Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the concept of designing a life for yourself that flows in all the directions that are most appealing to you interest you?

Is this something you think about?

Reactions: theorycraft

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
My question is how do you optimize something when there are so many variables involved its almost impossible. I can't imagine how I would even start the process of optimizing life when a lot of it has to do with chance (like your ethnicity and social class). I don't want to think about it.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Does the concept of designing a life for yourself that flows in all the directions that are most appealing to you interest you?

It's pretty awesome to be able to optimize the things that are most important to you- to apply yourself to divying out the best ways of living within a situation.

But I think life changes too much, and really, I change way too much, to have a consistent preference regarding the optimization of some element.

It depends on what it is though, if it's something that's relatively basic and I can optimize it in a catch-all way, it will likely stay that way until it needs to be improved.

All this assuming I can bring myself to pay attention to it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Perhaps in terms of what metaphors I use to describe the world, then these metaphors, in some unforeseen manner, effect my actions and what I value¿. My life is quite undesigned; I sort of picked a direction and started selecting opportunities that fit that motion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Perhaps in very general or unimportant ways, but no way in hell am I confining myself to a specific design when finding the right design is supposed to take a lifetime. I'm quite happy diving into life nearly-blind. That's the whole fun of it.

Reactions: Ista

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perhaps in terms of what metaphors I use to describe the world, then these metaphors, in some unforeseen manner, effect my actions and what I value¿. My life is quite undesigned; I sort of picked a direction and started selecting opportunities that fit that motion.
I like that.

Reactions: CaptainWayward

·
Registered
10 Posts

Is there an example you could give? This seems intriguing but I don't think I quite fully understand.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts