Personality Cafe banner

Outdoorsy INFP's Thread

[INFP] 
Tags
infp's thread
25K views 220 replies 140 participants last post by  GusWriter 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm just wondering if any of you other INFP's are outdoorsy! Post what you like to do and some pics of where you've been doing what you love to do in the great outdoors!

#2 ·
i love the outdoors! but i don't really have any pictures . . . i don't exactly work outside, i just walk around my neighborhood and sit in my backyard. i want to find a nice secluded area that i can go to whenever i feel sad, so i've been looking for one. unfortunately everything near my house is like, rebuilding and houses and buildings. :/

#3 ·
I love the outdoors! But only if it's quiet, and very a very natury place. I live in a tropical country, so it's mostly hot, so my prime, favorite place is up in the mountains where you can see the landscapes. It has perfect weather, it's breathtaking, quiet and so peaceful. I feel at one with my whole self and the world ;D

Which makes me wonder, isn't it weird that we INFPs feel at peace and unified with the world, when we're actually in solitude? Hehe, we are indeed such strange, creatures ;D

though sadly, I've lost the files for the pics >:

#7 ·
I'm huge into outdoors and always have been. I live mere minutes from a ton of hiking trails here in utah. I just got back from a 4 day camping trip (spring break!) and I work for a local outdoor retailer. I feel so intune with nature and even though I spend a lot of time in it I feel like I can always get more.

Most of my best memories are from a camping trip, hike or doing something outside.

I don't really have many pictures of *me* camping but here is one from this past weekend - me and some friends were exploring some old abandoned mine we found (can you tell which one is me)?

and some scenery pictures I took from the same trip:

#11 ·
my body requires me to hike/travel/backpack on a regular basis, living in Tennessee near the Appalachian trail helps feed this.

#12 ·
my body requires me to hike/travel/backpack on a regular basis, living in Tennessee near the Appalachian trail helps feed this.
i was just researching the smoky mountains last night (i have romantic notions of the midwest and appalachians) and mentally noted it as somewhere i'd like to see. it looks gorgeous.

#16 ·
I love being outdoors, preferably near water.I was lucky enough to take photos of these moments and was quite shocked to see how well it turned out to me since it was an outdated clunky digital camera.ENJOY!!

This is one of my routes when I go for a walk by the lake:happy:

I call this the "Indie Rock Album Cover" because... well it feels like one. (For some reason, I was incredibly happy the day I took this:happy:)

I love watching the sunrise by the lake. I took as many photos as I could over the summer and this was one of them.:happy:

I kinda wished someone special would have been there to enjoy it with me.:sad:

#18 ·

I designed this pond. Every aspect of it. Collected everything from a nearby beach and my family dug the hole and I put it together. All basically for free might I add.

close to where I live

My brother and I returning from a 4 mile walk that I've walked hundreds of times. (maybe a thousand lol) growing up. If it wasnt cloudy you could see
the Olympic Mountain Range. Theres some fucking fantastic sunsets. Though Im not one to take pictures.

Theres a tree further out on a cliff. That Ive done lots of writing/reading. though usually too distracted to stay on task.

I love camping and nature. In Washington there are just too many beautiful places to visit. Hell yeah I love nature. My goal is to get some land in the middle of nowhere.

#22 ·
My dad grew up in the middle of nowhere on the bank of the Mississippi near where it meets with the Wisconsin River. He's a really outdoorsy type, and it rubbed off on me. I don't have a lot of outdoor skills, but I still love it. I especially love animals. I've kind of lost the touch, but as a kid I could get wild animals like frogs and snakes and such to willingly sit in my hand. I also used to catch bees by their wings without getting stung.

My favorite memories of my childhood are camping trips via motorcycle with my dad and his brother. Every other summer or so from ages 11-17, we would pile a week's worth of clothes, tents, and some basic supplies to two bikes with saddlebags, a rack on the rear end, and bungee cord. Then we'd just ride west until we hit the rockies and set up camp somewhere different every night for two weeks. I rode behind my dad.

Traveling via car just isn't the same. You're so isolated. You don't get to feel the atmosphere whever you're going like you can on a bike.

I also love fishing, and I love cold weather. I'm a northerner by birth. Both sides of my family are very german/irish, and extended family all lives up in Wisconsin where I was also born. I sunburn and get blinded really easily, and heat makes me incredibly drowsy. I feel alive in cloudy, rainy, cold weather.

On our first journey out west, we rode through some freezing rain while zipping through a scenic pass looking for a place to set up camp. My jeans froze solid with ice. We had to stop and give me a chance to put on rain gear, and the ice literally shattered off my legs when I stood up. This is actually my favorite memory of the whole trip :)

#23 ·
Yeah, I can definitely relate to all the people who replied to this post...
The outside, it's just such a magical thing, especially when you're not in an urban area. Just going outside, and smelling the smell of the woods makes me sway with delight. It's sometimes, a lot better than interacting with my friends :p, not that I don't care about them! The feel, the touch, the smell, the sight, and the sound of nature is so; What do you call it? Unartificial? Maybe Precious. There's so little of it left. And humans keep destroying it, even if there are red warning signs flashing all about them. Headlines, and news articles read, "Hudson River Polluted," "Orcas dying," "Whales Dying," "Animal Cruelty" and so many more. Anyways, I must be straying away from the outdoors topic. I like doing sports in the outdoors too. It's a lot better than an arena, or stadium. And about natue? It's beautiful, alleviating, pure, and essential, unless you are a human:) Which, I think I am.

#24 ·
I agree with you conscience about how sad it is that the forests are disappearing. I know that they have genetically engineered trees to grow faster. It doesnt compare to ancient trees of old that are now extinct because we cut them down. I mean these trees had thier own ecosystem they were so large. I forget which deserted area across the globe used to be a forest. It took one king that cut down all the trees. Of course we see nothing of his kingdom now. Now its a desert. I of course see how even my family and neighbors have contributed to deforestation on a smaller level. Where they lived 15 years ago or so was a forest. Though much of the land is protected. Then we move into this country and are mad when we see a cougar.
Right now we are losing about 15 state parks to save money. We really arent saving that much maybe 100s of thousands a year but on a state level that nots much and Im sorry to see them make these cuts. Im sure theres more redundant spending going on elsewhere. I think the answer to many of our problems is population control.

Why in the hell are people still populating like crazy? Where are all the people going to go? And what resources are we going to tap into next because of desperation. Im not only worried about trees but all the plants we are losing with deforestation. Plants are medicine. Though the US doesnt see the value. A plant can solve your medicinal problems without the side affects. Like chemotherapy. It isnt always the cancer that kills someone its the chemotherapy. Anybody ever see someone recover who was about to die because they stopped thier chemotherapy? They have a plant in California. Illegal might I add, that cures many types of cancer. And there are others. Im sure with more studies of plants wed find it.
Not to mention that you can blame car pollution and plane pollution. Also, where we build our airports is important. We shouldnt build them near people. We should build them in valleys so the pollution doesnt just go with the winds across the land. The cancer rate and depression rate near airports is 300 percent or more than the average population and living near freeways also ups your likelyhood. Not to mention where I live we have a lot of clouds and the air just gets horrible in these areas because the pollution is just stewing beneath them for days.

Weve already pretty much depleted our oil. I think one of the most valuable resources is land and I totally want to get some before its to expensive to get acreage. I know in more remote locations like Canada you can get hundred of acreas starting at about 30 grand.

#29 ·
Soon I'm going to spend a week in nature, just me. Alone. I'll be camping in a forest where my ancestors used to live, near the ruins of their house. I'll have no contact with anyone, though I'll naturally bring my cell phone for emergencies. I'll turn it off though. Then I'll bring a tent, necessities for surviving (food, sleeping bag etc.), an acoustic guitar, some paper and a pen.. I'm really looking forward to it. And just to make it even more INFP'ish, everyone I know will be going to a world famous festival that week.

#30 ·
I like being outside for my own sanity. My lifestyle is definately structured around the outdoors.

There's just so much you can do outside, and so much to be gained from outdoor activities. You notice that people change when they go on holidays and spend a lot of time outside. You sleep better, make the most of the day, and just become more at peace overall.

I like trekking/long expeditions, running, gardening, conservation work. I love kayaking (but my dimensions aren't that suitable for it), rock climbing and camping too. Nature inspires me creatively and 'spiritually' (for lack of a better word) so I also like taking photos and writing outside.

#31 ·
I loooove to go camping/backpacking. I love nature in general, and love to be one with it. I don't have pictures now, but I will try to post some when I can. I love taking pictures on camping/backpacking trips.

#36 ·
Yeah, I bought some land about 30 minutes out of town about 15 years ago. Here's a shot of my house and a few samples of what various spots in my 'yard' look like . . . .

[insert pictures]
That's your house?! That's paradise! You lucky bastard...

Anyway, I LLLOOOVVVEEE being in contact with nature! Unfortunately, I live in one of the most polluted cities in the world (São Paulo, Brasil), so there's not much nature to be seen... However, right outside my school there is a big forested area, so I go there whenever I have the chance. It is a pretty abandoned place, so no one ever disturbs me, and the only people who occasionally go there are too busy smoking pot to care. Anyway, its a lovely, lonely place.

#33 ·
yeah! I love hiking camping hunting snowboarding. I used to hunt more than i do now but I grew a little tired of killing bambis.

#34 ·
I LOVE to be outside.
On my days off from work I am almost always fishing the trout streams around my hometown.
I just started fly fishing and LOVEEEEE it. It is a beautiful sport...art if you will.
I really enjoy going for long walks and bike rides everyday I can.
Being up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere is my favorite spot to be.
I wanna move out west at some point...after I'm done with nursing school...
I've always told my friends that I wanted to live in a teepee in the mountains :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.