Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the personality type of an INTJ probably doesn't lend itself to Pentecostalism in any form, but I was wondering if there were any other INTJ's that are actively involved in an UPCI, ALJC, WPF, PAW, or AAm church?

Personally, I am ALJC and Fellowship UPCI and WPF.

This will make very little sense to those who know not the lingo. lol :happy:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Not an INTJ, but I've been in and out of a WPF church. Just couldn't hack it, and as evidenced by my ENTP friend's attempts to help, even attempts through reason couldn't help me. It was too bad too. He and I went in hoping for better. He got the job, the wife, and a spot on the platform; I couldn't let go of astronomy, anime, and the need for intelligent discourse with people other than my friend and the head pastor.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's an F thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not an INTJ, but I've been in and out of a WPF church. Just couldn't hack it, and as evidenced by my ENTP friend's attempts to help, even attempts through reason couldn't help me. It was too bad too. He and I went in hoping for better. He got the job, the wife, and a spot on the platform; I couldn't let go of astronomy, anime, and the need for intelligent discourse with people other than my friend and the head pastor.

Yeah, i have noticed the WPF is far more limited in their tolerance of communication with people from outside of the WPF. I have studied their doctrine for the past 7 years or so, (in normal INTJ fashion) and i have found it to be a beautiful thing! Where they hit a brick wall in their application of what they know. Many WPFers don't understand, really, what they do. They may have the knowledge, and even the wisdom (the proper application of that knowledge.) but they lack understanding therefore they come across harsh and cold.

As a movement, they stand the best hope of preserving the Apostolic doctrine for the new generation, but they need to learn something from the "Left wing" of our movement. Mercy, grace and restoration. Not a balance, but a fusion. :) lol

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Actually, +1 for your count here. Born and reaised pentecostal. My churchis a member of PAOC which is affiliate with AG in the states.

I'm not too concerned with denomination though. Although flavour is important, the key thing is the actual food. If you end up adding too many spices and seasonings, you loose the flavour of the meat.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Well, I was watching on the BBC about the RBA's reaction to the GPI -- BTW, I'm totally DTF,

You're not the only one who is a master of acronyms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I joined this forum just to respond to your question.

Like tooboku, I am an INTJ born and raised pentecostal and a member of the PAOC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts