Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is a 6 thing, 614, or INTP at all, but here's the situation.

Often times, when I'm hanging out and having fun, be it sports, board games, a party or just a gathering, I'm having a blast and generally feeling good. After it's over and I'm heading home, I feel like it's very difficult to hold on to that happy content feeling. It's almost like my mind is saying, "That was a lot of fun, now what's next?". Intelletually I know it's been a satisfying day but the feeling of happiness and joy of having hung out with friends doing something I like seems to fade away. I'm not saying I become unhappy, but I revert to being content and wanting something new to happen. Maybe it's my 7 wing? I have no idea.

Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Is this because it's what you tell yourself ? Maybe you could say " That was fun ", now it will be nice to unwind until next time. Nothing wrong with thinking about an event that was fun, but there are fun times ahead also. Try and put more focus on next time than what already was. Tomorrow is a different day.

Reactions: Yee_HD

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
o.o you also sound a bit ISTP as well...(my first thought after reading your post).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Think in another way round, maybe you haven't really lived in the moment yet? Because when I have a truly happy experience, that would resonate for quite a time, like a day or two. Then it fades, without feeling sad, empty or whatsoever. Instead, it gives me hope for life. On the contrary, an unfulfilled soul is terribly painful, it feels like you always want more but cannot really achieve it.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm melancholic by nature. I mean, I can have fun but after that, I start having thoughts like 'now what..? Next day is different day..and there are many unhappy kids out there, who doesn't get such privileges like me..' etc (doesn't seems to be so easy when I think of it).If you mean this, then yes. I can relate with you.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I kinda know the feeling. But if I feel it, I think it is for different reasons. Usually when I was heading back home after a nice day out, I would be per-occupied with what my parents would be thinking, "are they gonna shout at me for being late?", "did I forget to do any of my chores again?", "did they find that new dress I stashed in my closed and wondered how much it cost?".. etc. So the moment I am done having fun my mind starts to jump to disaster situations that will happen next.

Now I don't live with my parents anymore, (and I am an adult not a high school student that needs monitoring) but I have found that the sort of fun makes a difference on whether it will last or not. If I went to the opera and I got really inspired for example, it can stay with me for a bit. If I just went to play cards with friends, that doesn't really stick that long.

I do totally relate to the *what comes next* part of your OP.

Reactions: Yee_HD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o.o you also sound a bit ISTP as well...(my first thought after reading your post).
That was an excellent thought Rim. I did some checking and I think I am more ISTP than INTP. ISTP is how I interact with the world at least. =)

Think in another way round, maybe you haven't really lived in the moment yet? Because when I have a truly happy experience, that would resonate for quite a time, like a day or two. Then it fades, without feeling sad, empty or whatsoever. Instead, it gives me hope for life. On the contrary, an unfulfilled soul is terribly painful, it feels like you always want more but cannot really achieve it.
I think you may be right. The subject wasn't very well chosen because I wasn't sure how to title it, but I probably don't completely live in the moment. I think it is because even though I have a lot of fun when I'm having fun, it doesn't quite satisfy a need. It may be the sx variant that I crave an intimate connection with someone. Doesn't have to be a girlfriend of course, but that would certainly satisfy the requirement. I know I love having 1 on 1 chats with people, but I don't have a best friend or like someone I could confide everything to. At this point I wouldn't know how to develop a relationship to that degree. I can easily tell someone my deepest hopes and fears, but they'd have to reciprocate and even then I'm not sure that void would be completely filled, you know what I mean? Generally speaking though, I'm content, but it'd be nice to go beyond that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts