Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
ISTP ∆ 9w8 7w6 3w2
803 Posts
Oh hey :D yeah I have no idea but it's actually a pretty interesting thought... Do a questionnaire or something?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I should probably sleep now, but I'll be back in 7 to 10 hours from now.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
*will quickly try to flip out the questionnaire Stopwatch did and then sleep*

·
Registered
ISTP ∆ 9w8 7w6 3w2
803 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Female, 22, *will be graduating in less than a month or so* It's very early in the morning, and I should probably be sleeping now.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16977515757/in/explore-2015-04-18

There's some fog and mist in the trees. It's a nice earthy view. It's lonely and quiet, but it's that kind of isolation or alone state that I'm likely drawn to when I want to be alone with nature. It seems peaceful. It's not too dark out so it would not be like I would be surprised or anything. I could get lost, but that wouldn't be an issue as long as it was peaceful enough to be thoroughly enjoyable. I like the colors. There would likely be musty or wooded scent in the air.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Can I fix it on my own?
If yes, I do so.
If not, can any of my friends repair it?
If yes, they should fix it.
If not, then who do we or any of us individually know who can fix it?
*searches phone contacts for possible contacts*
Do I know the area that we have stopped in?
If yes, then I'll likely have a contact to call, or if it is in a town of sorts then be able to walk or run to a near by place to get it fixed.
If not, then it might be harder to find someone to pick us up or fix the car.
*looks around at where we've stopped* Is there anything in the area that can help us? (people, phone booth lol, store etc.)
If yes, talk to the people or call for help or hitch hike.
If no, can we physically walk or run there?
If yes, do so.
If not, maybe reassess the problem and see if there is a macgyver way to fix the problem. (and my thoughts would continue in similar like pattern)

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It'll depend on who I'm going to see if I'd likely want to go to the after party afterwards or not. It would also depend on my energy levels after the concert. I do enjoy dancing, but there might be too many drinks, creepers, or generally too many other people there that it wouldn't hold my attention or interest. Plus, besides all that I wouldn't want to dance unless I had a few friends along with me to hang out with and make it more enjoyable. I'd probably find another way home if possible. Or at least that would be the case if my friends don't encourage me to stay.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

This question might not really exist if I find a way another way home. Or who's to say I'm not the driver. I mean what if I was the driver then I could kick the person out of the car for their beliefs (lol I wouldn't do that though). It would depend on if I'm driving the car or not. If I'm driving, I might tense up a bit and just ignore it. If I'm a passenger, I might say something to counter it or just wait until I can confront this single person in private. Or for all I know I'd likely have fallen asleep or zoned out of the conversation as it is late that we are getting back.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would consider their point of view and try to analyze where they are coming from, but then also counter with my own thoughts and reasons behind what I consider or hold as my beliefs. If it was an idea or belief I was hearing for the first time, I'd probably think through it for a longer about of time.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

This will take forever to write out or assess as a lot of times they are changing. I'll answer this after I have slept some.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)I always see possibilities in people that reach far beyond what they may be actually capable of. Take mafia for example, I'll always have that one or more obscure conclusion that these people are the mafia team because x and y factors would be so clever that it would be unfortunate if such and such team never existed.
In summary, I see possibilities or ideas out side of most peoples reach.
b)My lack of motivation towards things that have lost meaning or significance. I would like to have motivation in almost all areas of my life, but lately college school work has been extremely hard in the terms dedicating time to work on the school work in order to graduate in the next month.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I get them sometimes, but a lot of times I tend to over-think them. But then a lot of time if I can actually decipher them from my thoughts, they tend to be something that is of importance, needed, or desired. :unsure:

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)Activities that stimulate fun
b)Activities that force a person to do work

The why should be easily understood.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I try to repress sexual urges because I'm still sort of religious and trying to save sex for marriage. I censor a lot my naughty jokes or any cussing that tends to slip into my head. *tries think if I repress anything else* The why is mostly out image I guess or not wanting people to see me in that light or feeling shameful or guilty or acting in certain manner or way.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I'd actually tend toward Ti-aux over Ti-dom, to be honest. It's the way you talk about seeing fun. That's generally a sign of extraverted perception-dominance. Also, the way you jumped into this without trying to make sense of the forum and the way it works. ENTP feels more right, given your answers.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd actually tend toward Ti-aux over Ti-dom, to be honest. It's the way you talk about seeing fun. That's generally a sign of extraverted perception-dominance. Also, the way you jumped into this without trying to make sense of the forum and the way it works. ENTP feels more right, given your answers.
I was first typed as an INFP then as an ISFP. I was led to believe that I was a Fi-dom for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't say I would have read your answers here as those of an Fi-dom. But I do think you're most likely an Ne-dom.
I don't know if I can really see myself as an extrovert though, unless I'm more so on of those rare quiet extroverts. I mean I do talk a lot to a certain extent, but I guess I just don't really know anymore.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I don't know if I can really see myself as an extrovert though, unless I'm more so on of those rare quiet extroverts. I mean I do talk a lot to a certain extent, but I guess I just don't really know anymore.
Ne-doms are often called the introverted extroverts. Ne is happy to play with patterns for stimulation, which doesn't necessarily have to be outside themselves. Most other extroverts need to go outside themselves for stimulation and energy.

And anyway you can be a social introvert and a cognitive extrovert. It just depends on if you'd rather be focused on your inner self or things outside.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Female, 22, *will be graduating in less than a month or so* It's very early in the morning, and I should probably be sleeping now.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16977515757/in/explore-2015-04-18

There's some fog and mist in the trees. It's a nice earthy view. It's lonely and quiet, but it's that kind of isolation or alone state that I'm likely drawn to when I want to be alone with nature. It seems peaceful. It's not too dark out so it would not be like I would be surprised or anything. I could get lost, but that wouldn't be an issue as long as it was peaceful enough to be thoroughly enjoyable. I like the colors. There would likely be musty or wooded scent in the air.

Pe, more likely Se. There's nothing resembling Ne-Si in here at all - your perception is purely objective.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Can I fix it on my own?
If yes, I do so.
If not, can any of my friends repair it?
If yes, they should fix it.
If not, then who do we or any of us individually know who can fix it?
*searches phone contacts for possible contacts*
Do I know the area that we have stopped in?
If yes, then I'll likely have a contact to call, or if it is in a town of sorts then be able to walk or run to a near by place to get it fixed.
If not, then it might be harder to find someone to pick us up or fix the car.
*looks around at where we've stopped* Is there anything in the area that can help us? (people, phone booth lol, store etc.)
If yes, talk to the people or call for help or hitch hike.
If no, can we physically walk or run there?
If yes, do so.
If not, maybe reassess the problem and see if there is a macgyver way to fix the problem. (and my thoughts would continue in similar like pattern)

It's interesting, because I love to take the piss out of long step-by-step explanations as above - and use them for comedic reasons. I'll assume you are being serious on this; in which case I'm led to Te. It also seems very singularly focused; further hinting at Se-Ni.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

It'll depend on who I'm going to see if I'd likely want to go to the after party afterwards or not. It would also depend on my energy levels after the concert. I do enjoy dancing, but there might be too many drinks, creepers, or generally too many other people there that it wouldn't hold my attention or interest. Plus, besides all that I wouldn't want to dance unless I had a few friends along with me to hang out with and make it more enjoyable. I'd probably find another way home if possible. Or at least that would be the case if my friends don't encourage me to stay.

I second the notion that this may suggest Pe-dominance. You're talking here about external stimulation; as if that is your primary focus. This is a little vague, however. Could your description of a behavioural algorithm hint at some form of Si?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

This question might not really exist if I find a way another way home. Or who's to say I'm not the driver. I mean what if I was the driver then I could kick the person out of the car for their beliefs (lol I wouldn't do that though). It would depend on if I'm driving the car or not. If I'm driving, I might tense up a bit and just ignore it. If I'm a passenger, I might say something to counter it or just wait until I can confront this single person in private. Or for all I know I'd likely have fallen asleep or zoned out of the conversation as it is late that we are getting back.

This starts to change my perceptions; I spot quite a few signs of Ne in here, and Fi seems more likely than Ti.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I would consider their point of view and try to analyze where they are coming from, but then also counter with my own thoughts and reasons behind what I consider or hold as my beliefs. If it was an idea or belief I was hearing for the first time, I'd probably think through it for a longer about of time.

Strong Ne, wanderer mentality. I maintain that this is Fi.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

This will take forever to write out or assess as a lot of times they are changing. I'll answer this after I have slept some.

This is more prominent in Fi than many realize. After all, Fi interacts with external stimuli and its judgments can change on a whim.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a)I always see possibilities in people that reach far beyond what they may be actually capable of. Take mafia for example, I'll always have that one or more obscure conclusion that these people are the mafia team because x and y factors would be so clever that it would be unfortunate if such and such team never existed.
In summary, I see possibilities or ideas out side of most peoples reach.
b)My lack of motivation towards things that have lost meaning or significance. I would like to have motivation in almost all areas of my life, but lately college school work has been extremely hard in the terms dedicating time to work on the school work in order to graduate in the next month.

Your answer to a) seems straight forwardly Ne. b) is interesting; it sounds like a very interesting form of Si. Si is drawn to the rich, subjective meanings of things - and perhaps this is magnified by the rich possibilities of Ne: which is fundamentally metaphysical.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I get them sometimes, but a lot of times I tend to over-think them. But then a lot of time if I can actually decipher them from my thoughts, they tend to be something that is of importance, needed, or desired. :unsure:

Sounds exactly like me.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a)Activities that stimulate fun
b)Activities that force a person to do work

The why should be easily understood.

Lol lazy layabouts
:tongue:. Pe-dom.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I try to repress sexual urges because I'm still sort of religious and trying to save sex for marriage. I censor a lot my naughty jokes or any cussing that tends to slip into my head. *tries think if I repress anything else* The why is mostly out image I guess or not wanting people to see me in that light or feeling shameful or guilty or acting in certain manner or way.

Fi-Si, I think. I could see this as something else if other answers hinted it.

I think you're ENFP.

·
Registered
ISTP ∆ 9w8 7w6 3w2
803 Posts
I did number 1 too for the lols. Again.
There's a path... ooh look, a person. and fog. Yay, mysteriousness. Is that a word? Still a couple of leaves on the trees. Why aren't there leaf piles on the ground? So confused right now. Oh wait maybe those are leaf piles... huh, they're flat. Um. Trees grow really straight and all to the same height - in a nice orderly queue, so it must be Britain :p Oh wait I'm meant to be psychoanalysing Owner, not the trees, aren't I :dry:

Um. Idk about ISTP but I am sensing bits of Ti scattered in this. It's also kind of N-ish imo. But don't quote me on that.
*waits for the experts to arrive*

Reactions: Lizabeth

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
I already have an idea but I want to focus on your questionnaire and all that I see in you and our past conversations, just so that I can give you a good answer. Or something that at least resembles one.

One thing I want to clarify is that cognitive extroversion doesn't necessarily translate into behavioral and social extroversion, it's mainly your primary instinct that guides your thinking patterns. A function like Ne won't be automatically translated into an extremely bubbly social attitude, not even in the most 7 of all 7s.

The only cases where this holds true are feeling functions, Fi-doms are the most socially introverted of introverts while Fe-doms are the typical extroverts who need to be around people with the shortest 'alone time' needs. The ennegram (and obviously personal illnesses and individual traits) can play a part, I'm a nightmareish level of avoidant and closed off.

I don't think you're a Ti-user and I'd rule out INFP entirely, ISFP as well perhaps.
So far I can see both ENFP and ESFP working but, like I said, I need a bit more time.

Pe-dom, not Ji-dom.
Let me know if you're interested in an enneagram check too.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't have a precise idea... Actually I don't know so well MBTI to be able to guess your type.
What I read in your answers, though, doesn't sound exactly like something I would answer. Or, at least not in that way.
For what I know about you I have always had a Fi vibe too, and I would have bet extrovert more than introverse, but my vibes and gut feelings suck, so...
Have you ever taken some MBTI test? Recently?
Why do you think you could be a Ti dom?
About the intp-istp I took this test once INTP or ISTP Test - CelebrityTypes.com.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Hi peoples/mafia sentient beings, *Owner thinks she might actually be a Ti-dom so INTP or ISTP? Owner requests help and logics with this retyping endeavor* Any thoughts about which one I would likely be over the other would be much appreciated.
@Alles_Paletti @Dalton @Hotaru @cue5c @Stopwatch @lost monkey @Lunagattina @hawkataine @girlinthemoon @Dyslexicon @Sonny @Expy @snowbell @QuickTwist @Pucca @StaceofBass @J Squirrel @bellisaurius
I feel so left out.... :unsure:

1 - 20 of 146 Posts