Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to the boss of my first job today.

He said I might be able to start working there again around December 1st. It's in retail, and it will be very busy during Christmas, but he told me that he might be able to help me get a full-time position. This will help me with finances until I can save enough to go back to school.

I've looked everywhere for a job. This was my last resort. :sad:

Oh well. I will have as much fun as I can for the next month or so. I'm going to visit my old rommate this weekend. We are going to dress up for Halloween as the Mario Brothers. It's been a long time since I've dressed up. I will try to get a picture of this, and I will use it as my updated avatar. :laughing:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I talked to the boss of my first job today.

He said I might be able to start working there again around December 1st. It's in retail, and it will be very busy during Christmas, but he told me that he might be able to help me get a full-time position. This will help me with finances until I can save enough to go back to school.

I've looked everywhere for a job. This was my last resort. :sad:

Oh well. I will have as much fun as I can for the next month or so. I'm going to visit my old rommate this weekend. We are going to dress up for Halloween as the Mario Brothers. It's been a long time since I've dressed up. I will try to get a picture of this, and I will use it as my updated avatar. :laughing:
That would be awesome to see you and your friend dress up as the Mario Brothers!!!! Please do send a picture of you guys my way!!! And they say that INFJ's don't know how to have fun. Yes we do, it's who we are with that sometimes brings out the funny side in us.:crazy: Johnny

·
Super Moderator
12,037 Posts
Hey cheer up! Sad about the old job, but your profile says amused! Can't be all that bad!
I'm working at a freaking grocery store...not what I thought I would be doing, but circumstances have created a limbo for now! I look at it as a step up on that proverbial ladder!

Reactions: Daveman

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey cheer up! Sad about the old job, but your profile says amused! Can't be all that bad!
I'm working at a freaking grocery store...not what I thought I would be doing, but circumstances have created a limbo for now! I look at it as a step up on that proverbial ladder!
Me too.

This is why I'm still amused. But on December 1st, I may not be quite so much. lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
yay for updated avatar! lawlz

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It'd be nice to get a job, let alone be able to keep it.

I love being 'not autistic enough' to reap the benefits of systems that could help me.

Oh well. The idea of being a drifter was always exciting.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'd be nice to get a job, let alone be able to keep it.

I love being 'not autistic enough' to reap the benefits of systems that could help me.

Oh well. The idea of being a drifter was always exciting.
My father, who barely gets by on minimum wage, frequently likes to refer to himself as a "penniless drifter".

When he was my age, he was hitchhiking all across the country. He met my mother this way actually. He was a hippy with hair down to his waist- quite different from me in this respect.

He's had more wanderlust than I have, and he has done more "bad stuff" than me too. My grandmother will say every few days or so that she is so glad that I've always been such a "good Christian boy".

I think there's a little bit of my father in me that is starting to come out of me though. I got to get out of this place. Unfortunatley, if my grandmother is still around when I do "move on", I will worry like crazy about her.

Sigh, one thing at a time I guess. I need to start working again, and then plan everything out from there.

·
Registered
836 Posts
sorry about your tough life decisions.

everything works out for a reason. sometimes people say that as a truism, but i tend to believe it. life ebbs and flows. yours is ebbing, give it a few months or so and youll be back on the up and up.

you seem to be a fairly positive person, so i have faith youll pull yourself up by the bootstraps soon enough.

never, ever, ever give up.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry about your tough life decisions.

everything works out for a reason. sometimes people say that as a truism, but i tend to believe it. life ebbs and flows. yours is ebbing, give it a few months or so and youll be back on the up and up.

you seem to be a fairly positive person, so i have faith youll pull yourself up by the bootstraps soon enough.

never, ever, ever give up.
It takes effort to be a positive person on my part. It can be difficult, but it is worth it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My father, who barely gets by on minimum wage, frequently likes to refer to himself as a "penniless drifter".

When he was my age, he was hitchhiking all across the country. He met my mother this way actually. He was a hippy with hair down to his waist- quite different from me in this respect.

He's had more wanderlust than I have, and he has done more "bad stuff" than me too.
My dad was hanging out with Satan's Choice (biker gang) at 17 years old. Had already travelled across Canada at 16, and had killed at least a few people by the time he was my age.

I've got my father's build and his wanderlust. I'm also at least 5x smarter than him. Unfortunately, I've also got his anger. Add into that a broken childhood and a mental disorder that makes rage tough to contain, and you've got me: A possibly very, very bad person.

I've considered a life of crime for awhile. I'm not entirely there yet, but I'm getting closer to it.

I hope everything works out better for you than it will for me.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dad was hanging out with Satan's Choice (biker gang) at 17 years old. Had already travelled across Canada at 16, and had killed at least a few people by the time he was my age.

I've got my father's build and his wanderlust. I'm also at least 5x smarter than him. Unfortunately, I've also got his anger. Add into that a broken childhood and a mental disorder that makes rage tough to contain, and you've got me: A possibly very, very bad person.

I've considered a life of crime for awhile. I'm not entirely there yet, but I'm getting closer to it.

I hope everything works out better for you than it will for me.
I don't think you're a bad person, and I don't doubt that you are much smarter than your father. You are probably too smart for a life of crime.

I've noticed that I seem to have an "awareness" that most people don't, but I think you have it too. I don't think most people who go into a life of crime even give it that much consideration. You KNOW "right" from "wrong", as arbitrary as some may say those terms are.

And you mention this mental disorder that you have said makes you take everything literally and fills you with rage, but I have seen no signs of it in your posts. You joke around quite a bit on here, and I have seen no signs of hostility either.

You also said before that you want to be happy. You won't find happiness with that kind of lifestyle, and I think you know it. So what's the point?

I know you've had a rough life, but that's not an excuse. Don't let your rough past (or present) ruin your future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts