Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first thread aside from my introduction so sorry if the language is a little different or whatever><
I'm currently a student doing Literature and Computing Science but when it comes to coding and all the other little bits and pieces I can't seem to do it right at all. I have recently noticed that it seems normal for an ISFP to struggle with procrastination and just general stress but I'm having difficulty organizing myself to do this properly.
I'm learning 'BASIC' and I'm literally the slowest in my class for this. I don't have long for the deadline and I'm unable to talk to a teacher because we're now on Easter break.
I was just wondering if you had any ideas on how to organize my brain to go through it methodically. I seem to be trying to do everything at once and as much as I try to prioritize, it really isn't working :/
I'm mostly afraid of failing this part of my study as firstly if I don't get at least a D I won't be able to get Welsh Bacc, which makes it easier to go to uni, and second, I obviously won't be going to uni this year >< not having welsh bacc would mean I have to spend another 2 years on a subject because I KNOW I wont be doing computing science again (this is really no offence to those who enjoy it either, I'm just really bad at it I've read that a lot of you are amazingly whizzy at things like this and what you can do is awesome!)
I think I'm just afraid of failing and letting everyone including myself down due to lack of organization total unconventionality and difficulty with code. I really want to go into animation as it's something I've always wanted to do- but even that doesn't help at all, it just causes more stress aha

I'm sorry that this is really rambly, and I do appreciate that you took the time to read this. <3 I'm just a little stressed out and am probably the definition of an unhealthy ISFP right now~

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oh god BASIC, not really the nicest introduction to programming I would say. Can I ask what is it you're supposed to do, to get some idea of the project?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh god BASIC, not really the nicest introduction to programming I would say. Can I ask what is it you're supposed to do, to get some idea of the project?
Sorry for the late reply, it's basically making a kennel system and I have everything planned out and a few coding basics, linking them to an SQL database which I've already done on Access. I just can't seem to get the jist of it if that makes sense =.='
I think the worst part is when everything goes smoothly then for some reason it messes up. I can't seem to identify WHY its messed up- even though Visual Basic tries to let you know the problem with solutions. It usually comes up with 'create a stub' which does... to be totally honest f-all haha

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sleep Early wake up early . that should be your number one goal if you are a struggling student .

Reactions: Manathas

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Database designed already, that's half the work. Sounds rather easy, I think you can do it.

Sorry about posting it on here but I don't seem to have enough posts down to send PM's yet =.='
Hey so sorry for the late reply yet again I've been super busy. Yeah I have a full database down of Userinfo, doginfo, customer basic data such as addresses and whos linked to what dog. I've got the basics down of the design and whatnot it's really just making sense of the code and trying to find out why it underlines things without giving me the help that it should.
It's really just my lack of understanding of Basic I think; along with my general stress level's and prioritising code pieces. It's okay honestly I'd be totally wasting your time ^^' I really do appreciate the help, though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts