Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread’s purpose is not to discuss about the main character’s type. Wanna do that, go to the other thread I just started: http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/503882-dr-house-definition-intj.html (hint: he’s an INTJ, idiots).

I would like to talk now about the other few forgotten supporting characters of the show. I think they’re all quite interesting too.

The ones I’m sure of:

Wilson – INFJ
Cuddy – ENTJ
Foreman – INTJ
Chase – ISTP

My guesses about the others:

Cameron – ESFJ
Amber - ESTJ
Taub – INTJ
Thirteen – INFP
Kutner – INFJ

The three of the new team are really hard to type... Maybe Kutner is an INTP with good Fe.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would have to watch again but Wilson has to be a Fe user that's one I'm certain of.

Cameron-on one hand she doesn't change her mind for other but she does have that bossy ESFJ persona.Maybe inferior ti.

Thirteen ISFP?

Foreman -ISTJ

Kutner INTP

Chase ISTP ?

Taub ESTJ

Park ISTP

Adams ESFJ?

Cuddy?

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Sorry but House is an INTP. His perceiverish antics are half the show. And the other half is his inferior Fe. That's the thing about him and Foreman sometimes being compared. Foreman really is an INTJ, and would never truly be like House.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sorry but House is an INTP. His perceiverish antics are half the show. And the other half is his inferior Fe. That's the thing about him and Foreman sometimes being compared. Foreman really is an INTJ, and would never truly be like House.

I tend to agree. He's not attached to any particular idea and doesn't really car where they come from. His thinking seems to be ti, he doesn't care about social protocol.

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
Not really sure on House's type, I sometimes get confused with Ti/Ne and Ni/Te, but leaning towards INTP to be honest.
My memory is a bit vague but in my opinion I think the other characters could be;

Wilson - IxFJ
Kuddy - ENTJ

Cameron - ESFJ
Chase - ISTP
Foreman - INTJ.

Kutner ...?
Taub - ISTJ?
Thirteen - ISFP.
Amber - ESTJ.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I can see thinking he could have Ni with the ah ha moments and Se with his acute observations. I'm not that sure I see the Te with him. I did see him typed as an ISTP once or twice.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please, move House's discussion to the other thread. There are pages of arguments there.

And I'd like to see reasons for your typings of the other characters. When everyone states with no evidence "Character 1 - xxxx, Character 2 - xyyx" the discussion doesn't really go anywhere. I did that myself at first, but expecting people to come and agree/disagree with me.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wilson is an SFJ of some kind. Cuddy is probably an ESTJ -- I'm pretty sure the core "three" are probably all Ne users of some sort which is why they allow House so much leeway in his diagnosis and don't force him to hone in on one answer. Their mantra is "he will eventually get it." Cuddy, Amber and Foreman are the Te users on the show -- the policers of House who need to impose order on him and make him act like a normal human being with laws, rules and codes. Wilson is the enabler. Foreman is an ETJ also which is why Cuddy uses him to police house on occasion, he's probably an ENTJ vs. Cuddy's ESTJ. Amber's probably an ESTJ too.

Chase is the ESTP, House is always right, wants to become House, everything he does is to move closer to this inner ideal of him being House-like, wants to emulate him but focuses on one answer, not multiple ones like House does. Chase uses Ni, House is the Ne user.

Cameron is feeling dominant, not quite so sure about Fe though, she has principals and cares about others but she has no issues or qualms with keeping Chase at a distance. Which makes me think her feelings are hers, and doesn't care about needing to share them with others. Makes me think IFP. Very similar to 13's intense need for privacy, my feelings, my secrets, my space, mine, mine, mine. Cameron might be an INFP there are Si indicators with her first husband, 13 is most likely an ISFP.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wilson is an SFJ of some kind. Cuddy is probably an ESTJ -- I'm pretty sure the core "three" are probably all Ne users of some sort which is why they allow House so much leeway in his diagnosis and don't force him to hone in on one answer. Their mantra is "he will eventually get it." Cuddy, Amber and Foreman are the Te users on the show -- the policers of House who need to impose order on him and make him act like a normal human being with laws, rules and codes. Wilson is the enabler. Foreman is an ETJ also which is why Cuddy uses him to police house on occasion, he's probably an ENTJ vs. Cuddy's ESTJ. Amber's probably an ESTJ too.

Chase is the ESTP, House is always right, wants to become House, everything he does is to move closer to this inner ideal of him being House-like, wants to emulate him but focuses on one answer, not multiple ones like House does. Chase uses Ni, House is the Ne user.

Cameron is feeling dominant, not quite so sure about Fe or though, she has principals and cares about others but she has no issues or qualms with keeping Chase at a distance. Which makes me think her feelings are hers, and doesn't care about needing to share them with others. Makes me think IFP. Very similar to 13's intense need for privacy, my feelings, my secrets, my space, mine, mine, mine. Cameron might be an INFP there are Si indicators with her first husband, 13 is most likely an ISFP.
It's been ages since I have watched the episodes when Cameron was a central character.I can picture her being forceful with her opinions and sometimes quite harsh with patients she didn't like or approve of.She can be pushy with her opinions but I agree she's not one to share .She's a giver but not one to share.I need to watch her episodes again. It's easier with Thirteen's need for privacy.She not as overbearing as Cameron could be.I agree Cameron has Si she doesn't forget the past and it colors her present and future.

Cuddy- TJ -career focused. Not much gets in her way there. She's results oriented.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wilson is an INFJ. He is the character that the writers use to explain to the viewer what House is thinking and feeling. He's his conscience and he definitely has the "seeing through your soul" NFJ thing.

Cuddy's Te dominance is spot on, nothing to say about it, but I think she's an ENTJ and not an Si user.

When House is about to break some rule, she's more like forming her own impression (Ni) and telling if it's worth or not rather than promptly imposing obedience like an ESTJ probably would.

Same goes for Wilson. I have a hard time believing Cuddy and Wilson would put up with House's craps for so long if they were SJs.

And how is Foreman an extravert? INTJ.

Too calm, collected and aloof to not be an introvert. If you agree he makes noticeable use of Ni, then you're saying yourself how ISTP is more likely for him.

Cameron is feeling dominant, not quite so sure about Fe though, she has principals and cares about others but she has no issues or qualms with keeping Chase at a distance. Which makes me think her feelings are hers, and doesn't care about needing to share them with others. Makes me think IFP. Very similar to 13's intense need for privacy, my feelings, my secrets, my space, mine, mine, mine. Cameron might be an INFP there are Si indicators with her first husband, 13 is most likely an ISFP.
Cameron is definitely a F-dom who uses Si. My first thought was ESFJ because she really cares about others, but INFP seems to fit better. She seems too authentic to be an ESFJ (yes).

I agree about Thirteen being an ISFP too. I definitely got a Fi/Ni vibe from her because of some things she said. She's a constant self-analyzer, which made me think INTJ at first, but ISFPs have these two functions not repressed too and her Fi seems to be much more predominant.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Wilson is an INFJ. He is the character that the writers use to explain to the viewer what House is thinking and feeling. He's his conscience and he definitely has the "seeing through your soul" NFJ thing.
What you just described is just general intuition, seeing things that aren't right in front of you. Nothing about this specifies Ni specifically, let alone Ni dominance. Wilson has gotten into the habit of protecting house and enabling his drug addiction, and is consistently baffled by Houses's actions and general behavior. Which means he can't predict House's actions, motivations or actions. Not very Ni'ish of him. He helps House because he has gotten into the routine of helping house. Those are Si tendencies. He doesn't know how to define himself away from house and settles into habits and routines based on his association with House, those are Fe and Si preferences. He has a very difficult time enacting change and dealing with things that are unanticipated (low Ne). I don't see any Se indications in Wilson at all, either. He's all about status quo, routine, and doing the same thing even if it's not working particularly well for him -- even in his love life, doesn't problem solve well as House tells him time and time again (low Ti indications). Cares about his patients and is all about getting them the best possible care. Some variation of SFJ.

When House is about to break some rule, she's more like forming her own impression (Ni) and telling if it's worth or not rather than promptly imposing obedience like an ESTJ probably would.
Cuddy cares about the current standards and protocols of hospital administration and uses them as her lifeline to project her job and is predictably angry when House doesn't uphold them (Si markers). She hates it when House deviates from what is known and routine. She lets House get away with things because he's often right (Te), but is always predictably upset with him because what he does is unprecedented and outside the customary lines as understood by the medical community. He doesn't stay in the box of what is proper and customary to many (Si and Te). All of these things are Si indications. The words that come out of her mouth are always some variation of "you can't do that (because it's never been done before)."

And how is Foreman an extravert? INTJ.
Where is Ni dominance in Foreman? Foreman is all about rules, codes, laws and doing what works and achieving his goals in order to get ahead -- Te.

Too calm, collected and aloof to not be an introvert. If you agree he makes noticeable use of Ni, then you're saying yourself how ISTP is more likely for him.
Stereotypes. Where is Ti dominance in Chase? I see a better case for Se dominance -- zealous, notices small minute details, impulsive, concerns himself with the present moment only doesn't care about the later impacts of his decisions. Look no further than his one night stand with Cameron and him yelling at House where he gets fired at the end of the third season. He has access to tert. Fe with his patients, people generally like him, expresses his feelings readily, has a monolithic need to be just like House when he grows up that defines his entire career path (Ni). I see a better case for inferior Ni, than dominant Ti. I still think he makes more sense as an ESTP.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wilson always defines himself through others. Primarily House but though is ex's as well.House even made the comment about who is the true Wilson or is there a true Wilson he takes on what is around him. Wilson can defend House to others better than House would defend himself but one on one he's often wrong about House for better or worse. I'm think XSFJ .But what would be is inferior function Ti or Ne?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts