Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title suggests, my question is about our ability to really connect with people at a deep personal level. I've always had large groups of friends, but I'm wondering if this strength is seen as irritating or just plain weird in some groups. I'm in the 'party scene' in uni, so I try to avoid taking to people as I usually do, as some people don't seem to appreciate being communicated with on a level that goes beyond shallow, but most people seem to love it.

Honestly, I'm not totally sure what I was trying to get at when I wrote this last night, but it seemed awesome so... :p

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying here. I'm also not sure if that's due to your wording or my lack of sleep... or both :O I'll try to contribute something useful though...

I'm a good listener, and I'm generally a respectful person that will listen to what other people have to say. People love to talk, so I let them. Apparently, listening means I become everyone's "buddy" even though I don't necessarily feel that buddy connection with them. There are people that think I'm extremely close to them... and yyyy-no. If I'm not sharing back with you, I'm not feeling the same way generally speaking.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying here. I'm also not sure if that's due to your wording or my lack of sleep... or both :O I'll try to contribute something useful though...

I'm a good listener, and I'm generally a respectful person that will listen to what other people have to say. People love to talk, so I let them. Apparently, listening means I become everyone's "buddy" even though I don't necessarily feel that buddy connection with them. There are people that think I'm extremely close to them... and yyyy-no. If I'm not sharing back with you, I'm not feeling the same way generally speaking.

The strange wording is more to do with the fact so wrote this drunk in the middle of the night I suspect :p I'll try to reword whatever I was trying to say in a bit though.

But yeah, there are definetly people who think I'm closer to them than I actually am :p

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
People have always come to me with their shit, even if they didn't mean to. I've heard a lot of stuff by now. Abusive parents. Broken homes. Rape (a couple of rape victims). Depression. Anxiety. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Anorexia. It was all a bad idea, a really bad idea, to try and take it on. Only in the last year have I come anywhere near being able to handle it (at which point people have stopped coming to me that much for some reason. I expect uni will pick up again, but it really messes up a friendship to be 'on call')

Many ENFPs just want to help and want to understand and people sense that. They are marvellous at understanding situations and understanding the way people's minds work through the Ne-Fi-Te combination. They are not so marvellous at remaining detached enough to offer meaningful advice without getting swept away by it all.

Also, angry ENFPs can say some REALLY cutting things if they let loose. It's the same abilities coming into play again, our method of exploiting our curious and observant nature to work out the essence of someone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts