Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard stories on teen forums about other cheerleading squads being being mean and snobby! I think a national High School cheerleading law would be a good idea!

Only nice people are allowed to join high school cheer squads!

Any high school cheer squad with a squad of mean snobby girls must have its squad replaced with the nicest girls at their school!

If I ran a high school anyone who wears the uniform of my high school must be nice!

How would you feel if high school cheerleading became about representing your high school rather than beauty or athletics?

Registered
I've found that popular, preppy, cheerleader types are really nice... to the people in their social group. Just like everyone else at that age. Hell, I heard just at much trash talk from my nerdy/emo friends as I did from the popular girls, if not more. They called girls sluts for wearing makeup. They talked about wanting to punch someone over liking the same guy, wearing the same accessory, etc. The honors' kids, the stoners, the drama geeks... they all thought they were better than everyone else, in their own way.

Plus, how do you rate niceness? If it's through a student survey, people would just vote for their friends and the most popular people would be chosen. Ironically, my high school had a few programs that were about kindness, peace, friendship, etc. and that is *exactly* what happened with those.

Registered
Cheerleading is very Pass茅

Dance Teams are where it's at. Just thought I would update you. Most cheer squads are for the everyone gets a participation badge shit, you get a car, you get a car. Dance teams at least in our region are the actual athletic girls who have trained in dance or gymnastics.

So yeah if someone is trying to be socially successful and get a right of passage if they are using cheerleading to get there odds are it's a fail anyways. Like I said cheerleading in my area is the everyone gets to join team. You have to actually be in fucked up time loop stuck before 2000 to be trying to be a cheerleader for status.

Glad I could help.

Reality is a bitch sometimes!

I would bet plenty of nice girls completely out of touch with the fact they are committing social suicide are cheerleaders.

Registered
I just want to point out that "nice" is a subjective term鈥攈ow nice someone is depends on who you ask.

And have you seen fake people? They'll act all nice, when they're really snobbish on the inside (think Regina George's compliments in Mean Girls). You can't say only nice people can join. You should just foster kind behavior and promote non-cliqueish behavior. But that shouldn't be on a national level imho鈥攊t needs to start with individuals.

Also, what the heck is this supposed to mean?!

Oink oink oink!
That is extremely insensitive and in poor taste sir. Shame on you! (I'm dead serious btw. Not cool, and not funny鈥攁t least not here).

MOTM Sept 2014
Americans are weird. Most schools here don't even have cheerleaders and I seem to remember the cheerleading team at my school being pretty bottom of the barrel, socially. They wore their uniforms in the hallway once and got bullied. Poor cheerleaders. They just wanted to dance, or something. I never actually saw what they were supposed to do. I assumed it was dancing.

Banned
Americans are weird. Most schools here don't even have cheerleaders and I seem to remember the cheerleading team at my school being pretty bottom of the barrel, socially. They wore their uniforms in the hallway once and got bullied. Poor cheerleaders. They just wanted to dance, or something. I never actually saw what they were supposed to do. I assumed it was dancing.
Basically dancing, yes. But in the US it's a whole sports:

(No refunds on those 4:44 minutes)

Registered

Banned
Cheerleading is very Pass茅

Dance Teams are where it's at. Just thought I would update you. Most cheer squads are for the everyone gets a participation badge shit, you get a car, you get a car. Dance teams at least in our region are the actual athletic girls who have trained in dance or gymnastics.

So yeah if someone is trying to be socially successful and get a right of passage if they are using cheerleading to get there odds are it's a fail anyways. Like I said cheerleading in my area is the everyone gets to join team. You have to actually be in fucked up time loop stuck before 2000 to be trying to be a cheerleader for status.

Glad I could help.

Reality is a bitch sometimes!

I would bet plenty of nice girls completely out of touch with the fact they are committing social suicide are cheerleaders.
I believe you because you have teenagers, but damn, HS hierarchies changed that much?

Registered
I believe you because you have teenagers, but damn, HS hierarchies changed that much?
My eldest daughter was a cheerleader for a Halloween Party just the other day, because it's so... 'Vintage/Retro'. "Omg I'm so, Bring it On" (hysterical laughs followed). Judging off how much of a laugh she got off it, yeah :laughing:

Teenagers right now are being raised by hipster intuitive/intellectuals generation X & Millenial (don't mean it in the mbti sense), anyways the movie remake, 21 Jump Street does a pretty good character depiction of gen Z and political correctness compared to gen Y and the contrast.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts