Personality Cafe banner

Overcoming Rejection

3775 11
I think the biggest hindrance to me forming new and positive friendships and engaging in romantic relationships has been a dominating fear of rejection from other people.

I don't know why but I've always seemed to inspire hatred in other people. Its gotten to the point where it feels like people disliking me is inevitable, as if its a perception I have to actively fight to change. Projections? Self fulfilling prophecy? Probably both and then some.

And its hijacked my life.

I'm not asking for advice really, just venting . .

I figure the best place to start is with women. Fuck rejection, right? If they reject me its their loss and I'm stronger for it.

I want to get to the point where I can engage in social situations and not have rejection lingering in the background, influencing everything I do. I just want to be myself.

Why is that so fucking difficult?
Reactions: clear moon
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I relate. I don't have any answers for you, but I just loved the way you said that one line: "I just want to be myself."
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.