Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which way of life and philosophy would be better for an INFP's wellbeing or best for INFPs? Both as a philosophy/way of life and the basis for a political "system"(way)?

The way of Orderliness with some security and being based on always "what's practical" but the main flaws being rigid conformity without respect for people who are different and inflexibility?

While the Chaotic way of life which is highly non-conformist, about abolition of tradition with lots of freedom and being out of the box being highly valued but flaws are said to be lack of security? The Chaotic way of life is said to be about being not satisfied with something if it's not ideal/good enough and always eventually trying to scrap it for something more better/ideal.

With the first option of living in a system and way of life based on order. The main benefits for INFPs is that we can get lots of security and it could give us a fairly stable life. However we may not be able to do well if we are different/out of the box in it, as the main flaw is that it doesn't respect differences and it could be bad for those who are more out of the box as it favours more in-the-box ways of doing things. Might be good for the less resilient ones except what if they want their differences to be respected and don't like rigidness at the same time?

With the second option we could get lots of freedom and it will cherish us normally being very out of the box and not being very rigid in doing things. However, for the more sensitive ones who are less able to help themselves the flaw in this could be lack of security. If something bad all of a sudden happens it will happen unless you have some people you cooperate with to rely on. May be better for more resilient ones?

Would it vary on if you were a Turbulent or Assertive variant? Your enneagram?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm very turbulent and I'm a 4w5, so yeah... I like chaos. It just feels like... reality in its rawest and most pure form.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Order and chaos aren't opposites - at least, not polar opposites. I, myself, am the spokesperson of the "organized mess", as some like to call it - I like to keep my rich inner world in balance while simultaneously living like a spontaneous free spirit.

5,146 Posts
Balance. Security of order and freedom of chaos. I think that going too far to order kills security with its numerous threats and too far into chaos kills freedom with constant horror.

Diplomat 43% Turbulent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts