Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm stealing the idea off of the INFP forum, but oh well. We ENFP's get to hear everyone else's stories, and while it can be fun for the most part, sometimes I want to be the one to vent and say whatever the crap is on my mind. Yes, I'm happy and goofy and have the attention span of a goldfish, but I also have a deep side, and just want to get things of my chest. Thus.....A Venting thread for us!!! Tada! :laughing:

I like playing with fire more than I should. The excitement of the unknown leaves me teetering on the edge, and even though my common sense says to take a step back, part of me wants to see if there's really anything to be scared of, even if it could leave me really hurt, I'd rather risk it than miss it.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Whoa, seriously can't believe nobody has responded to this yet. I'm always dying to let these random tidbits off my chest-- and I totally agree with you about the playing with fire statement.

Lately I have been getting a kick out of doing rebellious things that I would typically never do. Though I am pretty open-minded and crazy, and usually unfazed by others' behavior, I tend to keep my own behavior in check. But lately I've been a little more promiscuous, a little more frivolous, and I'm not gonna lie, it feels GREAT.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Okay, serious crap in here but I just need to vent, and I don't want to bother my friends with it right now because I feel like they feel awkward when I talk about it SO YEAH.

I recently started medication for depression, which is great and awesome AND YEAH. It's just, it also began on the first day of school! The med's supposed to talk a couple weeks before it starts working, so basically I have to sit here and make a good impression on my teachers. While I'm feeling low on energy and having suicidal thoughts. WHILE I'M HAVING FUN SIDE EFFECTS LIKE NAUSEA AND INSOMNIA :C

I looked it up online, and the med I'm taking is usually bad for the first couple weeks or so, and then you start to feel normal again. It's just I'd like it to start working now, minus the sickness and vomiting. It'd be really nice to have the depression and social withdrawal/fail to go away.

There are good sides, like I know people in most of my classes and I have an awesome supporting family. It's just...imagine having to go to school feeling sick (because of the pill) because you already missed over half of the first week and your parents didn't want you to get too behind. And you feel like crying and there's no reason to cry but you're completely worthless and how could anybody love you and why don't you just go die. And the option is either to sit there and suck it up or to go to the scary school therapist who you swear is a vampire.

/END EMO

·
Registered
95 Posts
That sux Shurikun... hey this looks like fun lemme git in on it!
So I always feel like I'm never the best version of myself, like if I was REALLY an ENFP or if I was REALLY crazy or if I was REALLY *Insert identity trait here* I would be much more *insert stereotype of identity trait here*. It's really just me being hard on myself, but I feel a constant pressure to be the best myself.
It doesn't help that I'm feeling incredibly lonely by way of my siblings leaving for college in other states leaving me here alone, and my friend who usually lives here with me is leaving too by the end of the week all of a sudden, and I really don't feel like I have any friends that I didn't just get handed down to me by my other siblings after they left... uggg.
Ok enuf of me whining. Starting to bug myself:tongue:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
UGH, kids these days! Why the hell do they rant to me about how much they hate my favorite teacher?

"He's an ass. The other teachers are so much nicer."
Uhhh, are you kidding me? He's THE nicest teacher I know, but his job isn't to be nice, it's to teach! Even then, his teaching methods are somewhat holistic and he's SPOT ON about his students' needs as far as learning goes... and he encourages critical thinking, about which you clearly have a huge-ass calamity because you can't pull your head out of your ass and realize that he's trying to help you.

"He never gives anyone a break."
I fucking swear, if you're not in his AP class or don't talk to anyone who's been in his AP class, you have no right to complain about that. You don't know what it means to not catch a break!

"His sense of humor is drier than the desert."
Fuck that. Dry humor is amazing.

"He's a pervert. He only likes you because you're a girl."
Don't undermine my work and reduce it down to "it's because you're a girl." He likes me because I showed up for every float building day when he was the class adviser, don't try to hide my eccentricity, catch the little jokes and have a knack for awesome presents, actively pursue officer positions, work my butt off in mathematics (which he rather dislikes because it's a completely different kind of thinking from what he's drawn to) and science, and yet I STILL want to be part of his AP history class. I could give a laundry list of reasons other than just "he likes the nice-looking girls and is a dick to everyone else."

If you hate him so much, then fucking MAN UP and tell that to him and not me! I'm sure Mr. ENTJ can explain himself better than I could explain him!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Okay, serious crap in here but I just need to vent, and I don't want to bother my friends with it right now because I feel like they feel awkward when I talk about it SO YEAH.

I recently started medication for depression, which is great and awesome AND YEAH. It's just, it also began on the first day of school! The med's supposed to talk a couple weeks before it starts working, so basically I have to sit here and make a good impression on my teachers. While I'm feeling low on energy and having suicidal thoughts. WHILE I'M HAVING FUN SIDE EFFECTS LIKE NAUSEA AND INSOMNIA :C

I looked it up online, and the med I'm taking is usually bad for the first couple weeks or so, and then you start to feel normal again. It's just I'd like it to start working now, minus the sickness and vomiting. It'd be really nice to have the depression and social withdrawal/fail to go away.

There are good sides, like I know people in most of my classes and I have an awesome supporting family. It's just...imagine having to go to school feeling sick (because of the pill) because you already missed over half of the first week and your parents didn't want you to get too behind. And you feel like crying and there's no reason to cry but you're completely worthless and how could anybody love you and why don't you just go die. And the option is either to sit there and suck it up or to go to the scary school therapist who you swear is a vampire.

/END EMO
Hang in there, friend! I've been on and off depression meds for awhile, and they can suck at first. Have you asked your doctor if you can taper up more slowly? Often sticking you on too high a dose right away will cause those really bad side effects, but if you start at say, half that dose, and then a week later go up to the original dose, you will feel fine.

I know that the first med I went on (Prozac), I couldn't handle and had to stop. I took Zoloft next and had no problem.

One thing I want to vent about...my oftentimes very needy best friend. She will call me multiple times within very short time frames if I don't answer, even if she knows I am at work and can't always answer. She complains and complains about her boyfriend, and when I try to give her advice says "yeah, you are right" but never takes it, and then a week later everything is fine with him and she is telling me how SHE was overreacting. Well, if you realize you are always overreacting in the end, then why do I spend 10+ hours a week listening to you "overreact" and offering my best help???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Why is it...?

Crazy people feel most comfortable with US ? You could be standing on the corner, minding your own business with about 15 other strangers when, that crazy guy walking back and forth and talking to himself for the past 7 minutes, stops, hone's in on your locations -as if you are giving off a particular odor- and proceeds to walk right up to you to start a conversation. This does not annoy me like it seems to annoy/bewilder/amuse/frighten the other people. On the contrary. It warms my heart. Awww... poor guy is just suffering. Too much in his own world.... $"%* you people for shunning this crazy person who is most likely harmless...

Just about EVERYONE you know comes to you as a Confidant? "Mm-Hmm. Yes. Right. Really? Well why do you think...?" ARRGGGHH!!! I get it. I love it. People really look to us for understanding. A lot of the time. And yet... the most messed up thing about it is... I find that, I do not believe I know another person in this world who I feel like I can open myself up to like that. Continually striving to better understand myself and others to the point of masochism -read. Heavily involving yourself with an SJ who has no problems exposing your flaws and causes you to question yourself through clear-cut criticism-, we truly aspire for human harmony. Only rarely do I complain about having to be there for EVERYONE... but is it just me or do we have no-one to do this for us?

Why? God...Why? I want to know why I am so great at motivating anyone to become a better person and yet rarely seem to find the means on how to motivate myself? Worse case scenario -has happened to me- You find people out-grow you. FU£K!!! I meet someone. No-one is perfect. Automatically I see the best potential in them. If I become romantically involved I make it a goal to help this person become the best they can. Some time later, they have grown and I have not....moved significantly enough forward in life. FML :sad:

Three? I guess I'll stop there....

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I stop talking to guys who show interest in me that I don't want....but my best friend's younger brother is one of them...and another ENFP to boot. He doesn't live anywhere near me, but that doesn't stop him from constantly sending me text messages (my friend has a bad habit of getting drunk on New Year's and giving people my phone number) and talking to me online. It wouldn't bother me so much, but it's always really out of the blue questions like "do you believe in destiny?" or "should I eat this cake that I saw something crawling on?" - half the time I don't respond and he's too oblivious to read the irritation in my text the other half of the time. He's been talked to by mutual friends online and my best friend about this....and he assures me he just sees me as a friend, but then asks immediately after if I believe in the connection of souls and past lives. >< I've tried ignoring him, giving 1 word answers, explaining that I'm not interested, EVERYTHING short of throwing a desperate, doe-eyed girl with a hero-worship complex at him....and if I had one readily available, I would try that too. >.>

I guess what I'm trying to say is "OMG ENFP GUYS!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE! If a girl's not interested, take the hint!" It's not patiently waiting if you make not-so-subtle comments about love, fate, and destiny....and persistence does not work like in romantic stories and movies by wearing down her resolve and making her fall for you. It just makes her annoyed. -_-;;;

·
Registered
106 Posts
I stop talking to guys who show interest in me that I don't want....but my best friend's younger brother is one of them...and another ENFP to boot. He doesn't live anywhere near me, but that doesn't stop him from constantly sending me text messages (my friend has a bad habit of getting drunk on New Year's and giving people my phone number) and talking to me online. It wouldn't bother me so much, but it's always really out of the blue questions like "do you believe in destiny?" or "should I eat this cake that I saw something crawling on?" - half the time I don't respond and he's too oblivious to read the irritation in my text the other half of the time. He's been talked to by mutual friends online and my best friend about this....and he assures me he just sees me as a friend, but then asks immediately after if I believe in the connection of souls and past lives. >< I've tried ignoring him, giving 1 word answers, explaining that I'm not interested, EVERYTHING short of throwing a desperate, doe-eyed girl with a hero-worship complex at him....and if I had one readily available, I would try that too. >.>

I guess what I'm trying to say is "OMG ENFP GUYS!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEASE! If a girl's not interested, take the hint!" It's not patiently waiting if you make not-so-subtle comments about love, fate, and destiny....and persistence does not work like in romantic stories and movies by wearing down her resolve and making her fall for you. It just makes her annoyed. -_-;;;
Question? Is he young? Sounds like someone who is still dreaming too much but has not attained the worldly experience that comes with say... traveling the globe.

Reactions: kaycee

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm worried because I'm just about broke, and soon won't be able to afford the long drive into the city to see people and recharge my batteries. Instead I'll be stuck in the basement of my parents' little house in the country with my motivation dwindling, while my ESTJ old man lays into me with all his criticisms. He's got nothing better to do; he's retired.... :-/

Reactions: Burning Lion

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm completely broke too, Essay. I probably have $30,000+ in debt and in two weeks will have no job. I am 1 year away from my B.A. but can't go back to finish it cause I am in default on my loans and also owe the school money.

·
Registered
77 Posts
THANKS for making this post. OMFG, I can't believe how much I need this....

I feel like everyone else in the world is getting everything they ever wanted in life, and I'm just here getting shat on constantly. The house my boyfriend and I were trying to buy fell through because our realtor was shitty and messed up our bid and screwed us up the hiney... and because we ended up backing out because it was getting to be too much, we lost the $1,000 "earnest money" we had to submit to even bid on the house.

Meanwhile, boyfriend's sister and her obnoxious husband, who are living in her parents' basement and only one of whom works (part-time) just inherited $60,000, so they've decided to buy a home, and have been bragging about their mini-mansion that they're buying... even though they KNOW we just lost a house that we loved. WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?! That is so completely inconsiderate. They have a baby girl, they're married, they now have a house that they own, and what do I have? I'm short $1,000, the money is stressing my already-strained relationship, and although I love my job, it's not giving me enough hours and I feel trapped.

When will something good happen to ME for once? :angry:

·
Registered
226 Posts
THANKS for making this post. OMFG, I can't believe how much I need this....

I feel like everyone else in the world is getting everything they ever wanted in life, and I'm just here getting shat on constantly. The house my boyfriend and I were trying to buy fell through because our realtor was shitty and messed up our bid and screwed us up the hiney... and because we ended up backing out because it was getting to be too much, we lost the $1,000 "earnest money" we had to submit to even bid on the house.

Meanwhile, boyfriend's sister and her obnoxious husband, who are living in her parents' basement and only one of whom works (part-time) just inherited $60,000, so they've decided to buy a home, and have been bragging about their mini-mansion that they're buying... even though they KNOW we just lost a house that we loved. WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?! That is so completely inconsiderate. They have a baby girl, they're married, they now have a house that they own, and what do I have? I'm short $1,000, the money is stressing my already-strained relationship, and although I love my job, it's not giving me enough hours and I feel trapped.

When will something good happen to ME for once? :angry:
I feel that sometimes. Seems like we possess too much with our brain so life give us less materialistic stuff and prevent us from having what we want, even though we fight so hard 4 it :sad:

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Question? Is he young? Sounds like someone who is still dreaming too much but has not attained the worldly experience that comes with say... traveling the globe.
He is young... I just wish he'd latch onto something or someone else.

·
Registered
106 Posts
He is young... I just wish he'd latch onto something or someone else.
I think this is simple. Tell him something along the lines of (but be UPFRONT. NO HINTS):

Listen. I think you are a cool guy and all... but right now, in my life, I wouldn't want to get involved with someone so seriously. I think we both need time to grow and experience life... a lot... before attempting something serious with each other. We would both be happier for it and would not miss out on all the great things that come with youth... The learning the experiencing that comes with wisdom. That's what I look forward to seeing and hearing about later on in life from someone I will eventually get serious with.

The gist is important here. The point is.:You are cool. I want to experience Life before I get serious. Later, life will be more interesting. Who knows then?

And if HE STILL DOES NOT TAKE THE HINT.... never answer his call or return a text again. He'll get it. He is too idealistic and sometimes life has to smack us across the nose before we wake up. Wisdom is earned.

Good luck..

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I was open and up front with him. He *seemed* to get it, but then he'll still ask me weird questions....and it's harder to just ignore him (I've been doing so) because he's my friend's brother....and he gets invited to play online games with mutual friends. ><

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here's one: I'm sick to death of gauging my self-worth on the reactions of others. I have no internal validator and it will, one day, send me to my grave. I feel like nothing i do is right, or ever good enough, and when it comes to interacting with the world, I'm the one who always has to change, or put up with others' quirks. I have to accommodate. I was told, once, that we did it because we were the only ones capable of it, but I feel like one big spool of give give give whose giving is invisible or unrecognized and never ever right. And every single bit of it is my damn fault. Always.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Well im still pretty young im 17 I've seen the world and traveled to 20 differnt countries. I used to hate my life and my parents were completely aginst me and life was to me nothing execpt waiting to die. After I saw what the world was like I realized how much better we have it in America and how I should live life to the fullest and make use of every single minute. I used to have a drug and alcohol problem but just last year I cleaned myself up and decided to start a new and help others get though hardships and addiction.After finding out my personality I realized there other people just like me and i was just happy. Now I go about inspiring others , helping the community and doing my best to bring happiness to the world one smile at a time. Next year I plan to join the Navy as a Hospital Corpsman and travel the world over and help others.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just because I'm an extravert doesn't mean I'm going to tell you everything that's on my mind. Most likely, I'm not going to vocalize my feelings of self-doubt. Partially because I don't want to bring anyone else's self-worth into question (I know a lot of people who judge themselves by comparison with others), and mostly because I don't want to weigh down my friends with such negative emotions. Especially since I'm usually the person saying 'it's okay, we'll get through somehow' and 'you're fine just as you are' and 'you can feel the way you feel, it's okay because there's a valid reason, emotional logic isn't the same as rational logic.'

But when I do voice my doubts, like most everything else, I am doing so with the utmost sincerity. The people I'm able to do this with are actually very precious and very few. Because it absolutely breaks my heart to be told to my face that I'll just never be understood by anyone. And it's also quite frustrating to feel obligated to stroke someone else's ego when I'm doing my best to try to internally reevaluate the direction of my life.

Seriously, deliberately changing the topic to how your shoes don't fit right when I'm trying to vent about being severely swamped is probably not the best conversation tactic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts