Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Earlier today I was thinking about Overwatch (a video game) and wondered what MBTI types the characters in the game would be. So far, I have:

Widowmaker: INTJ
Junkrat: ENFJ? ENTP?
Hanzo: ISTJ
Zenyatta: INFP
Soldier 76: ENTJ? INFJ?
Tracer: ENFP? ESFP?
Symmetra: ISFP
Winston: ENTP

That's all I have for now, sorry I don't have them all at the moment.

Sorry if my typings seem inaccurate! I'm quite new to MBTI and i'm not too sure what all 16 personality types are yet. Being honest, I'm not too sure what my type even is.

Hopefully some of you will find this interesting to discuss. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Nice! This seems fun. Here's my take on it :)!

• Widowmaker: Seems more like an ISTP, in my opinion. Very precise and professional.
  • Sombra: ENTP? ENFP? Her mind seems to be all over the place
  • Winston: INTP'ish.
  • Symmetra: Has a cold demeanor and seemingly intelligent. Fi on the lower end of her function stack. ISTJ? INTJ? Maybe a very cerebral INTP with an underdeveloped Fe.
  • Soldier 76: Leader type, but seemingly traditional and stuck to the past, ESTJ?
  • Tracer: ENFP.
  • Junkrat: ENTP.
  • Zenyatta: INFP or INFJ (harmony seeking)?
  • Hanzo: Oddly philosophical with his quotes and a lone wolf, yet very traditional. For now, currently unknown.
  • Genji: Similar to Hanzo. Also unknown.
  • Mercy: Fe and seemingly Ni, based on her love for science. INFJ?
  • Dva: Fi on the lower end? Type: "gremlin".
  • Zarya: Te on the upper end of the function stack?
  • Lucio: ENFP? ESFP?
  • Pharrah: ISTJ.
  • Torbjorn: INTP, INTJ?
  • Mcree: ESTP? ISTP?
  • Reaper: ISTP?
  • Bastion: ISFP?
  • Ana: ISTP?
  • Mei: ISFJ?
  • Roadhog: *no idea, atm*
  • Reinhardt: Traditional with a big friendly heart. ISFJ?

What do you guys think :)?
*Someone improve this list, and fill in the blanks*

Reactions: solusmilitia

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I did this in another thread so having a thread to properly argue this is great!

Here's what I came up with. If you need my reasonings behind them I'm happy to provide (unless there are question marks next to them then in which case my argument is flimsy)
  • Bastion: ISFJ
    Mostly just a Si/Fe vibe... but you can't get much else from Bastion. How much of him is programmed...?
  • Widowmaker: ESTP
    Definitely Se dom, too calculated to be F.
  • Tracer: ENFP
    Textbook ENFP.
  • Genji: ISFP
    Fi makes sense in his younger years, pushing against the family clan, not letting others sway him and then finding his sense of self on a spiritual journey.
  • Hanzo: ISTJ
    Definitely a Si dom, definitely a thinker.
  • Winston: ENFJ
    I guess you could argue he's a thinker but honestly I think he's just a very logical feeler and he seems to be Fe, it's all about the community of overwatch and coming together to work as a unit for him. Ni makes sense for his way of logic. He could be an introvert.
  • Lucio: ESFP
    No fighting me on this one. He's definitely a sensor. Everything about him screams the 'entertainer' role too. Fi for his strong freedom fighter morals and Se for his enthusiastic love for adreneline fueled lifestyle and sports.
  • Mercy: ESFJ
    Fe, no doubt. I don't see N in her.
  • Zenyatta: INFJ
    Textbook INFJ
  • Soldier 76: ISTJ?
  • Ana: ESFP?
  • Pharah: ESTJ?
  • Reinhardt: ESFJ
  • D.va: ESTP
  • Mei: INTJ?
  • Junkrat: ENTP
    Ne works for the random madness of him. Ti works for his creations. ENTPs possibly most likely to do reckless things just to see what would happen?
  • Reaper: ISFJ?
    No doubt he's an introvert. He hates people, he wants to vanish... He may be a perceiver, I can accept that but his actions are definitely feeling based. I don't get any sense of Fi from him.
  • McCree: ESFP?
    Mostly basing this on his egotistocal nature and acting... seems like Fi, not Fi dom, that's for sure though, immature Fi.
  • Zarya: ESTJ
  • Sombra: ENFP
    A twisted ENFP but she is totally who I'd be if I were evil. She's so fun. I think we can all agree that there's no doubt that she's Ne dom, reason for her practical joking side and her ways of seeing the world.
  • Symmetra: ISTJ
    Te is pretty a given with her isn't it? Te to the point of OCD and perfection.
  • Roadhog: ESTP
    Hard one to pin down... Se because I have no hint that he doesn't just react to the environment and the now. Ti mostly because there seems to be nothing that suggests feeling fuels his actions... but then who's to say he's healthy?
  • Torbjorn: ISTP
    Ti for contraptions. Also seems to be how he bases his moral code based on pulling apart things and working out what's logical...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Winston: ENFJ
I guess you could argue he's a thinker but honestly I think he's just a very logical feeler and he seems to be Fe, it's all about the community of overwatch and coming together to work as a unit for him. Ni makes sense for his way of logic. He could be an introvert.
Mercy: ESFJ
Fe, no doubt. I don't see N in her.
Zenyatta: INFJ
Textbook INFJ
Soldier 76: ISTJ?
Pharah: ESTJ?
Mei: INTJ?
Reaper: ISFJ?
No doubt he's an introvert. He hates people, he wants to vanish... He may be a perceiver, I can accept that but his actions are definitely feeling based. I don't get any sense of Fi from him.
McCree: ESFP?
Mostly basing this on his egotistocal nature and acting... seems like Fi, not Fi dom, that's for sure though, immature Fi.
Symmetra: ISTJ
Te is pretty a given with her isn't it? Te to the point of OCD and perfection.
Roadhog: ESTP
Hard one to pin down... Se because I have no hint that he doesn't just react to the environment and the now. Ti mostly because there seems to be nothing that suggests feeling fuels his actions... but then who's to say he's healthy?
[/LIST]
I think I agree on Winston; he seems a bit more extroverted than introverted.

Considering how she did things that no doctor had done, Mercy seems like she could potentially be an N. I'm sure that some of the stuff that she did took some intuition.

What makes you type Zenyatta as a feeler rather than a thinker?

I'd say ISTP for Soldier: 76; however, I bet he was closer to an ESTJ back when he was Morrison.

Pharah definitely seems to be an SJ. I think that F and I are both possible for her, but I'd lean towards ESTJ as well.

Mei seems more like a feeler than a thinker; I'd go with INFJ.

Reaper doesn't seem much like a judger.

I think McCree might be a thinker rather than a feeler and I'm not sure how extroverted he is.

Symmetra seems to be closer to an INTJ. She's definitely a TJ and I'm pretty confident that she's introverted, but the creativity of her ideas seems to show her being an N rather than an S.

Roadhog is difficult, I agree with that lol, but I think he fits better as an introvert. I definitely agree with the SP, but I honestly can't say whether or not he should be labeled as a T or an F (I'd lean towards T though).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts