Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided I wanted to understand the different fuctions better (Fe/Fi Se/Si etc). I found this really fun youtube channel called DaveSuperPowers, and he breaks down the different functions in a way I could understand and found interesting. However recently, I found out that some of his views on the matter are not conventional.

So I'm curious, if you have watched his vids, what do you think of them? Are the earlier ones accurate/any of them accurate? Should I throw away everything I learned and start over? Do you think he's tapped into something new about the stacks?

So I decided I wanted to understand the different fuctions better (Fe/Fi Se/Si etc). I found this really fun youtube channel called DaveSuperPowers, and he breaks down the different functions in a way I could understand and found interesting. However recently, I found out that some of his views on the matter are not conventional.

So I'm curious, if you have watched his vids, what do you think of them?
1) Are the earlier ones accurate but not later ones?
2) Are any of them accurate?
3)Should I throw away everything I learned and start over?
4)Do you think he's tapped into something new about stacks?

I wanted to add a poll but I'm not sure how. https://www.youtube.com/user/DaveSuperPowers/about

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm somewhat critical of Dave, because he has a tendency of explaining certain traits in a cognitive function that could best be explained with other concepts, therefore redefines the original theory rather than adding a better explanation. A lot of these Youtube MBTI channels are trying to create their own systems to monopolize off of the foundation of the original theory, and none of them really seem to a good job of adding anything onto the model.

He's hell of a lot better than C.S. Joseph. That ESTJ self-typed as an ENTP is really doing a number to the theory.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Sev88 I watched a few of C. S. Joseph, and I really didn't like him. He basically said ESFJ's have absolutely no ability to make decisions for themselves and you should never ask them what they want to do. He was extremely negative about the type, and really kind of rude.

Like no, I do have an opinion. I can do what the other person wants, but if they never ever ask me what I want, at some point I'm going to get pretty annoyed.

His views seemed very black and white, and rigid.

Edit: I just realized I posted this thread twice. That was not my intention! I would prefer to use the other thread, as in this one the original post came out strangely.

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,914 Posts
I don't like his channel, too much provocative and opinionated content. Doesn't look like actually decent channel to me. As a rule pretty much every video made about MBTI/Jungian functions tends to suck. It's best to just read stuff about typologies. Even then it's like only 2% of all content is actually readable and only a fraction of percent is actually good.

@Sophi don't get too worked up about CS Joseph, his channel and content is really trashy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts