Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did part 1 a while ago which was just five questions of each block, and now I decided to do the remaining five questions of each block as no one replied to my first part. If you haven't read that one then it probably doesn't matter. Actually I am not really that serious about the result I get but I am interested anyway for fun so maybe this will yield some good results. Recently on tests I've been getting LII but I seemingly change type a lot so I'll leave that for those of you reading this to come to a conclusion.

Block I

1. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write? I rarely use or look at instructions. I usually tend to try and figure things out myself. I could write an instruction manual though as I think it could be quite easy outlining the main points and sticking to what's important, having everything in proper chronological order and leaving no details out. As for what type, it'd have to be something I'm knowledgeable in. Though I suppose with enough information gathered I could do something I know less about but I wouldn't enjoy it as much.
  2. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why? I think it means that when you follow the laws things are meant to work together properly and smoothly, there are no hiccups. Whilst if you ignore them then you disrupt the entire system which stops things from functioning. I would say I agree to an extent, I mean if you ignore a law you could go to jail so that's not much freedom. On the other hand following the rule book all the time things can get stagnant which isn't good for future expansion and growth.
  3. Tell us how about consistent you are? It's hard to talk about this from a subjective point of view. It's hard to be objective with myself because I have had a strange life which hasn't really given me much room to be consistent. But I do try to stay consistent. On the other hand I'm not opposed to being a bit outside the box from time to time. Deviating from my own, I guess, system?
  4. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it? A standard seems to be different for everyone. People have different values and that influences what they set as a standard for themselves. I think it's good for everyone to have their own standard of some sort, to set the bar for themselves and never settle for less than they deserve in whatever situation comes their way in life.
  5. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task? Well, I would probably take all the existing books and then sort them into groups of similar topics. So for example all metaphysical books in one section and all fictional works in another section. Then put them back in a way that looks good too, and the sections will probably blend into each other so there's no perceivable 'gap' in type of topic.

Block II

1. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly? I'll look at the prices of the same items around it and match them up all against each other to get an idea of what is cheap and what is expensive, I'd also take into consideration quality and how that effects price and what it means for the item I wanted to buy.
  2. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction? It depends what it is. If it's a task then I'd just ask them how to do it properly and pay attention. If it's something personal I'll just ignore them. Actually to be honest I think I tend to ignore even if it's a task. Maybe ideally I would ask them how to do it properly but generally I might just pay no mind and try to figure it out myself how to go about it. Trial and error sort of thing.
  3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions? I will tend to see what I could become in this situation. I might feel a little dumb but I will also see that I have the potential to grow into that knowledge given time.
  4. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel? I don't really like asking for help but if it's necessary I'll just ask straight up "how do you do this", I'll ask the specific steps along the way too. So I like to be walked through things.
  5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions? I think I'd feel a little overwhelmed since I have no experience with it but also see it as a challenge to learn and also turn it into a group project, delegate people to specific tasks where they can do the best, I probably wouldn't do much other than oversee and make sure it's staying on track.

Block III

1. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill? NO, I definitely do not follow recipes, in fact everything I do in the kitchen is complete experimentation which sometimes turns out great and other times causes almost disasters, as for skill, well the reason for the almost disasters is that still being fairly young I've never really cooked much for myself and it's not really something I enjoy doing either, though I do enjoy the experimentation part. But sometimes I do manage to come up with things that are perfect. I don't know, I have good ability to tell what will go with what. For example today mum made a pepper soup and I tasted it and tasted cream where it wasn't there but where I felt it would really enhance it. So I mixed a tablespoon in and it was lush. The consistency was perfect. I was so proud of myself. Lol.
  2. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching? Well if you asked mum and sister they'd say no. Maybe I just have a quirky style, not sure. Their comments kinda knocked my confidence. So I just stick to plain things that anyone can get away with.
  3. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person? Well when I've been told by mum and sister in the past I've taken it badly, I've been somewhat upset about it and in denial but in the end realise they are probably right and that I need to change. But as I said it knocked my confidence.
  4. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why? The *idea* of doing it myself is fun but I don't really have the staying power to continue it through. I remember when we renovated our house I think I spent a lot of it telling members of my family what would go better with what and where, I made the suggestions and they carried it out. When it came to my own room I think I got about half way through and gave up and let them carry on. But I chose the colours myself and I do enjoy experimenting with colours and patterns.
  5. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others? I think I tend to seek out opinions, actually I asked a close friend recently for an opinion about something related to my taste and they said I needed to have more confidence in myself since I did a good job. I do think I have good taste, but maybe I'm not always confident enough about it and need a trusted outside opinion.

Block IV

1. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations? Hmm, I'm not sure. I've actually been learning to approach things lately without force as my spiritual practices have me wanting to go with the flow instead of trying to push doors that don't want to be opened. I don't really know if that's in context though.
  2. How do you protect yourself and your interests? I just don't talk about myself or my interests to parties who I feel are not interested or who do not have my best interests at heart. It's really as simple as that.
  3. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force? I will tend to ignore or resist external opposition or pressure, I hope that answer isn't too short.
  4. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person? Yes I think I'm a very strong person and I think others do too. I've been through a lot in life and come out the other end an amazingly better person than I have any right to be, but I do have a right to be that because I've spent a lot of time working through things and becoming this person.
  5. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other? A strong person to me is someone who has good self-love and love of others, love and kindness to me allows things to move in life, not misplaced power, and good people persons can create the largest change and have the largest sphere of influence. The core of any force is LOVE. And that is what draws people's attention more than anything else, the fact that they care and are working to personally empower others.

Block V

1. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? Sympathy is when you put yourself in the other persons shoes and imagine yourself feeling what they are. It's about relating and saying "I know how you feel" and validating the other through that. I will express it when I feel that need arise, when I feel they need someone to validate what they are feeling. I probably wouldn't express it when they need something to lift them up out of a particular feeling, so to change their emotional state I wouldn't sympathise but instead allow them to match with my own emotional state.
  2. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why? Yes I suppose so, that there are norms of behaviour. I think they are supposed to allow interactions to flow smoothly and I do get that but I think people have the ability to be naturally friendly without the need of them. As for me I generally try to follow somehow but am not really good or natural at it. I tend to have awkward moments but I think people have come to expect it from me. On the other hand if I really want to I can excel at being friendly and generally blending in as part of the group but it takes a lot of energy and concentration.
  3. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong? I don't carry around concepts of right and wrong inside my head. Being morally relativistic I am not the type to judge, instead my saying is "when in Rome do as the Romans do", at least to the best of one's ability. So things aren't really right or wrong but in certain situations doing something different to the norm would be looked at as being 'wrong' for that situation. For example in England we greet people with handshakes, in Mexico as a female I'd do the double kiss on the cheek. If I greeted Mexicans with the handshake instead and the English with the double cheek kiss I'd probably be considered weird and out of touch with the situation. It wouldn't be 'right' in those contexts.
  4. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding? Moral = putting others needs above or on par with your own, immoral = putting others needs below you. When you care less about others you tend to approach them selfishly and hurt them. So immoral behaviour is when you hurt others. And moral is when your actions help them instead. I'm not really sure about my understanding of this as I haven't really thought about it before or been asked to explain it. I think it works well as a general guide but it's not really something I'd say is objective. I just think that as a human species we tend to relate good to pleasant feelings and bad to unpleasant feelings. So in that case moral becomes feeling good and immoral becomes feeling bad. Something like that anyway.
  5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people? Lately when someone shows me a negative attitude I pay it no attention or try to counter it with something more positive or funny to break the ice. I am not afraid of showing my own negative attitude actually and can do it fairly easily but just don't see the point of it anymore. I want to improve my relation with the other person not make it worse. Bickering doesn't really facilitate that goal. And I don't like giving silent treatments either. I don't think they help, that's just passive aggression and not very mature, imo. And I do forgive people very easily. Actually I'd say I live in a state of constant forgiveness, I am very accepting and loving of others.

Block VI

1. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions? I don't know, I guess shallow emotions are ones you show on the surface but might not feel deep down? I try to be authentic and genuine with my emotional expression though.
  2. What are right or wrong emotions? No right or wrong emotions, only incorrect perceptions as to what constitutes right and wrong. Though you could say sometimes certain emotions are inappropriate to certain situations. For example, laughing at a funeral.
  3. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative? I can change my own emotional state easily yes, same with others. I can change either myself or others to either positive or negative, though I prefer to change it to positive. Dwelling in negativity can be counterproductive to any sort of emotional healing process.
  4. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen? Something triggers you I guess and then everything you've been feeling that you never expressed before but bottled up instead comes tumbling out of your mouth without much ability to stop it on your end.
  5. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally? No, definitely not. On the outside I can be happy but on the inside feel completely the opposite. Though if I succeed in making others happy around me from that it will actually lift my mood and I will begin to feel happier inside too.
  6. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others? I'd say I do notice the moods of others yes. In fact my sister told me once that she doesn't know how I do it but I always seem to know when something's bothering her. I tend to track my own moods too as paying attention allows me to deal with anything upsetting that might arise.

Block VII

1. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How? Time- a human construct of linearity, people generally assume we are moving from one point to another in succession but it's not like this at all. I see time non-linearly, I will explain it like this: I see my past and future as being destinations on a map that I am looking down at. I am in both the past and future simultaneously and they exist in every moment, also the *possible* futures exist as parallel timelines. I can jump about and experience myself at any point I desire through placing my attention and awareness on it, sort of like 'zooming in'. So time is not really something that exists as all exists in the *now*. You can't kill something that never existed in the first place. There is no linearity, there is everything all at once.
  2. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen? More or less, I can be restless or impatient but I have spent most of my life waiting. Due to my ability to place myself in any time period and see what is occurring there at will I can basically see the future, and actually when this ability started to manifest particularly strongly in my own life I saw something over a year into the future that came to pass. Though now I can see not just thousands but billions of years backwards and forwards. Though it can get a little confusing sometimes with all the parallel timelines, if I jump realities without realising then I will end up seeing things that aren't happening in this future reality. I'm still working on that.
  3. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts? No, I'm very strong and confident in this ability. I trust my own ability to see very well.
  4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late? I can be late yes, I don't really put much emphasis on time and sticking to schedules. Though I will usually try to be on time out of respect for the other I am not too concerned with it being dead on, I mean I will probably be five or ten minutes late, and if someone is five or ten minutes late too it's not a big deal.
  5. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here… 20 minutes before I'd probably be mentally preparing, 5 minutes before I'd be in anticipation, at the exact time I'd be looking out for them, after twenty minutes I'd probably have picked up my phone to find out where they are. If that's not possible then I would probably leave at about the 30 minute mark.

Block VIII

1. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange? I think it depends on how you see it. Everything people say contains truth, even if it's just a smidgen. I can feel hurt from hurtful comments but I can also see where they are probably right.
  2. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have? I am not a huge fantasizer, I prefer to wait and allow life to happen as it will. Creating mental pictures about situations that will probably never happen is not interesting to me. Though sometimes I note that these pictures do rise in my mind but they are an emotional by-product rather than a conscious creation.
  3. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why? They should be friendly and able to have a good grasp of how dynamics between people and situations play out. They need to know how to move about in the most efficient way but also how to maintain that success too.
  4. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why? I would say if someone doesn't have any desire to be successful or rather doesn't believe in themselves then that will hinder them. That trust in self has to come first. Though there are probably situations where there are unconfident successful people who have been recognised for pure talent alone. So that is a factor too, talent whether natural or worked will greatly help when it comes to success.
  5. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why? To be a good person, because a good person can be successful too through kindness alone. Whilst a successful person is not really successful if they haven't mastered human relations from a genuine heart centered place.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts