Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
489 Posts
I don't think emotions are things to be tucked away. They're normal responses to situations and to ignore them just hurts in the long run. Get the feelz out in private (scream in a pillow, write, punch something, whatever) and go about your life.

I just skimmed the post. I don't ever have dreams like that, nor do I think "signs" actually exist.

INTJ problems:

*Overanalyzing
*Erroneously seeking people as one's sole emotional outlet (It's ok to do this, it just shouldn't be the only outlet.)
*Overplanning
*Not always acting as one planned, and cursing oneself for it.
*Perfectionism

· Registered
489 Posts
@Redhollow Gotcha. I find "emotions as tools" to be an interesting view.

Perfectionism's a big thing for me. I don't have (much of) a problem with "seeking others" but it seems that it's a problem for some NTs in general.

· Registered
489 Posts
By tools, I simply mean just that, tools. Like, using controlled anger as a strength boost, happiness as a method to pat yourself on the back after a victory, and etc.

I apparently have to post 15 times before I can use the PM system here- this site it strict. :/
I'm in partial agreement with @bethdeth on this one: feelings are natural responses. Separating emotions-temporarily compartmentalizing them when making decisions-is very normal, but viewing them only as tools seems that it would ultimately lead to repression ("this isn't a useful emotion, go away"). Of course feelings can be used as "tools" (anger as a boost, as you said, or channeling sadness into a poem or something) but that's only after they've been dealt with appropriately.

No problem, thanks for the PM. In regards to your later post, I often "feel old" as well; as though I am capable of functioning in the world now, if only it weren't for school and finding an eventual job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.