Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to increase the number of weird threads on here xD

Is there anyone here who has studied this art? I have studied palmistry and divination in teens, abandoned it for the reason that there are way too many interpretations to all kinds of lines, and you can interpret anything in any way. Still I experience some fascination with it. I think people's hands are beautiful, they are alike a second face, and can reflect people's mental and emotional states, even intents and state of health. Hence why I still have the pull to study it once in a while.

Anyways if anyone has any experience I have been having trouble finding interpretation for this one line. It starts in the outer side of the palm, between the tail of head line and beginnings of heart line, then it curves up, crosses the heart line and rises towards the ring finger. None of the pictures and prints that I've seen so far depict it or name what it is. I can't believe I'm the only one who has it >.<

·
Registered
644 Posts
Oh, I knew all about this stuff as a kid.

I can't remember it all now, only what the life line is. I think I have the line you mention though, if I am interpreting what you have writen correctly. I doubt that knowledge is of much use though!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I don't believe in any of it...it's facinating and there was time when I looked into all of this kind of stuff as well as Wicca and Astrology. But there came a point where I realised the majority of it was built upong coincidence and it just can not be proven scientifically. I think the same about Palmistry and divination. They are all pretty much the same: predicting the future and death. I just don't think it's possible, even if deep down I would love to believe it could be real.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I consider it mumbo jumbo, but I did mathematics and physics at uni, so I might not be fit for a seat in the target audience...
If the future can be predicted, how come none of the fortune tellers or clairvoyants can tell me next week's lottery numbers? Oh, of course - it is not for such trivial purposes, but for the more spiritual minded... Oh well.

But seriously, palmistry is sooo last century - if you really want to know your future, you have to look at the intestines of a recently slaughtered goat (or a chicken if you're cheap, but that will only give you the future for the next 12 days).

Sorry, no. Don't believe in it.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I remember a similar palmistry-oriented thread awhile back, asking people if they have a "mystic cross" on their palms (of which I have two- one on either hand)

Palmistry seems like a fun gig, but all in all it's just another divining method that makes me out to be supernatural. > <

I'm having a hard time visualizing the line you mean. Why don't you run a quick pic through MS Paint? If you're on a PC, that is.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm having a hard time visualizing the line you mean. Why don't you run a quick pic through MS Paint? If you're on a PC, that is.
It looks like this:

Only mine actually continues almost up to the ring finger. I wasn't able to take a picture of it, not enough light here.

This is apparently hand of Dalai Lama and the interpretation it was given is that this is apparently Line of Apollo. Line of Apollo is associated with the potential of being successful, potential to achieve in life, also associated with having some kind of talent. But most Apollo lines start from the heart line or the head line and run right up to the ring finger. So I didn't realize that this is actually Apollo line because it started out in this weird place from outside the palm. But I posted this on another forum and someone there said "oh its the sun line that sometimes starts on Upper Mars mount". Upper Mars is associated with competitiveness and aggression, so the interpretation for having your Apollo line start there is apparently as follows:

- “If the Apollo line begins from the plane or the mounts of Mars, the indications for success are from stugle and conflict. If it starts on the mounts, this will indicate that the subject’s fighting spirit plays a great part in his or her success.”

- If a line of Apollo rises from a good Upper Mount of Mars, the subject will, by the display of calmness, resignation, resistance, and the fact that he does not allow himself to become discouraged, achieve success and reputation.

Anyways an inspiration for me to never give up ^^

... But seriously, palmistry is sooo last century - if you really want to know your future, you have to look at the intestines of a recently slaughtered goat (or a chicken if you're cheap, but that will only give you the future for the next 12 days).
sometimes you run out of goats, and chickens for that matter, and have to turn to more conventional methods ^^

·
Registered
644 Posts
I don't belive in it either, but it is good fun.

I found it far more interesting than the stuff for predicting your future in girly mags. Ironicly, especially the ones that told you what sort of personality you had. lol I wasn't into them at all, so I'd distract my friends from that sort of thing by offering to read their palms. I even did a school project on it.

I did lots of school projects on the supernatural. My mum was really into it in her teens, and actually drove around in a hurse with a neon skelengton painted on the side, got drnk in graveyards, and hunted for ghosts. She found my dad instead, poor woman. :tongue: That rubbed off on me, and I used to scare other kids with my retellings of ghost stories she told me.

My INFJ friend can do a bit of tarot card reading, and she isn't into mystic stuff at all either. If we thought it was real I think we'd be too scared to mess with it.

The facination comes from the percived fictional eliment. We are both also really interested in ancient religions and myths for the same reason.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
Oooh that's really odd. I just looked at that picture and looked at my hand and I do not have horizontal lines like that. Mine are vertical and go up to my little finger. Guess I'm not speacial :wink: hehe

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooh that's really odd. I just looked at that picture and looked at my hand and I do not have horizontal lines like that. Mine are vertical and go up to my little finger. Guess I'm not speacial :wink: hehe
If your Apollo line starts from heart line it means that you'll achieve success through kindness of heart, through being compassionate and loving, and it is also associated with a happy and supportive marriage (success though affection) albeit this kind of fulfillment may come later in life.

..., got drnk in graveyards, and hunted for ghosts. She found my dad instead, poor woman. :tongue:
lol :crazy: I've done quite a bit of ghost hunting too and divination with other kids when I was a kid, but palmistry has stuck with me longer than anything else for some reason

·
Registered
644 Posts
It looks like this:

Only mine actually continues almost up to the ring finger. I wasn't able to take a picture of it, not enough light here.

This is apparently hand of Dalai Lama and the interpretation it was given is that this is apparently Line of Apollo. Line of Apollo is associated with the potential of being successful, potential to achieve in life, also associated with having some kind of talent. But most Apollo lines start from the heart line or the head line and run right up to the ring finger. So I didn't realize that this is actually Apollo line because it started out in this weird place from outside the palm. But I posted this on another forum and someone there said "oh its the sun line that sometimes starts on Upper Mars mount". Upper Mars is associated with competitiveness and aggression, so the interpretation for having your Apollo line start there is apparently as follows:

- “If the Apollo line begins from the plane or the mounts of Mars, the indications for success are from stugle and conflict. If it starts on the mounts, this will indicate that the subject’s fighting spirit plays a great part in his or her success.”

- If a line of Apollo rises from a good Upper Mount of Mars, the subject will, by the display of calmness, resignation, resistance, and the fact that he does not allow himself to become discouraged, achieve success and reputation.

Anyways an inspiration for me to never give up ^^
So it's the same as The Sun Line? (Hah! it comes back to me now...with the aid of google images) Yes I definatly have one and it touches my ring finger too, merginging into the crease at the top. It's difficult to tell how long mine is as it connects back to my Destiny Line where it gets muddled. It seems to fork there, with one part touching my Life Line. However it is quite faint after it touches my Destiny/Fate Line, so I am not sure if it counts...

I don't know anything about Mounts though, lol.

I shall google this for fun, and see what it means in my case.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, Sun Line, Line of Apollo, Line of success. From what I read - "It increases the success given by a good line of fate, and gives distinction to life when it is in accordance with the work and career given by the other lines of the hand; otherwise it merely relates to creative temperament. The line of Sun may rise from the line of Life, the Mount of Luna, the Plain of Mars, the Line of Head, or the Line of Heart."

I'm not sure what it means if your Apollo line starts from life line. According to what I read Apollo line must have an independent beginning to be considered a true line. If there are off-shots from life line or fate line towards the ring finger those are called chance lines but they are not line of Apollo. They can merge with this line though, but I'm not sure what this means.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep, Sun Line, Line of Apollo, Line of success. From what I read - "It increases the success given by a good line of fate, and gives distinction to life when it is in accordance with the work and career given by the other lines of the hand; otherwise it merely relates to creative temperament. The line of Sun may rise from the line of Life, the Mount of Luna, the Plain of Mars, the Line of Head, or the Line of Heart."

I'm not sure what it means if your Apollo line starts from life line. According to what I read Apollo line must have an independent beginning to be considered a true line. If there are off-shots from life line or fate line towards the ring finger those are called chance lines but they are not line of Apollo. They can merge with this line though, but I'm not sure what this means.
Google privides the anwsers!

Aparently; if it rises from the Fate line, then it simply adds to sucess in that area, and is not a true Appollo line.

(which is what I am taking my hand to do, as it gets to vague to be sure.)

So, I am not special like Gandi, all the awsomeness is yours, Vel. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
hey is there anyway we can get people to post pictures of their palms on here or is that invasion of privacy...
:proud:

my hand is SOOO effin crazy. I have a gazillion lines on it... I am always looking at other peoples hands and I think... boring...
I have about three life lines and weird intersections and stuff.

I was told the cross is on the lower side of the bottom of your hand opposite the side of the thummb. close to wear you would see it if you karate choped someone. also up by your pinky is where the realtionship lines are, shows how many you will have and how long each one will be.

I guess i am more critical when i learn about mystical kinds of stuff but typically when i was growing up i believed in it full heartedly or would at least kind of relate to it better than "normal" knowledge.

however i saw a lot of "sales technique" in things I read and basically stick to hearing about peoples ghost stories for knowledge.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey is there anyway we can get people to post pictures of their palms on here or is that invasion of privacy...
:proud:

my hand is SOOO effin crazy. I have a gazillion lines on it... I am always looking at other peoples hands and I think... boring...
I have about three life lines and weird intersections and stuff.

I was told the cross is on the lower side of the bottom of your hand opposite the side of the thummb. close to wear you would see it if you karate choped someone. also up by your pinky is where the realtionship lines are, shows how many you will have and how long each one will be.

I guess i am more critical when i learn about mystical kinds of stuff but typically when i was growing up i believed in it full heartedly or would at least kind of relate to it better than "normal" knowledge.

however i saw a lot of "sales technique" in things I read and basically stick to hearing about peoples ghost stories for knowledge.
We can have a little palmistry workshop in there. That would be fun :D

You would need to post a clear print of your dominant hand. I was trying to make a picture of my palm and it just didn't work out, many lines were not visible. May be I can make a print and let you guys decide :p In a print you can see the lines clearly, like this one:

^^ this is hand of Einstein. Notice the looong multi-threaded line of Apollo running up to his ring finger starting from Mount of Luna below. This kind of formation supposedly predicts that person's potential for success lies hidden in his or her unique talent and creativity and whether a person will be able to bring out that talent from within himself or herself. Some palmists take it as far as to label "the mark of a genius". Mount of Luna is usually associated with imagination, creativity, propensity to dream.

It is true that psychics use various "sales techniques" but I don't think they are all liars who are after the money. I think a few of them might be very perceptive even gifted intuitives. Because they never had chance to study psychology they think it is some sort of magical skill. Many INFJs claim to be able to 'read people'. ENTPs claim to be able to predict that a person will say. How is this different from what the psychics do? They just sprinkle it with some more magic :tongue:

I will admit though there is some really good stuff out there in terms of the arcane.
thats the technical word for magic right?
it is arcane long forgotten knowledge of the past ...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I seem to have an Apollo line similar to Einstein's there (but mine curves up to my middle finger) I just wish I had his hair too...

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I seem to have an Apollo line similar to Einstein's there (but mine curves up to my middle finger) I just wish I had his hair too...
Apollo Line has to finish below ring finger afaik. If yours finishes below middle finger, then this is Line of Fate aka Line of Saturn. Line of Saturn can start anywhere in palm too but it runs up to middle finger or at least points in that direction. It can start on mount of luna as well. Mount of Luna is symbolic of significant external influences as well as creativity. Afaik this indicates that career of such person will be rather creative but success will also depend on other people, other people ranging from influence of opposite sex, as in being married to someone who supports you while you do your creative work, to audiences and groups of people, as in for someone who works on a stage or relies on support of various creative circles.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi Vel,

It's great to see you are knowledgeable about palmistry. I had lots of interest in palmistry, astrology and the likes when I was younger. But palmistry was too complicated and difficult for me to learn on my own simply because there were so many variations to the lines on the palm.

In the end I learned to use Yijing divination because I felt it was simpler and I could learn from my experiences without too much trouble. It would be the perfect blend with your interest in palmistry.

But at least I know if I have any palmistry questions, I can turn to you. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts