except where it said that they will make phone calls.... I'll do pretty much anything to avoid using the telephone!)
Ditto. Phone calls, ugh! So easy to interrupt the other person and misconstrue their words without all those nonverbal signals available.

That description is spot on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally. Except I think I'm very affectionate and give a lot of genuine complements. This is a mode, though - a mode that I shift out of introversion into. Unless I consciously do so, I won't be thinking about people generally that much - I will be lost in my own thoughts. Certain people "stamp" me though, and these I have great affection for at all times.. however, even then I might often forget the day to day stuff, things they've told me, and so on.
Spot on!

(except where it said that they will make phone calls.... I'll do pretty much anything to avoid using the telephone!)
Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice that it mentioned INFPs giving ingenuine compliments and about the phone calls. I as well try to avoid the phone as much as possible and if I compliment, it's genuine :) Maybe one day, we can create the perfect INFP description being idealists and all.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
They tend to rely on themselves for direction and are reticent to ask others for help. They would rather do things themselves, to make sure they are done properly.

I totally ask for help all the time. Though I admit I wasn't always this way.

Reactions: Astrali

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
Very, very good. Not 100%, but close. And just about NEVER, do I ask for help. Never, ever. Just about. Also, ESTJ as my should be ideal partner? No. ISFJ was what worked for me.

Also posted here in 2011: http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/40454-best-most-accurate-description-infp-2.html

To add -- I don't really answer the phone for regular callers, but if I'm investigating something I will use the phone lots, leave no stone unturned. I am and was, a great investigator. This could not be more truthful of me:

When a new leisure pursuit is found, INFPs typically do a great deal of research. They may read many books and make several phone calls to dig for information.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
This article is perfect, except I never ever ever pick up the phone, I'd rather die. Oh, and ESTJ as partner... no, I'd rather die again haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts