Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paranoia and INFPs?

can you recognize yourself in sometimes feeling smth is gonna happen, having weird hunches and being paranoid about them?

I know i often get paranoid for having weird feelings about things (when i care about them a lot especially) and from various possibilities in my head. I sometimes feel they are exploring themselves, can't stop them.
It's when i get paranoid!

Do you have any experiences with paranoia?

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know if this is some kind of paranoia, but I have some fears for a long time. Sometimes, especially in the night, while I'm walking alone down the street, I'm sure that somebody is watching me, follows me. And I have the same feeling while I'm taking a shower.

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if this is some kind of paranoia, but I have some fears for a long time. Sometimes, especially in the night, while I'm walking alone down the street, I'm sure that somebody is watching me, follows me. And I have the same feeling while I'm taking a shower.
i wasn't exactly referring on it - but it could be connected with the same thing...cuz i also experienced what you just said...
not like someone is following me in a way of actual seeing someone...just thous kinds of a fear that someone is gonna jump on me and hurt me. It's hard to explain - but it's kind of a fear when i am just seemed to be scared person, scare dof just about anything. And for me it was also happening at the night (sometimes during the day int he shower), walking down the street...when im alone in a dark place kinda...so yeah i think i know what are you talking about
and also i wanted to hear about any kind of a paranoia with INFPs :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
This post is way late, but I am an INFP and I have experienced really irrational paranoia. For example, after I leave a certain area (say I'm studying at a coffeeshop or a library) I will look back like five times just to check if I have left anything. This gets quite a bit of attention as most would not normally do this. Its a fear of losing something of value. I think it manifests really from childhood fears and specific incidents growing up. I think if you trace it back far enough, you will find something that links to any unreasonable paranoia you may have. I guess understanding where exactly that fear stems from is key to eradicating it once and for all. This is not easy of course, but I find meditating (preferrably in a Buddhist setting i.e. monastery, where you receive instructions) helps greatly.

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Hycocritical truth teller my paranoia is your picture. lol.

seriously though, cheating, all the time so paranoid.
ahahaha good thing you said cheating! Cuz my picture is Lisa Simpson walking in on Bart Simpson being raped by Jessica Lovejoy hahahaha

:) but i understand your point. Anyway in this aspect i usually trust someone but i often have paranoia from betrayal. It's simply because when i love someone and know in advance i will be so hurt and it will be so hard to forgive, i just get paranoid the loved one will do smth of a sort and i won't be able to forgive and it will hurt me so much and double.
but feeling of being betrayed is probably the worse thing you can do to me in intimate relationship.

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This post is way late, but I am an INFP and I have experienced really irrational paranoia. For example, after I leave a certain area (say I'm studying at a coffeeshop or a library) I will look back like five times just to check if I have left anything. This gets quite a bit of attention as most would not normally do this. Its a fear of losing something of value. I think it manifests really from childhood fears and specific incidents growing up. I think if you trace it back far enough, you will find something that links to any unreasonable paranoia you may have. I guess understanding where exactly that fear stems from is key to eradicating it once and for all. This is not easy of course, but I find meditating (preferrably in a Buddhist setting i.e. monastery, where you receive instructions) helps greatly.
you see, now when you all mentioned your fears - i kinda thing i don't have a specific fear - i just simply can get a bit paranoid and nervous about anything.
I do have a few specific ones but i am prone to become paranoid and feel fear for smth.

But with me is that i sometimes think or feel smth is gonna happen and if it's bad i will get all nervous and afterwards it usually happens. I don't know what - i just sense smth is wrong sometimes. And i actually think i provoke bad things with that sometimes - its why i wouldn't like to have thous hunches and be so much in them :/it's kinda sensing the vibe or smth. It makes me feel awkward for so many reasons.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I have premonitions all the time.

I've had premonitions about my future since I was a child.

For example:
- I dreamed about visiting certain places that I absolutely was enthralled with, and I eventually did visit them.
- I dreamed about visiting/attending certain schools, and I either got into them or visited them.

I'm not the brightest guy on the block, but I realize this isn't a mere fluke, even for a lazy ass like me.

As for paranoia, I think about my pain and death all the time. It's the thing most people fear the most. Death and pain are inescapable facts of life. What is this experience of dying compared to? Is it painful? How painful is it? Is it better than living every day in constant pain? How long does the pain last before you can't feel it? Why is it so sorrowful? Is there life after death? Who or what awaits me after death?

1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have premonitions all the time.

I've had premonitions about my future since I was a child.

For example:
- I dreamed about visiting certain places that I absolutely was enthralled with, and I eventually did visit them.
- I dreamed about visiting/attending certain schools, and I either got into them or visited them.

I'm not the brightest guy on the block, but I realize this isn't a mere fluke, even for a lazy ass like me.

As for paranoia, I think about my pain and death all the time. It's the thing most people fear the most. Death and pain are inescapable facts of life. What is this experience of dying compared to? Is it painful? How painful is it? Is it better than living every day in constant pain? How long does the pain last before you can't feel it? Why is it so sorrowful? Is there life after death? Who or what awaits me after death?
i don't dream so far in the future - but for the next day for example. I often see images from my dreams.
Often i have thoughts in my dreams about things my head wants to clarify.
I connect this with intuitive understanding of things and the world in general.
It's often hard for me to explain how i see smth because my understanding is most of the time intuitive feeling.

Paranoid behavior i have is very general in me - i repeat - i personally think i am prone to paranoia of every sort and through my life i had phases of paranoia towards many different things including death, smth will happen to me, smth will happen or is happening between me and the other person. I usually sense vibes well and from them i get certain feeling about things. Sometime sit can result as paranoia if it's smth i care about deeply and then my radar goes insane.

also for the pain...i think after days of pain one starts to accommodate - learn to live with things aka why sometimes in life we meet people who had hard living and some pretty painful things they say like it's "good day" and we thing "are you seriously talking so easily about this - this sounds horrible to me" - but the truth is - normal is for you what it's your every day life and some other person has different everyday life aka why their normal is different from yours. Internal concepts formed by your casual surroundings.

But questioning how much is smth painful is a very outside of the box thinking. I personally avoid dead end questions but for many of them i believe that with years of "wisdom" (lol) they might get some kind of an answer in my head.

Reactions: refugee
1 - 9 of 9 Posts