Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oprah might be INTJ, so can someone verify? Thank you.

Here is an interesting video, because the interviewer appears to be INTJ as well:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Oh no. Oprah is an ENFJ. Very, very clear Fe dom, and I definitely see the Ni as well. She's like the ultimate feelings engineer - just look at her fanbase - there's a reason that ENFJs are stereotyped as cult leaders - she isn't, but it's believable that the speculation comes up at times. She really knows how to connect with her fanbase.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no. Oprah is an ENFJ. Very, very clear Fe dom, and I definitely see the Ni as well. She's like the ultimate feelings engineer - just look at her fanbase - there's a reason that ENFJs are stereotyped as cult leaders - she isn't, but it's believable that the speculation comes up at times. She really knows how to connect with her fanbase.
Never heard of ENFJs stereotyped as cult leaders, though many cult leaders appear to be INTP.

ENFJ examples include Martin Luther King, Gloria Foster, and Laurence Fishburne.

Gloria Foster:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Oh yeah, that's a pretty popular ENFJ stereotype, due to their Fe-Ni-Se magnetism. Oprah, INTJ! That's so funny! Her feelings are out for the world to see, on national TV, and she's an INTJ!? Well, that made my day, haha! She's like the kind of person that would let the universe know her values if given the chance!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, that's a pretty popular ENFJ stereotype, due to their Fe-Ni-Se magnetism. Oprah, INTJ! That's so funny! Her feelings are out for the world to see, on national TV, and she's an INTJ!? Well, that made my day, haha! She's like the kind of person that would let the universe know her values if given the chance!
It appears INTJ make popular talk show hosts, as in the case of Ellen DeGeneres:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Sure, that might be true (about INTJ talk show hosts - after all, Chevy Chase is an INTJ comedian who hosted a failed talk show briefly at one point), but Oprah, nor Ellen DeGeneres exhibit INTJ symptoms, especially Oprah. Most people seem to think that Ellen is an ENFP - I'm inclined to agree - she sort of marches to the rhythm of her own drum, so to speak, in the F department I gather.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, that might be true, but Oprah, nor Ellen DeGeneres exhibit INTJ symptoms, especially Oprah. Most people seem to think that Ellen is an ENFP - I'm inclined to agree - she sort of marches to the rhythm of her own drum, so to speak, in the F department I gather.
People seem to have the misconception that talk show hosts must have the feeling function, which makes sense, though it masks reality. Do you observe greater similarities in speaking styles between Oprah and Ellen, or Oprah and Gloria?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Wait...how can you possibly know their "real" personalities outside of what you see on TV? Are you psychic? Have you met them? And who's Gloria?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait...how can you possibly know their "real" personalities outside of what you see on TV? Are you psychic? Have you met them? And who's Gloria?
People cannot change personality types, even on screen.

Was referring to Gloria Foster.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
What is particularly "T" about Ellen or Oprah? They're both way too comfortable getting emotionally personal than the average T would be, in my estimation.

Reactions: paper lilies

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do people come up with this stuff?
First Marilyn Monroe as an INTJ or INFJ? When she's a blatant ISFP.
Now Oprah Winfrey an INTJ? What? Oprah is an obvious typing of ENFJ.
Marilyn Monroe was INFP. People seem to stereotype sensual individuals as having the sensing function. Also, Oprah Winfrey was typed as INFJ on a few websites, so it is not far off to suggest Oprah is INTJ.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Probably because most sensual individuals have the sensing function as a high preference.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably because most sensual individuals have the sensing function as a high preference.
Not true, because Madonna is ENTP, yet people mistype her as ESTP.

I am so not even arguing why she's not an INFP anymore. It's like beating a dead horse.
Refer to http://personalitycafe.com/general-psychology/93401-marilyn-monroe.html if you want to be proven utterly wrong.
Which ISFP reminds you of Marilyn Monroe? Is there any ISFP that acts or talks like Marilyn Monroe?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do two people of one type have to equal one another? No. So, your question is invalid.
Equal as in liking the same food, listening to the same songs, have the same weight, age and height? Of course not, so how is the question invalid? To be more specific, do you know any people that talk in a similar manner to Marilyn Monroe, as how Oprah has a more similar speaking style as Ellen than someone like Gloria Foster?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Equal as in liking the same food, listening to the same songs, have the same weight, age and height? Of course not, so how is the question invalid? To be more specific, do you know any people that talk in a similar manner to Marilyn Monroe, as how Oprah has a similar speaking style as Ellen?
Why does it matter? None of what you just asked has anything to do with how we process information.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why does it matter? None of what you just asked has anything to do with how we process information.
Do you believe that two people of the same personality, like that between INTJ and another INTJ, would have more similar speaking style than that between people of different personalities, like INTJ and ENFJ?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts