Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you all have the emotions like your feelings were too intense for this world?
like you really were not meant to live between the ordinary people?
I feel like that. I'm a weirdo. I don't care.
But that was not the point...xD sorry for the deviation

is it very hard for you to talk about your feelings?
ain't we NF people supposed to be good with that?

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have a very hard time expressing my feeling because either very few get it or there just are not words to describe the... storm that is shaking my core. Sometimes I do feel like Storm from X-Men, trying to harness the powers that are crackling all around us, only it's inside and all that much more chaotic for being contained.

Not that most people who see me on the street would know that. I can appear very serene or calm on the outside while inside... inside I could be flying or laughing or crying or screaming.

One thing about that - if you ever lock those emotions away, be prepared to be absolutely enveloped by them once you crack open the door or window. O.O

·
Registered
51 Posts
I know the intense emotions but I've never really talked about the intensity of them when I've talked about my feelings. I still don't even know how to describe them. It can be a good or a bad emotion. You can be so happy that you cry or you can be so shocked that you have tears in your eyes... and there's no way of stopping it or ignoring it. If you come across some bad people who violate your principles, you get quite angry and emotional. That's only happened to me a couple of times, though, but it's something that will be remembered because generally I never get angry. Those are also the times when you wish you could stop the emotions and just kick the bad guy's *ss.

I find it easy to talk about my feelings but I went through years of writing about them with my NF girlfriend who was also my best friend at the time. I think we're better than others at talking about our feelings but that might be just because we're so interested in our feelings.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I dont often get that. Maybe i am too much T.

It does happen when I think about or I am with my gf. Those emotions feel so intense as if they belong in a place where
'the frequencies are higher'
As if feelings that strong are not really supposed to be felt by mortals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I get the most emotional about the most random things.

Classical music often has me in tears just from listening to it. Same with orchestral movie scores, if they evoke a strong enough emotion. I cry when I read really beautiful poetry or a good book. Just sitting in my philosophy class makes me want to cry. Not because I'm sad, but because I feel like I'm having of a profound experience. Sciences and math makes me cry because I feel like they're the closest things to absolute truth we can come to knowing, and they're perfectly beautiful. I'm an atheist, but I could see how someone would believe in a higher power because of how beautifully things fit together.

Real life, though, rarely affects me too much. I don't get angry or overly happy, or passionate, or exited. I get nervous and anxious, but I'm not very emotional in other regards. Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't care more about other people.

Maybe I'm repressing it. Maybe I'm some sort of weird T/F fusion hitherto unknown. I think I get the most 'feely' about the 'thinky' things in the universe.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I agree with faeriegal's post in particular. That pretty much sums up what it's like for me.

There aren't strong enough words to describe how I feel when I'm feeling, the emotions are so intense that I've found myself crying over the fact that no matter what, you can never show another person how you feel, or feel what they feel either.

And they wonder why some of us get depressed :dry:

·
Registered
391 Posts
I don't have trouble writing about my feelings, here or in my diary. But I do not share my feelings irl with anybody - at least not completely. I feel they are much too intense for others to understand or appreciate. Not ALL others, but all others I know irl. I share the most with my ISTJ husband. He listens uncomfortably, but patiently. He doesn't understand, but he doesn't ridicule me for them either.

I don't talk much about anything, irl. I don't like talking. I like listening, though. An INFP counselor friend of mine once told me I'm a good counselor to the counselor.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
When I was growing up, it was like that, but I did learn to turn down the intensity, or even flip the switch off entirely. Occasionally, I have a problem where I forget where the switch is to turn those feelings back on again. :tongue:

·
Registered
367 Posts
See, it's threads like this that make INFPs so endearing to me. I don't get feelings like this all the time like you guys might, but I definitely understand when your emotions hit you like a truck and there's nothing you can do to stop it from happening. I think I need to find a lovely INFP woman to enjoy my company. :happy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I eat, breathe, sleep emotions and feelings. So talking about feelings would just be describing living...something I can't fathom at all, I just automatically do it. Even when I'm really mad or sad, it just kind of plays itself out as an intense experience ...or I blow up during alone time, but I still can't use words for what is happening.

·
Registered
717 Posts
This reminds me of when something makes me so happy, when something is so wonderful to me, that I want to share it with the world, and I try to share it with people, and I want them to experience the joy of what I'm feeling, mainly because that joy would be so much more with someone to share it with, but then I realize that they don't see it the way I do.

We can share the same object or the same experience, but I can't give the way I feel about something to someone else. I can't share it even when I want to. And it feels unbelievably lonely, at first, because I have all of this joy, and the person I wanted to give it to does not. But then I feel unfair for trying to make them see something the way I see it when I could be trying to find something that they would find wonderful.

Reactions: barbalootSuits

·
Registered
313 Posts
When I try to tell someone about my feelings or about something I feel passionately about and they say something critical (not mean criticism) I cry. I have to leave the room because I cry.
I don't really know why.
anyone else wouldn't care..
but it's so intense of a feeling that I can't help it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Don't you all have the emotions like your feelings were too intense for this world?
like you really were not meant to live between the ordinary people?
I feel like that. I'm a weirdo. I don't care.
But that was not the point...xD sorry for the deviation

is it very hard for you to talk about your feelings?
ain't we NF people supposed to be good with that?
I am all emotion. Way to much emotion compared to other people. But I would not want to be ordinary and not have my emotions. They are my comfort and my guide when life gets tough. I need them to feel human.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts