Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a fun discussion,

It's extremely boring to talk about the mainstream professions "fit for society": entrepreneurs, lawyers, scientists, product seller, and whatever you have it. The prize for any profession would be the result, money, sex, or anything that person values.

How about some less "praised, accepted, and mainstream" but "truly fit for the ENTP's" skill-set professions?

***NOTE: This thread is no way endorsing or encouraging practices that may or may not be illegal depending on your location/country but rather as a DISCUSSION regarding to the effectiveness of an ENTP in the theoretical profession."***

Gambler
Prostitute
Spy
Druggy
Trickster
Hit-man

This is not a thread to discuss morals, law, integrity, or legality of the profession so please leave them out of this discussion.

The skill-set required would already be something an ENTP has already developed,

Ne creates diversions and scenarios.
Ti exploits weakness.
Fe says things to what people want to hear; praise.
Si to self-improve Ne, Ti, and Fe and other useful shadow functions (Ni, Te, Fi, Se)

If you can think of any "other" theoretical professions please contribute.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start...
Gambler: He may search for a desperate, weak, and frustrated player to increase winning chances but can also participate in player group. The gambler must also know the rules of the game because if the game is played against the house, then there is no use in taking the money from the player. A good game would be any Poker related game.

Tactics – Plan and Trick; Maintain Unpredictability
Skill Usage - Ti > Ne + Fe > Si

Prostitute: Due to the nature of not being to pick customers you must satisfy the customers’ needs sexually, physically, and emotionally. If you’re reputed then you can definitely pick which customers to satisfy.

Tactics – Entertain with diversion and praise
Skill Usage – Fe + Ne > Ti > Si;

Spy: Considering the dangers of this job, you must be quick thinking because the next step may lead you to the gift of death, bestowed by your employer or enemy. You must constantly know what task is at hand, how to complete the task, and minimize danger.

Tactics – Plan and Exploit
Skill Usage – Ti > Ne > Si + Fe; Se helps

Druggy: Your duties require fulfilling the supply and demands of your local community or city. Sometimes you will face difficulty in finding your source of products. Other times you will face difficulty of getting busted or killed.

Tactics – Maximize Sales, Minimize Danger
Skill Usage – Ne + Ti > Si > Fe

Trickster: Could be related to the trickster subtype. Motive dictates what the trickster does. If money is the key to pleasure, the trickster would try to maximize his money earning potential. This is not a profession per say but… I don’t know? Could be any of the above.

Tactics – Targets Motive and Obtain
Skill Usage – Ne + Ti > Fe > Si

Hit-man: Rent a Killer. Goals are to kill your target using any means then leave the situation safely. After immediate leave of the scene you must minimize any tracking that could be traced back to you. Approach next target.

Tactics – Kill
Skill Usage – Ti > Ne + Fe (for seduction) > Si > Fe (any other feelings)

What I realize so far for myself is that Ne and Fe are important for gauging other people. Ti would plan and execute. Sounds INTP'ish too. Perhaps INTP could be "cold" too! Just sayin'...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anarchist?
Terrorist?
Cult leader? ( although the ENFP might be a little better suited for this)
Smuggler?

I also believe a Trickster is called a Con Artist.

ENTPs would make great criminals... I mean horrible Criminals

·
Registered
479 Posts
After watching White Collar, I am thoroughly convinced that I would be capable and willing to live the Neal Caffery pre-FBI capturing lifestyle. I believe that falls under trickster. Nothing sounds more appealing to me than lifting rare artworks and ancient artifacts. But I probably never will, fun to think about still :crazy:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hmm...this is an interesting game...Perhaps i'll give it a try:

Post-Recession Homeless Guy: These guys know what'll pull your heart strings to get to give you money to them. They rely heavily on using Ne and Fe because they need to gauge other people in their surroundings that potentially have money. They also understand that they have the potential, post-recession, to get money out of more people so they rely primarily on their stories of "fallng on hard times" , which they develop using their extroverted functions along with Ti, to get people to give it to them.
Te may arise under stress and can be used with Si to help them find more efficient ways to beg. They remember the best spots and scenarios that work for them over time.

Tactics: Search & Beg in the most efficient manner possible
Skill Usage: Ne + Fe > Ti > Si; Si + Te helps for some.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I used to be an international assassin, bounty hunter, and a pirate.

Being an assassin was real cool because you can be so creative in accidental deaths/suicides.

Bounty hunting was tough because they knew they were fugitives. I got into it because someone told me this one guy is impossible to track...

Being a pirate got boring real fast. You're stuck on a boat for most of the day with smelly somali's. I bailed at the first sign of a warship.

I'm currently looking into being a mercenary. There's the french foreign legion but it will be cold day in hell before I salute a french officer. There's blackwater, or Xe, but they haven't returned my calls. They've been ignoring me ever since I stole one of their helicopters.

Anyone else got any ideas? I don't want to be stuck in a cubicle wearing a suit and tie.

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
722 Posts
We need to get more people playing this game. It is quite genius!

Head of a MLM (Pyramid) scheme: While appearing to be your traditional businessman the head of a pyramid scheme is not necessarily in it to try to build a strong customer base and instead uses their skills to get money from their employees. They must also be good enough to talk their employees into recruiting others to help their agenda. They appear assertive, sincere, and passionate but it is all an image carefully crafted to deceive those that they brainwash into believing them.

Tactics: To search for employees to take advantage of.
Skill Usage: Ti + Fe> Fe + Ne > Si

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hugh Hefner #2. Or perhaps threaten Hugh Hefner #1 into becoming #2 and us #1.

Become a clean homeless that isn't alergic to deodorant
Become a non-foreign cleaning lady (double out for me :p)
Become a car salesman
Become an Aztec emperor

If that doesn't work, we can always drop out of ENTP college and settle for the plan B of world domination, and then destroy it just to see if those diagrams in Geography class of the magma and the center of the Earth is true. Oh, and also to prove that that journey to the center of the earth book is bullshit.

And, I know it doesn't have anything to do with it, my wishlist:

1. Talk someone into wearing a man-purse in public
2. Dress up like Bruno and go to Afghanistan in Taliban territory
3. It's good to die for my country. (HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's a good one)
4. Turn the medetirrean into a lake with my bare hands (close the gap between Spain and Morocco. Or Algeria? No no Morocco.).
4. Get a workman's harness, tie myself to a tall place and take a shit. Goes along with
5. Pee from the top of the tallest building in Earth that I won't get my Israeli ass shot by going there. (All you ladies, about 4+5, face it. ALL men are like that. I mean A-L-L. EVEN your boyfriend.)

Oh, and I wasn't trying to be funny. I just shot what was on my mind........ In fact, you're really lucky that what I said actually made sense and wasn't just pure bullshit Ne burst. Who needs hookas this is like waaaaay better........................... not that I'm against it, it's just a really shitty high and it's not worth the medical effects. In fact, I only drink. No smoking of anything. Values! See, now I'm talking crap. Wow... Ne burst becoming stronger every second... wow......I should carve a statue like my hand it's pretty. See I'm really tired. OK. Back on track. Didn't have an overflow like that in weeks perhaps months.

---EDIT---

Wow I didn't even see how much crap I talked. And I do this all the time. Also, I swear I didn't do it on purpose.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anarchist?
Terrorist?
Cult leader? ( although the ENFP might be a little better suited for this)
Smuggler?

I also believe a Trickster is called a Con Artist.

ENTPs would make great criminals... I mean horrible Criminals
Yes!!!

Cult Leader: Your ability to act and think quick is suitable for this leadership role. You deeply have plans inside that no other cult member would figure out. If they do, they would either be keeping the secret 6 feet under or become loyal partners. Your plans include attracting more followers in the name of good and lure them to do things for you, namely 10% of their salary, divine coitus, power over their household doings, anything part of their lives. Those that oppose you are excommunicated and then killed "naturally" so nobody suspects any foul play. Ultimately, your cult becomes a mainstream religion where you have a seat beside the ruler or as the ruler.

Tactics - Exploit power over lost souls and expand membership
Skill Usage -

Establishing the Cult: Ti + Ne > Fe > Si
Maintaining the Cult: Ne + Fe > Ti > Si
Expansion: Everything, Ne + Ti + Fe + Si

Smuggler: Like the druggy, your goal is to satisfy the supply and demand for your "products." Of course with some creative ideas, you can get everyone addicted and abuse them. Your typical goals include finding a source of products then distribute them "under the table." Your brain would most likely be used for escaping your immediate threat, multiplying profits, and continuing your business.

Tactics - Satisfy supply and demand
Skill Usage: Ti > Ne + Si > Fe

Although anarchy seems to attract ENTPs, it seems like a hypocrisy because a ENTP has their own moral code, meaning an established order within the individual. I would assume ENTPs have no problems with people abiding to their morals which really translates to, "my way or no way; my order or no order."

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was surfing for ENTP careers and was getting the usual boring lists until I found this list. Here are some that jump out at me:

dictator
international spy
philosopher
fighter pilot
cia agent
assassin

The only problem is most of these jobs end in death.

Hmmm, Dictator, I could do that.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was surfing for ENTP careers and was getting the usual boring lists until I found this list. Here are some that jump out at me:

dictator
international spy
philosopher
fighter pilot
cia agent
assassin

I think ENTPs would be least likely to die in risky situations. Sometimes I feel our personality is built on being risky. If I can truly be myself to all others around me, I'd say whatever the fuck I want and do things the way I want. Unfortunately, this comes out to be "immature" to others. Just sayin'

Seriously though, I've considered a lot of less mainstreamed professions because I feel like I can "by myself" that way. I'd rather live happy than to live in a cubicle. If being an assassin makes me happy, I'm for hire. I've considered spying or being a private investigator but every time I look for how to be one, I hit a dead end. Anyone acquainted with these two fields?

Otherwise...[points to the cubicle]

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
...or being a private investigator but every time I look for how to be one, I hit a dead end...
no idea, but I thought you might like watching this vid
Hope2604 - Steve Rambam Pt 1 – Privacy Is Dead – Get Over It

this guy sounds like an ISTJ investigator of some kind - he is talking about various organizations and companies gathering information about people on the internet - to me that actually sounds more interesting of an occupation than being a private investigator - you can do same thing but on mass scale!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I I've considered spying or being a private investigator but every time I look for how to be one, I hit a dead end.
LOL, do you read what you write. You'd suck at being a PI if you can't even find out how to be one.

Or are you using ENTP wit.........

Reactions: ZeRo

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, do you read what you write. You'd suck at being a PI if you can't even find out how to be one.

Or are you using ENTP wit.........
It's probably the P acting up :). When the times comes...will a ENTJ read this thread? :p

I need monumental pressure right now.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Youtube Celebrity

I actually have a mate who is a minor youtube celebrity - christina rose leon (go buy her jewellary) - and she won a job through it!! But yeah I think most youtube celebs are quite ExNPish!!!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

dictator
international spy
philosopher
fighter pilot
cia agent
assassin

I've considered Dictator before, however I think us ENTPs are clever enough to get the ball rolling and put someone else in the forefront as our scapegoat. We plan out all the possibilities. Well, at least I do sometimes. We'd be the behind-the-scenes, but of course we'd get all the fun w/o all of the blame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts