Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Maybe not twice as strong, but still strong, and I feel just as unable to do anything about it. You sound like you are fishing for a more specific reply then the generality of your question would suggest though. What are your feelings besides simply that they overwhelm you? What are they about? What events surround them? If you can give that much background, perhaps it is easier for some of us, or just me in particular, to relate.

Most overwhelming to me is feeling lonely and so very emotional some mornings. I am reactive, as though cranky, and overall it is feeling of frustration like being unable to get comfortable. I am lucky if I am blessed with the sudden sensation of my eyes watering from time to time. It robs my energy and I have to talk myself up to things, to concentrating, to thinking, to relaxing. Everything is hard and unnatural. I feel I just want to fall to my knees and for my body to liquefy. I want only to hide in the deepest darkest corner. I want badly to be held close, to be helped, to be saved. That is the feeling of it. My mind will run like an engine which does not have the oil to keep from wearing on itself, or coolant to keep from overheating, but it is like something someone has neglected and does not care anything about or for. It must take the grace of God for me to take any foothold here and gently help myself into a better condition. The problem does not seem to have any cause at all, but it just happens, and I am to be patient and learn maybe to take better care of myself.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
Can't recall the last time I've been overwhelmed with negative feelings, but I do get overwhelmed with positive ones. Overwhelmed probably isn't the word I want to use in that case, though. Those moments always feel pretty good.
Oh thank god for this. I am the same in that negative, I really can't remember the last time, but positive yes. In another way, I do get overwhelmed if I have too much stimuli coming in (loud music, hot weather, humid weather, too many people, too much talking, flashing bright lights) then I just take care of myself by fixing the environment & taking control of the situation.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Can't recall the last time I've been overwhelmed with negative feelings, but I do get overwhelmed with positive ones. Overwhelmed probably isn't the word I want to use in that case, though. Those moments always feel pretty good.
For me, I've been overwhelmed by both negative and positive feelings before. But these days I am alot better at psyching out the negative feelings; I think that is something we learn as we grow older. I used to have panic attacks late at night during a period of time in my life... but these days those days are long over. So i'm actually 'overwhelmed', it's usually by the positive ones.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
yeah it's like something inside of me that tries to consume me. like this rushing wind sensation that comes over me...

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
But these days I am alot better at psyching out the negative feelings; I think that is something we learn as we grow older.
I believe this is the reason I haven't been having problems with negative feelings. There are definitely things in my life that have the ability to cause negative feelings, but it's like I just don't care. I can sit here and think about all my problems and not have a single negative feeling flow through me. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about my problems, though.

You guys gotta stop letting the negative feelings get to you. You may not be able to control how you feel, but you can control how your feelings affect you. Just stop for a second and ask yourself, "Why am I feeling this way?" There is always a logical explanation. Things will get easier once you find and understand that explanation.

As for those of you who'd rather wallow in it, disregard everything I just said.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe this is the reason I haven't been having problems with negative feelings. There are definitely things in my life that have the ability to cause negative feelings, but it's like I just don't care. I can sit here and think about all my problems and not have a single negative feeling flow through me. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about my problems, though.

You guys gotta stop letting the negative feelings get to you. You may not be able to control how you feel, but you can control how your feelings affect you. Just stop for a second and ask yourself, "Why am I feeling this way?" There is always a logical explanation. Things will get easier once you find and understand that explanation.

As for those of you who'd rather wallow in it, disregard everything I just said.
I'm Working on that,it's something I really need to do. I sort of just either let
the negative things build up and explode or let them consume me.
I'm growing and learning how to control all the feelings I have everyday,
I think that's the problem with being a feeler is feeling the negative so strongly.

Although it does feel amazing when the Postive things in life comes through.
I try everyday to live for the positive and to be an optimist.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts