Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to offend anyone here. But honestly, I don't think I much care for ENTPs --obviously this is not a blanket statement, I'm sure there are awesome ENTPs out there. But ENTJs seem to be my best fit and what's funniest of all is that ENTJ's rely completely on my shadow functions. I tend to really enjoy ENTJs glibness, intolerance of ineptitude, and efficiency. While I find ENTPs to be immature and arrogant. I suppose maybe there's some resentment there because it seems like whenever someone gets off their ass and invents something it means they're ENTP; I just can't see Tesla as ENTP. I think Tesla vs Edison was a prime example of INTP vs ENTP; NOT, ENTP vs ENTP. Edison was a real jerk, and Tesla was completely insane, lived in his own world, and was asexual. So they defiantly met the ENTP and INTP stereotypes, as I am doing now with this horrendously overwrought digression.

Does anyone else dislike they're cousin, ie, their introverted or extroverted counterparts who share their same toolbox (cognitive functions) but just prefer different tools? I remember I saw a shocking number of INTJs who disliked ENTJs in another thread. Thoughts? Or am I just a dick? (I'm leanin' towards dick)

If all else fails I suppose we can just turn this into a giant flame war using the most incendiary stereotypes we can muster against one another. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I get along really well with my shadow type, INTJ. I think its really the only other NT I get along with fairly well and connect to besides another ENTP. INTP's are ok, can't really say anything bad about them. The one ENTJ I've met...He's good at what he does, which is leadership, but as friends, we never did hit it off. Might have just been him.

But do be careful relying on stereotypes so much. I don't think being a jerk confirms an inventor as an ENTP. I've met quite a few snobby INTP's myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
INTJs and ISFPs por moi.
I suppose INFJ could work. They sound marvelous on paper. ISTP seems like would be a stable relationship of tinkering with things and ideas and slowly losing funds in the process.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
I have no complaints on ENFJs, honestly. Of the ENFJs I know, they're very cheery, upbeat, and engaged when doing just about anything. This can be good for me because I do tend to feel somewhat indifferent to most situations, where I won't lean too much on either one side of scale as interested or disinterested. Even if I am very interested in something, getting that to come across to other people can be challenge because of my reserved nature. But I find ENFJs bring out the excitement not only in me but in others to glorify whatever is currently happening. The ones I know are full of smiles, optimists, genuine vibes, and other things which make them nice to be around. I don't mind their extroversion much because I don't see the ENFJs I know much on a daily basis. However, if I was seeing them everyday, then I would more likely feel drained. Then again, this depends on how much common ground I feel with them. Usually the more I feel the ENFJs in my life understand me and show interest in like-minded topics, the less I feel drained.

·
Registered
836 Posts
so a few thoughts:
1) each person is different. not all ENTPs are the same. not all INFJs are the same.
2) there is no reason why you have to like everyone you meet. some people suck regardless of type.
3) to answer your question - i like our enfj cousins. but they are easy to like usually.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
The only INTJ I know is my sister, and I do very much enjoy her company.
I've never met an INTP...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I get along really well with my shadow type, INTJ. I think its really the only other NT I get along with fairly well and connect to besides another ENTP. INTP's are ok, can't really say anything bad about them. The one ENTJ I've met...He's good at what he does, which is leadership, but as friends, we never did hit it off. Might have just been him.

But do be careful relying on stereotypes so much. I don't think being a jerk confirms an inventor as an ENTP. I've met quite a few snobby INTP's myself.
I know, I was reticent to start this thread for those reasons. I was pooling from the stereotype that ENTPs like to shake things up a bit because they love debate so much that to some it comes across as conflict for conflict's sake, which I've been guilty of more than a few times in my life, even had to appear in front of a few judges. I probably should've focused on the positives of the shadow type more. I definitely had a specific ENTP in my mind when I made this thread, one I have a bad history with. So if my ire towards him has rendered me short-sighted I offer my humblest apologies.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I can't seem to be able to recall having the knowledge of knowing of any ENTJ-typed people that I know in person. But online, I have met a few. We never had a strong friendship, but they were there.

I tend to get along mostly with other INTJs, ENTPs, and the occasional INTP.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I find ENTP's annoying. Good fun, but ultimately annoying. You should see me with my true opposites, ESFJ's...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts