Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I made this thread because I'm wondering if other people can relate to my conclusions or has ever had an out of body experience (OBE) of their own.

Also before I begin I do not mean to start an argument about what people believe in. This might be a sensitive topic so PLEASE share your thoughts and opinions respectively.

So I've been having an OBE at least 2 times a week for the past year so I've become more understanding of what it means but I've never actually fully talked about it with someone before and I'm curious if personality type effects whether we have them or not. The first time it happened I had over slept that day and kept slipping into a paralysis state and while in that state I would see black figures of people standing around my room. It was very scary and I thought I was going crazy. After scrambling around the internet for hours trying to figure out why that happened I figured it was what the scientific theory had explained of just being unhealthy yet couldn't prove it was that. So the next time it happened I slipped into sleep paralysis and let it happen, thinking it was just in my head, until I tried to get up and thought I actually was up, just to look over to see me still laying in bed... so I got scared again and somehow forced myself out of it. After that I did more and more research on it, watching documentaries about determining dreams from reality and reading tons of formuns about people being able to leave their body. After that I was 99% certain I was having an OBE but still kept that 1% of maybe I was crazy. Then the 3rd time it happened is when things really got scary. I was laying there again after just waking up I got sleep paralysis, let it happen and slowly started to move out of my body. I decided this time I was going to explore around so I walked/levitated around my apartment complex figuring out how to control myself from floating away. I entered my families rooms and other peoples apartment which pretty much confirmed for me it was real from seeing real people. But then suddenly out of no where I'm instantly in someone's house of a family I've never met before. They seemed to be just a normal family, the typical younger sibiling annoying the older one, mom making dinner. But for some reason I had this VERY strong terrible vibe and that's when everything froze and went dark. And out the window it looks like a gray sand storm had appeared in the distance and in the corner of the room I see a little girl crying. I went to go help her but as I got close, I glanced to the side and there was a tall cloaked...thing, with it's face hidden and what appeared to have a lizards tail, standing only a few feet away from me. I obviously was scared to death and closed my eyes when I opened them I was back in body but still in the paralyzed state. I glanced across the room again to see that same cloaked figure standing there so I forced myself out of it again... After that I was just driving myself crazy from contemplating existence and scouring the internet trying to figure things out when I came across a picture of a tall cloaked lizard that matched what I had seen. It turns out it fits the description of what a lot of us may have heard of by now the conspiracy theory about Reptilian aliens being able to manipulate the spirit realm and shape shift into humans containing political power. (Yes I know there's a lot of jokes and a lot of shit about this) I won't go into every detail about my OBE after that because they're all pretty much the same. I become paralyzed, I leave my body, I explore around. I occasionally have other spirits come to me confused in need of guidance from either not knowing they are dead and asking to go home or do know and are trying to find the way of death they lived their life believing. I'm always unable to help them because I myself don't know either...

I've very at peace with this whole situation now but I'm curious does anyone else have a story to share? What do you think about these topics? Do you agree/disagree and why? Any of your own questions?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I have defiantly heard about the out of body experience before, and I know a few people who have told about experiencing it. I however, have not had an out of body experience. I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do with personality type. Most of the time why I hear about OBE it has something to do with religion so I find your case is really interesting. I've never heard of someone experiencing it more than once of their life time, and I have never heard of the lizard sort of thing. Are you sure that you aren't/weren't dreaming a few of those times?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have defiantly heard about the out of body experience before, and I know a few people who have told about experiencing it. I however, have not had an out of body experience. I am fairly certain that it has nothing to do with personality type. Most of the time why I hear about OBE it has something to do with religion so I find your case is really interesting. I've never heard of someone experiencing it more than once of their life time, and I have never heard of the lizard sort of thing. Are you sure that you aren't/weren't dreaming a few of those times?
I'm 90% sure those parts weren't dreams but I guess it's possible. It just makes too much sense to me especially since it's an existing thing people talk about that I had no knowledge of before this happened to me.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I'm 90% sure those parts weren't dreams but I guess it's possible. It just makes too much sense to me especially since it's an existing thing people talk about that I had no knowledge of before this happened to me.
Yeah that would be pretty convincing for me too. However, nowadays you can find a website that says anything you want to hear. So I'd be a little skeptical, but I don't know what you experienced because I'm not you so I have no place to judge what actually happened.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
It's like hallucinations. The mind playing tricks on you.It often happens when someone is half way between sleeping and awake so they see things like they would in a dream but they aren't fully asleep.

This may come across as controversial as of course this can happen to anyone regardless of type. But to be honest I have heard of a lot of Ni Dom - Se Inferior having hallucinations. I'm not saying they're 'crazy' or anything as I don't even think you're 'crazy' at all for hallucinating. It just does seem like if it does have anything to do with type inferior Se could just make it more likely at times that's all. But that's probably irrelevant. It's just something which can happen for whatever reason. If it starts to bother you then you could try to look for ways to stop it happening and if not then that's fine if it's not causing any harm. I know a friend of a friend who has had regular hallucinations for many years which he believes are ghosts. I don't believe in stuff like that. There's a perfectly reasonable and common explanation which is basically just hallucinating and I think the same principle applies to the OBE as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts