Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical sob-story, he was perfect, I was far from good enough. Big freaking whoop. Lesson learned. :frustrating: So how do I get over it?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Firstly realize how great you are, and focus on your qualities, because yours are the ones you have to live with. Secondly, gather all of what you learned about yourself, and about him, from being with him. Perhaps you'll find someone even better more suited to you! This keeps also a record, and 'memory' of your experience, and you'll be better able to tuck it away. Remember your experience positively. Thirdly, try to keep in touch with nice friends and family, and find a new love interest. Treat yourself and increase interest activities. This is a pretty simple response. Perhaps add some more details if you wish for more detailed advice!

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Sometimes as women, we don't feel good enough. But stopping the voice of judgment is a good start also. Even if he wasn't the right person for you, it doesn't mean that you are any less of a great person. I know this may not be easy to hear right now, but I think this is true. I go through this also, always trying to find 'what was wrong' with me, that I couldn't keep someone close to me. Perhaps it could just be that he wasn't my destiny.

·
Banned
352 Posts
Typical sob-story, he was perfect, I was far from good enough. Big freaking whoop. Lesson learned. :frustrating: So how do I get over it?
Get over the idea that you aren't good enough!

Worry about the rest later, if at all, as you may find you don't need to.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hardly anyone meets someone perfect for them on the first, or even tenth try. Pursue your hobbies, or find new ones. The open your eyes to those around you that you have something in common with. Even guys you may not have considered before.
Having mutual interests and common values is a good start to any relationship.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
^^ Good advice, all of it. Recognize that you are good enough. You are a valuable and lovable person. After that, it just takes time. Surround yourself with people who support you and believe in your worth. Lock away any trinkets or keepsakes you have from the relationship. Don't dwell on what you did wrong or could have done differently. Immerse yourself in fun and nurturing activities. The pain does get duller.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. :) This site is nice and encouraging. :D My friends lately have not quite understood my perspective on things, (I'm an ENFP, they're TJ's, they rock, but they are admittedly having trouble getting it, bahaha.) It's nice to hear from new people. So thanks!

Another thing is that when someone is better than just looks and charm...it's much harder to get over them. *Sigh* But I am feeling more...worthy of love now, at least. :)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I got out of a relationship about 2 months ago. What helped for me was being around family, taking a vacation, and finding someone else to talk to. Nothing really helps...except time, unfortunately.

Not very many people recommend it, but I think that finding a temporary person to rebound with is a great way to take your mind off of your ex.

The problem is, you still have mental and emotional attachments with your ex. The goal is to detach yourself from him. Finding someone else who cares about you and will treat you better. Dating doesn't have to be a chore. Try to have fun.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Not very many people recommend it, but I think that finding a temporary person to rebound with is a great way to take your mind off of your ex.

The problem is, you still have mental and emotional attachments with your ex. The goal is to detach yourself from him. Finding someone else who cares about you and will treat you better. Dating doesn't have to be a chore. Try to have fun.
This actually has helped me, especially the treating me better part. Certainly makes it easier to believe that I am worthwhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts