Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow ENTP's: are you prone to paranoia?

I find myself having extremely negative feelings about my health quite often. I mean of course it happens when I'm not exactly acting to the peak of healthy living but still it gets bad where it gets me having various psychosomatic aches, pains, and lightheadedness.

Maybe I'm just unhealthy and particularly aware of it. Sigh :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I get in my head I forget to eat, sleep, and urinate every so often...

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
My fellow ENTP's: are you prone to paranoia?

I find myself having extremely negative feelings about my health quite often. I mean of course it happens when I'm not exactly acting to the peak of healthy living but still it gets bad where it gets me having various psychosomatic aches, pains, and lightheadedness.

Maybe I'm just unhealthy and particularly aware of it. Sigh :/
I am definitely prone to paranoia. I think my health is probably at the top of the list... and sometimes I have the more classic paranoia, like a car is following me (on purpose). The funny thing is, I like the second kind... it's when I go research aches and pains online that I start to get my health paranoia. I need to just go in to the doctor (finally have medical insurance), it's just a pain in the ass to find a doctor and stuff. Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow...

Reactions: tgniewek

·
Registered
584 Posts
I am very prone to paranoia! I am medicated out of much of it but it still remains some. My biggest paranoia used to be about being followed.... These paranoias also tied in with OCD, since it was a paranoid, obsessive thought that compelled me to take certain actions.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Recent paranoia, my food is poisoned. Why?
I also believe I received a fucking telepathic message in the beginning of july that said:
Humanity beware of september 12 2011
and then I find out that's when Elenin is closest to the sun. So that was creepy, I kind of am excited for it though....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haha yeah I don't like to wear the earpiece and walkie talkie at work. Just kind of creeps me out.

And also true dat, I always warn people about Big Brother but no one seems too concerned. What the hell?!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I occasionally feel I'm in the truman show, because everyone looks at me like they are waiting for me to interact with them... But usually only happens when I'm shopping... And probably look deep in thought and need help making a decision lol

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I use to be extremely paranoid when I was younger. In my mid 20s I had an epiphany. I've had survival skills like hunting & gathering, cooking, navigation and first aid drilled into my head since I was just a young kid. I've also been (formally) trained to kill if I need to, in addition to years worth of combat medic training and anti-terrorist & POW tactics, plus even though I'm probably in the worst shape of my life I'm still in better shape than most people. Chances are that whatever is out to get me won't since I'm not an easy target and I'm just way more trouble than I'm worth, that is if they can even get me before I get them. I'm still highly suspicious of pretty much everything, but without the anxiety so I wouldn't count it as paranoia.

Reactions: Souljorn

·
Registered
79 Posts
I guess you could say I'm a bit of a hypochondriact! Whenever I watch a show about cancer or something like that I'll always worry that I have it and will all of a sudden want to get extra excersise of take vitamins and all that stuff.

Whenever Im shopping or something and theres a bunch of people arround me who I am not with I feel like they're annalysing me and the I get all anxious.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I feel like this could be an effect of our NT sides, if we can't know for sure by observing then we become a little paranoid bc our mind tries to fill in what we don't know with anything. I do get paranoid at little things but it's because I can't know for sure how it happened but i think for paranoia to become detrimental to your health or behavior it has to be accompanied by a lot of anxiety and I have no anxiety.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
I get paranoid, but not so much about my health.

My paranoia manifests as extreme suspicion. I like people, and I like being around them, but i can never shake the feeling that they're hiding something, have malicious intent, or are just pretending to like me for whatever reason. As a result, I only sincerely trust about two or three people. This gets really annoying.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@DeductiveReasoner I tend not to be suspicious of people because I've come to expect a certain degree of disappointment from anyone, and I use psychology and typology to help rationalize the reasons for their transgressions. But might a picture of House be more appropriate for your avatar then?

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
@DeductiveReasoner I tend not to be suspicious of people because I've come to expect a certain degree of disappointment from anyone, and I use psychology and typology to help rationalize the reasons for their transgressions. But might a picture of House be more appropriate for your avatar then?
I'm a lot like that, too. Maybe I should have said "mistrust" rather than suspicion? Your comment about a House avatar made me chuckle.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quite, actually. It keeps us alive :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts