Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this goes along with the irrational fears catagory, but sometimes I think that either people or some sort of system can read my mind, and so I either think about random stuff to trow them off, or stop thinking about perverted things. I know, it's stupid, but my N just runs wild sometimes.

I also sometimes think a person or system is watching me and [if I'm alone] I'm tempted to say, I know your watching me, because if I'm alone who cares right? But, if someone actually is watching me it would really freak them out...

Anyone else have this odd paranoia thing going on?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Okay, so this goes along with the irrational fears catagory, but sometimes I think that either people or some sort of system can read my mind, and so I either think about random stuff to trow them off, or stop thinking about perverted things. I know, it's stupid, but my N just runs wild sometimes.

Yea, I sometimes get the rather irrational fear that other people can take one look at me and know exactly what I'm thinking, which makes me try really hard not to think about anything at all, which is more often than not counterproductive.

·
Registered
130 Posts
that's pretty bad, whenever I'm paranoid I can just retreat to my mind but if you're worried that you're thoughts are readable then that's uncomfortable haha.

just reassure yourself that's ridiculous lol

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I feel like I'm being watched all the time. But the biggest thing for me is I cannot look people in the eyes, I feel like they can know what I'm thinking, and that's unnerving. I just can't, not even my mother, it's okay though cause usually I can just look at their nose or forehead or something and they think I'm looking at their eyes.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
no, definitely not just an INTP thing, but it may be related to inferior function somehow

it hits me sometimes when I haven't slept enough, was under too much stress for prolonged period of time, etc. but sometimes it manifests itself as an overamplified spot-light effect (that others are paying too much attention to me than they really are) and sometimes as hypochondria i.e. I start having thoughts that I am sick with something terrible possibly due to inferior Se

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I think it could possibly be an N thing in general. :p

I get paranoid that way too, except mostly when it comes to my looks. For instance if I accidentally chomp down on my lower lip too hard and make it bleed, I end up paranoid the next day that everyone's staring at the cut on my lip and think that I have herpes or something. xD

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Oh man, YES. I tell people all the time that we live in police state.
I don't think that I am paranoid, but I do think I live in a police state. I argue the lesser points on my newspapers comment section for fun in my free time. It has gotten kinda boring because the same stories keep coming up and I am tired of the same arguments with the same police officers. My lawyer put the idea in my head years ago and told me with authority that ours is a police state. I can provide examples all day on this subject if needed, but I would rather not take this thread that far off course.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I don't think that I am paranoid, but I do think I live in a police state. I argue the lesser points on my newspapers comment section for fun in my free time. It has gotten kinda boring because the same stories keep coming up and I am tired of the same arguments with the same police officers. My lawyer put the idea in my head years ago and told me with authority that ours is a police state. I can provide examples all day on this subject if needed, but I would rather not take this thread that far off course.
new world order?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Na nothing that deep. Just ineffective DUI checkpoints used as publicity stunts for taxpayers without real results, and stuff like that. 70 year old men getting tazed multiple times, 60 year old women getting shot in their homes, no repercussions for any of these actions when performed by law enforcement but obvious murder when done by a citizen. Stuff along those lines pisses me off to no end. I totally related to the INTP stereotype of sometimes a 'problems with authority.' The fact that I worked security downtown around midnight on main street for several years and never had to really hurt anybody doesn't help suppress my opinion on needless killings and violence by law enforcement. I have police friends and they agree with many of my points but understandably they side with their fellow union members. I was union for awhile also so I can relate, but it pisses me off. When I hear about a 14 year old kid getting shot for refusing to exit a car because it is a 'deadly weapon', or a guy getting shot for going for his wallet, or family pets getting shot by the swat team for a drug bust resulting in nothing but a bong, I cannot personally justify the behavior in my mind.

I love Art Bell and Coast to Coast, new world order stuff, Alex Jones, and prisonplanet.com though. It is more fun and makes me smile more than the crap they try to feed me on cable news. Anything that happens outside of my neighborhood is usually irrelevant to my life so I might as well have fun with my media. Stuff like The Obama Deception I enjoy watching just for the counter-points. It's at 7millon views, someone must like the crap. The people that believe it fully kinda scare me in the same way that people that blanket vote for political parties year after year do.

·
Banned
349 Posts
When I'm in bad mood states, one idea that often comes to my mind is that the world is too "Te ordiented" and tries to force me to be in this way, against my nature and damaging me (because I cannot be in this way).

But I do not see this as "paranoia" because I do not feel "overwatched" or something like this. I simply see the world as a machine where I cannot match because of my different nature, I feel unable of dealing with this (I project to the world my own incompetence).

I think as some users have pointed in previous posts, this could be a general N thing, not associated specifically with one of them. Intuition generating irrational ideas/possibilities. Depending on the concrete user, these ideas coud take one form or other.

·
Registered
344 Posts
...I'm too paranoid to upgrade to a smartphone, what with all the apps and GPS thingamajigs. If I ever run afoul of the law (or am targeted by the U.S. government, since they have no compunction about making some citizens "disappear"), they'll know EXACTLY where to find me. You should see my phone; it's a relic from the flip-phone era.

I try to pay cash at most places for this same reason (well, and because I, ahem, "keep my pockets on stack"; it's nice albeit a little sketchy paying for expensive things in cash).

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'm not paranoid at all, if someone wants to watch me they have some real issues.

Reactions: thedoctorlies

·
Banned
1,068 Posts

I also sometimes think a person or system is watching me and [if I'm alone] I'm tempted to say, I know your watching me, because if I'm alone who cares right? But, if someone actually is watching me it would really freak them out...

All thoughts and feelings are recorded in the collective conciousness. So stay clean in the head! LOL!

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
yeah um no.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts

Guilty of all the above. Once after seeing an episode where several women were being spied on by their neighbors with cameras, I would look around my room for tiny hidden cameras. I got over that, though. Now I plan for velociraptor attacks.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I don't like people walking behind me. Especially when they start laughing. Then I think they're laughing at me.

The school hallways are hell -_-;

Reactions: wafflecake
1 - 20 of 66 Posts