Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I think we lightly touched on this elsewhere in the forums. A few that I've been known to use:

On giving your best effort: Do or do not, there is no try.

On embracing the "suck it up" mentality: It's mind over matter. I don't mind, so it don't matter.

On the advantages of thinking before speaking: Only a fool speaks every thought that crosses his mind.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
"It is what it is" use this one to stop people from trying to ignore the reality of situations, or to move forward and stop crying about the past.

It's not ISTJish but I thought the quote found in my signature was hilarious “Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study hard. Be evil.”

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ clever and fitting!

..or say nothing at all. one of my tragic flaws, but when i do say something it's only the truth and that sometimes frightens people.

another favourite of mine, however i'm not sure if it rings true for fellow ISTJ's.... face it. always face it. it's the way to get through.

·
Registered
324 Posts
..or say nothing at all. one of my tragic flaws, but when i do say something it's only the truth and that sometimes frightens people.
It is even more frightening to people when it comes from us quiet folk than the wordy one who chat alot but most of the time are saying nothing!

·
Registered
9,482 Posts
The six P's:

Prior Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance
Tell that to my group project members in class. They've basically ganged up and started a very real flame war against me regarding the project. What a nightmare. I'm the bad guy because I had the foresight to get things done when everyone else was sitting on their collective laurels. I could go on chapter and verse, but most of you have had to deal with slackers in group projects before, so you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
125 Posts
As my old geometry teacher used to say :

"SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY"
And I finish it with:

..or say nothing at all.
And if you do say something (mentioned in a previous thread): "I meant what I said and I said what I meant; an [ISTJ]'s faithful, one hundred per cent". Words to live by :tongue:

·
Registered
295 Posts
I just love this one:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me either, just leave me alone."

Hee! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts