Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read about it a little and i feel like i can relate to this kind of disorder, and it makes me wonder if im an ISFP

so my question is any of you experienced it? what it's like?

·
Registered
475 Posts
wiki link for you guys.

Interesting,I don't think I am(if anything I'm way overly trusting) but if my trust were broken on an extreme level by someone I'm close to I think I could end up with a disorder like that. I've heard about other ISFP's talking about basically this, I suggest waiting for someone with some experience to reply :happy:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I have what seems to be a mild version of this. I think it comes from being way too trusting with people when I was younger, and now I don't trust people at all because I just don't know their motives. Say some random guy at school says hi to me, sometimes I think they're up to something. Which is ridiculous, but I just can't help it. I also bear extreme grudges against some people, which is apparently a trait. Meh.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Doubt I've ever had this disorder. As an ISFP I've never been prone to paranoia, unless it was through panic and anxiety attacks. Withdrawal from meds can do it, too, but that's different. I became clearly paranoid when people I was close with were inappropriately biasing me and creating hysteria out of something small. But even then, my reactions were most affiliated with depression. I don't know if disorders truly correlate to a MBTI type. This is one personality theory of many. Who knows which holds all the right answers. There is definitely a pattern in personality. Some personalities may very well be prone to certain disorders.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
Well there is two kinds of paranoia.
Social and public.
If you run around with tinfoil hats and worry about government you have public paranoia.
If you worry about that your friends are going to backstab you, you have social paranoia.

Public paranoia has been generally attributed to INTJ's.
Social to ISFP's.

I had it some while back. I was constantly worrying about other people around me and their motives.
If they where kind it was to set me up. If they said something I read all sorts of things into it.

The way out is to focus on reality. Seek concrete proof and reject every notion that can't be backed up with solid evidence.
Ask yourself.
What else can it mean?
Is this really likely?

Hope you find your way! :)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Interesting, I really hadn't made a connection between the two functions and paranoia, but I could see how lesser developed Ni could certainly lead one to see things that aren't there.

My two closest friends are an ISFP and an INTJ. My INTJ friend one time in knowing him for years randomly had a bout of paranoid social delusions a little while ago, however, it was fairly short lived as he seemed to Te his way out of it.

My ISFP friend has been going through a lot of social paranoia lately and I would like to do something to help her. One of the last times I spoke to her she said someone she worked with called her a name (not an insulting name, more of a common expression) and she was trying to unveil some sort of hidden meaning within what was said. It really sounded to me like the individual wasn't really even thinking about what they were saying at all. She seems to think that people are scrutinizing her.

It seems like there are a lot of ISFPs who have experienced this also....is there anything I can do to help her out?

Reactions: Inveniet

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,703 Posts
Interesting, I really hadn't made a connection between the two functions and paranoia, but I could see how lesser developed Ni could certainly lead one to see things that aren't there.

My two closest friends are an ISFP and an INTJ. My INTJ friend one time in knowing him for years randomly had a bout of paranoid social delusions a little while ago, however, it was fairly short lived as he seemed to Te his way out of it.

My ISFP friend has been going through a lot of social paranoia lately and I would like to do something to help her. One of the last times I spoke to her she said someone she worked with called her a name (not an insulting name, more of a common expression) and she was trying to unveil some sort of hidden meaning within what was said. It really sounded to me like the individual wasn't really even thinking about what they were saying at all. She seems to think that people are scrutinizing her.

It seems like there are a lot of ISFPs who have experienced this also....is there anything I can do to help her out?
Well for an ISFP Se is the function that is easiest to take in about reality as Te is underdeveloped.
In paranoia the Fi values are fed directly into Ni pattern search without any external oversight.
Depending on how deeo a Ni hole the person has dug for themself they need to have constructed a ladder out, made of external proof. A Se dom should be able to break her out of it. A stable Te auxiliary might help too.
A Te dom would be a bad idea, when you are down you don't need your inferior showed in your face on that level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts