Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, for those of you who don't know anything about me, I'll just say I'm happy 15 year old girl in a healthy family with nice friends who only ever has to worry about school.

Well, mostly. There are exceptions, like few days ago. That one actually brought me to ask this question, but I can't really say what it is. A promise. In short, I and bunch of my (surprisingly nearly all NT) friends did something stupid, which went way better than expected, but was kinda irresponsible of us and could have ended... duh. Don't wanna think about that. It's hard to go around the story, so I'll cut it there.

Anyways, I realized that I started to worry much more about other people than I do about myself. Well, ofc, I use Fe, not Fi and I sorta always knew that. I always thought and spoke I would put others in front of myself, but I never really got a chance to do so. But now that I did, I seem to be driven by my Fe to help others, no matter the rational thoughts about consequences it might bring. Ti seems as merely a tool for my Fe to find a logical way to do things. Something like that.

Maybe Fe is just new to me and I don't know how to handle it. I know 15 is too young for it to be really developed, but I feel it is. I'm sure I'm an ENTP, I fit every description, I scored ENTP on all the tests, and none of the other types suits me as much. I also always score Ne-Ti-Fe when I do cognitive functions test, in that exact order. Maybe my mom (ENFJ) influenced me to develop it earlier or something?

How strong is Fe in your life? And I'm talking on basing your decisions on it, not social skills.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l went through a phase around 16-17 where l was hypersocial and extremely concerned with the group/social politics.

Had l not been trolly at times, you might have mistaken me for an ENFJ (maybe l still looked like on xD).

l've even become a bit Mean Girlish at times lol. l was never able to take it seriously enough to become truly vapid, though.

edit: my point was mostly that l think life events trigger the development...although it would enevitably happen anyway, some people say Fe was apparent by 12 or 13 for them.

lf you develop Fe suddenly and you never really needed it before, maybe it would be hyperactive.

Reactions: DeathRipper

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I actually feel like Fe develops faster in female ENTP's than male, just because of necessity. Guys tend to be more direct, girls use emotional manipulation and fight dirty. And you're expected to have Fe because gender stereotypes, and I think it's easier to grow into something when it's expected in you.

For me I would say that Fe is something I can use well. I control it, it doesn't control me. I'm often thinking "Alright, this is a situation where I should probably help out"
The exception being with close insecure friends. I really hate how the little things can make them feel terrible, so I try and counter-act that best I can.

Though, comparing it to my INFJ friend I don't use it that much. I mentioned her recently to my friend in a skype conversation, and her Fe is different. This was in response to her sitting with me and my ESTJ friend and being annoyed with how big our class was. My friend said "I was amused when Karena came over to us and shared our feelings" and I replied "Yeah, she's super super introverted. The difference is Karena is a better person than we are, so even if she doesn't like someone she'll talk to them, and be nice to them, and even invite them places."

I don't really feel that so much.
But comparing this to the friend I was talking to, who's an ESTJ, I'm more sympathetic than she is. She tends to feel like anyone who's being emotional is overreacting.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
^Very much this, too. lf you do hang out with mostly other girls.

Emotional intelligence is ''intelligence'' to other teen girls(in groups, anyway), they don't recognize anything else and you will be manipulated and pawned if you don't develop it lol.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
H
Maybe Fe is just new to me and I don't know how to handle it. I know 15 is too young for it to be really developed, but I feel it is. I'm sure I'm an ENTP, I fit every description, .
as noted, you are female, and fe develops much earlier in women.
also, as i'm sure you are aware, your IQ and general intelligence is VERY high, and you are not self centered. Therefore, you will mature faster than your age peers.

Your writing gives your intelligence away. The questions you pose are more appropriate for a late 20's mentality.

Smart person you are.

Reactions: DeathRipper

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, everyone. ^ ^

@OMG WTF BRO
It's pretty much what you said in the first post, except I don't usually have Mean Girlish moments. I also thought people might mistake me for ENFJ recently, although I'd never type myself as such. But I do appear like that, to people who don't know me. I guess you're right. It's been slowly developed during past year, mainly showing in social skills improvement, but something triggered it recently and left me somewhat confused. I suppose it's natural, maybe it's not even overactive, just normally active, but I'm not used to it.

@sighcantthinkofaname
Oddly enough, I mainly hang out with male NTJs, so one would assume I don't need it as much, although there are few NFJs in the group (2 confirmed). I have yet to meet another ENTP in person, though, so I can't say if the gender matters to Fe development, but it somehow makes sense.

Yes, it was more or less like that for me. I don't feel some desire to help which I cannot control, simple laziness might stop me from doing it sometimes, but I would still go to extremes. It's like, when it's normal circumstances I'm like you, but when it's a crisis for both me and my friend, my friend is nearly always in front of me. I may consider his/her issue unimportant or easily solvable or one that won't leave consequences and thus put myself to the front, but unless that's the case I'm just overrun by Fe and Ti serves only to find me the most logical way to satisfy Fe's desires. Although I more of relate to NTJs than NFJs I hang out with, even although they use Te-Fi.

@drmiller100
:blushed::blushed::blushed:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts