Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ESFJs, a curious INTP here just wondering how you guys perceive the opposite type. Mostly curious if you feel that someone with this type is one that you find yourself getting along with or not, despite being the polar opposite of you.

Any additional insights?

Comment below!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not an ESFJ, but my friend is one.
Our functions (ESFJ-ENTJ) are completely different, and we are nearly opposites in how we live our lives. No common interests, but kind of similar beliefs of human society.

We get along most of the time because we're relatively ~*mature*~ individuals. If we use our aux, tert, and inf with a low functioning dominant function; things are good. If we discard manners, and fully dive into our dominant functions (her Fe, my Te)--things go downhill really fast.

Based on the interaction with my ESFJ friend, she is amicable around her opposites (other people, including myself)...as long as it doesn't interfere with her Fe.

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
I only know one INTP irl, and we are friends. They have said they can't take me seriously, as have other INTPs online. It hurts but I don't know how I could possibly regain their trust.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I find conversations with mature INTPs to be enlightening. I really admire how much detailed research goes into supporting an INTP's beliefs (the definition of logic, right?) and it's refreshing to find someone who has so much to teach me. That said, it can often be confusing for me to understand an INTP since they like giving abstract, hypothetical scenarios to illustrate a point. I have to remind them to give me anecdotes and other concrete metaphors to help me relate to the scenario and better understand their perspective. You'll find that ESFJs are pretty curious people -- we like figuring out how people work, and it's thrilling to find a mind that thinks so completely different from ours.

I absolutely think that ESFJs and INTPs can get along, as long as they are each aware of their own strengths and weaknesses. If an INTP doesn't get frustrated easily and is willing to answer questions that ESFJs have, ESFJs can hold their own side in a debate. If an ESFJ is able to accept people deviating from social norms and is willing to explore the reasons behind it, INTPs will find that ESFJs become their staunch supporters since everyone has a right to express their own opinions and feelings without judgement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts