Tamaki: ENFP
Kyoya: ISTJ
Haruhi: ISFJ
Hikaru: ESTP
Karou: INTJ
Honey: ENTJ
Mori: ISFJ
Renge: ENFJ
Tamaki seems like a clear Fe user to me. I think he just seems ENFP because he's voiced by Vic Mignona who is ENFP as hell

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Tamaki seems like a clear Fe user to me. I think he just seems ENFP because he's voiced by Vic Mignona who is ENFP as hell
While I did originally see it in English, I've also seen it in Japanese, saw the first episode of the live action, and read some of the manga. So I'm not just basing it on Vic Mignogna, though I'll admit that he said he found himself having a lot in common with the character.

I don't know as much about cognitive functions (other than my own) as I would like, but I'm not seeing any J in him. And other people have said on here that he breathes ENFP. He'll get up and leave at a moment if his feelings push him to do so. He's not very good at planning but he is good at changing plans. Trying my hardest to use my limited knowledge of cognitive functions, I would say that he does show some Fi. He's pretty concerned about others' relationships with him and will push for relationships that he doesn't have. Although he does show some concern for society, I think it's only when it can benefit him. This is more seen in the magna but he'll go against society if he has to.

But I'm really seeing some clear Ne in that he can read others like a book except for himself.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
tamaki: Enfj 2w3 so/sx
haruhi: Intp 5w4 sp/so
kyoya: Intj 3w4 sp/??
Honey: E?fp 7w6 so/sx
hikaru and kaoru: Infj 4w3 sx/sp
haruhi's dad: E?f? 2w3 so/sx
rengei: Esfj 2w1 so/sx
mori: Istp 8w9 sp/sx
nekozawa: Intj 4w5 sx/sp
:D I love the anime! First anime my gf at the time introduced me to. I was like "WTF!?" in the begining...but turned out to be fun. Lots of good memories.....ahhhhh.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While I did originally see it in English, I've also seen it in Japanese, saw the first episode of the live action, and read some of the manga. So I'm not just basing it on Vic Mignogna, though I'll admit that he said he found himself having a lot in common with the character.

I don't know as much about cognitive functions (other than my own) as I would like, but I'm not seeing any J in him. And other people have said on here that he breathes ENFP. He'll get up and leave at a moment if his feelings push him to do so. He's not very good at planning but he is good at changing plans. Trying my hardest to use my limited knowledge of cognitive functions, I would say that he does show some Fi. He's pretty concerned about others' relationships with him and will push for relationships that he doesn't have. Although he does show some concern for society, I think it's only when it can benefit him. This is more seen in the magna but he'll go against society if he has to.

But I'm really seeing some clear Ne in that he can read others like a book except for himself.
ENFPs can read others and themselves like books. ENFJs can only read others like books. ENFJs can also seem a lot like Ps because they can be very bouncy, enthusiastic and get things going

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
ENFPs can read others and themselves like books. ENFJs can only read others like books. ENFJs can also seem a lot like Ps because they can be very bouncy, enthusiastic and get things going
Being bouncy and enthusiastic is an extrovert thing but Tamaki goes way beyond that. That would be a good way to describe Honey, who's a J. Tamaki will do things at the drop of a hat, he's the most spontaneous of the characters. ENFPs also like to perform in their own little way and Tamaki always expects the spotlight on him. It's true that he likes to pretend that he has control and tries to be a leader but he ends up failing at both many times.

I would say that his inability to read himself might stem more from denial than Ni, though don't really see how Ni would be able to read everyone else besides themselves while Ne can read everything. From what I've experienced with Ni, they tend to use their extroverted function (Te or Fe) to read people. But Tamaki seems to use his Ne.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Being bouncy and enthusiastic is an extrovert thing but Tamaki goes way beyond that. That would be a good way to describe Honey, who's a J. Tamaki will do things at the drop of a hat, he's the most spontaneous of the characters. ENFPs also like to perform in their own little way and Tamaki always expects the spotlight on him. It's true that he likes to pretend that he has control and tries to be a leader but he ends up failing at both many times.

I would say that his inability to read himself might stem more from denial than Ni, though don't really see how Ni would be able to read everyone else besides themselves while Ne can read everything. From what I've experienced with Ni, they tend to use their extroverted function (Te or Fe) to read people. But Tamaki seems to use his Ne.
Honey is like the opposite of a J. all he wants to do is sit around and eat candy all day lol

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I'd say:

Tamaki: ENFP (So much like my ENFP sister, it's scary)
Haruhi: Er... INTP, maybe? Difficult to type.
Hikaru: ESTP
Kaoru: INFx (chameleon type, so comes off more like Hikaru)
Kyoya: INTJ
Mori: ISTJ
Honey: ESFP

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Impulsive/in the moment (Se), ignorant of feelings (unhealthy T), spontanious (P), loves the 'show' (E).

Basing this on the manga and the anime.
ignorant of feelings I think is more being a narcissistic 4w3 than a T, and I certainly don't think he's an extrovert. if you remember his pre-host club life, both and he and Kaoru were complete recluses.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
ignorant of feelings I think is more being a narcissistic 4w3 than a T, and I certainly don't think he's an extrovert. if you remember his pre-host club life, both and he and Kaoru were complete recluses.
But they were very unhealthy versions of their types back then. So he would have appeared INFJ-ish, but the unhealthy variety (reclusive, emotionally volatile, manipulating others, using things against others to hurt them, giving up on humanity etc.) - as soon as he joined the host club, his type began to become healthier and he developed into a fairly average ESTP. If you compare him to other ESTP characters, there are so many similarities, it can't be a coincidence :)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But they were very unhealthy versions of their types back then. So he would have appeared INFJ-ish, but the unhealthy variety (reclusive, emotionally volatile, manipulating others, using things against others to hurt them, giving up on humanity etc.) - as soon as he joined the host club, his type began to become healthier and he developed into a fairly average ESTP. If you compare him to other ESTP characters, there are so many similarities, it can't be a coincidence :)
I still don't see any ESTP qualities in him, maybe ISFP?

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I still don't see any ESTP qualities in him, maybe ISFP?
Portrait of an ESTP
"ESTPs are practical, observant, fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers with an excellent ability to quickly improvise an innovative solution to a problem. They're enthusiastic and fun to be with, and are great motivators. If an ESTP recognizes their real talents and operates within those realms, they can accomplish truly exciting things. "
Portrait of an ISFP
"The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences. "

They sound pretty similar, but I think he doesn't take life as seriously, isn't that creative, is more into doing than thinking etc.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Portrait of an ESTP
"ESTPs are practical, observant, fun-loving, spontaneous risk-takers with an excellent ability to quickly improvise an innovative solution to a problem. They're enthusiastic and fun to be with, and are great motivators. If an ESTP recognizes their real talents and operates within those realms, they can accomplish truly exciting things. "
Portrait of an ISFP
"The ISFP has many special gifts for the world, especially in the areas of creating artistic sensation, and selflessly serving others. Life is not likely to be extremely easy for the ISFP, because they take life so seriously, but they have the tools to make their lives and the lives of those close to them richly rewarding experiences. "

They sound pretty similar, but I think he doesn't take life as seriously, isn't that creative, is more into doing than thinking etc.
honestly I don't really see him doing a lot. even a less than healthy ESTP is still an extrovert and would have to be EXTREMELY unhealthy to look that much like an INFJ. thinking about it some more though, I could see him as an ENFP. we're a lot less extroverted and can be cold, icy bitches when we're unhappy.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts