Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I want to know how INFJ's act or place themselves in large social getherings and also smaller social gatherings, most specifically parties.

large party - 20-30 people

small party 8 -10 people

or hanging out with some friends 2-4 people

typically I really enjoy my one on one conversations and I actaully tend to glom onto one freind for long periods of time before I go hang out with another friend but there are those times I just want to get down.
chicka what!!!!

yeah. so when you are at a party what becomes your role? do you still hang with one person, do you jump into the center of attention? Also how does teh atmosphere make you feel?

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
Ok. I want to know how INFJ's act or place themselves in large social getherings and also smaller social gatherings, most specifically parties.

small party 8 -10 people

typically I really enjoy my one on one conversations and I actaully tend to glom onto one freind for long periods of time before I go hang out with another friend but there are those times I just want to get down.
chicka what!!!!

yeah. so when you are at a party what becomes your role? do you still hang with one person, do you jump into the center of attention? Also how does teh atmosphere make you feel?
For the most part, 1-4 people are ideal. Large groups of people I don't know drain me like crazy, and I don't like loud music playing or people screaming. That makes my head hurt.

I can actually jump into the center of attention, if I am extremely comfortable with everyone that I am with. So if it is a fairly large quantity of people that I know very well, then I will be fine.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
ENFP in the house! All parties fit me but the 20k plus ones in Europe known as Q-Dance and Qlimax are my thing ! Huge ass raves and pretty lights can't get any better!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I prefer my small groups. Too many people and I will commit to the 'lone wolf' routine. Granted, while in this mode I am still completely sociable; I just won't initiate conversation myself.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ENFP in the house! All parties fit me but the 20k plus ones in Europe known as Q-Dance and Qlimax are my thing ! Huge ass raves and pretty lights can't get any better!
he he he. I love thumping music and pretty lights.
makes me feel like I am in a dream but like... a group dream?
if that makes sense.

yeah... ahh... i miss those days.

rave on!

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I prefer getting to know someone one to one.

In my experience I have a hard time speaking up in small groups and even more so in large groups especially if there are dominating characters.

One of my housemates is very dominating and trying to have a conversation with her in the room feels like a competition. My other housemates have expressed the same feelings.

If I feel I know a lot about a subject, more so than the others in the room then I will feel much more confident about speaking up. For example I have spoken up many times in the lat two weeks during my creative writing classes and surprised myself by doing this.

I enjoy going out to nightclubs where there are 30+ people because the music is so loud peple just stick with their own groups and don't very often talk to other people. I feel like I get can 'lost' in the crowd and the music and have a dance and relax and not feel like I have to converse with anyone.

There are some students who are very energetic and they will randomly come up to us and start dancing with us and it is really fun and so random I love it.

The only thing I do worry about is if a guy was to randomly pick me out and try to dance with just me...I do not like my personal space being invaded like that. Sort of creeps me out. I'd rather he asked me first. Which is difficult in a club with loud music, so instead I just refuse to give eye contact and they usually get the message haha.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I too love a good rave! every once in a while. There's nothing like letting your hairdown at a rave! The music is so loud you get lost in it. Like GreenCoyote said it's like being in a dream. I usually close my eyes and let the music flow through me. Feels wonderful!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
ok lemee see

20-30 ppl - where's the exit? do I have to be here? If I do, lets get this over with. If I don't, bye!

8-10 - do I know you? If yes, it's okay. If no, do I have to be here?

2-4? - I can do this.

anything less - anyday

*unless it involves dancing, i cannot dance, i refuse to dance. i'm not comfortable in my own skin.

·
Registered
836 Posts

small party 8 -10 people

chicka what!!!!

in group situations i differ highly based on the mood im in. so on my rare social butterfly days i do pretty well. and some days i just cancel my invites based on how anti-social and quiet im feeling. i would feel so awkward in group settings and then my discontent is just projected to other guests.

so:
large party - 20-30 people - like them if i come with a group of friends. or if im dancing or drinking (honesty, sorry :)) in college i went out to a lot of huge parties, because my roomates were all high extraverts. i do start random conversations with people i don't know because it's fun. i also like dancing and drinking because it takes me out of myself. :)

small party 8 -10 people - nice. sometimes too quiet and awkward. sometimes these are like a large party that just has lame attendance. i feel somewhat awkward in this setting, because i have to start mingling conversations between people who sort of know-each-other. lots of awkward 'how do you know each other?' sort of questions.

or hanging out with some friends 2-4 people - best because of in-depth conversations. usually you already know these people well.

so to recap: I like 2-4 people hanging out or really large parties where i can have random conversations with people.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually prefer a larger party. Not huge, but a good 20-30 people is ideal. I find it more difficult to assert myself when the party is smaller and the attention I receive is more likely to be undivided. I'd say I am normally very outgoing at parties, but my attitude is very dependent on the company.

I have a pretty abrasive/comedic approach to meeting people at parties. I know that is totally un-INFJ, but things change when I've been drinking and put pressure on myself to be the life of the party. I have an affinity for insulting people in a comedic manor, which can go over like a fart in church, but usually works to my advantage. I'm also known to vanish from parties. I tend to hit a wall at some point and I generally just leave without saying goodbye. This probably has more to do with my alcohol consumption than anything, though.

I'm most comfortable with a small gathering, for sure. I'm a total sucker for some brew & board games, but I need the occasional blow out to take me outside of my comfort zone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't necessarily mind being around a lot of people. Really huge parties (>50) can be overwhelming if I don't know many people/am sober. But for the most part, if I have been drinking, I really love being at social gatherings of all kinds and sizes. Although, I have noticed that whenever I am in a group of people (5-10) I don't know very well, I become very introverted and am pretty uncomfortable. Also, when I am at larger gatherings I tend to pull one or two people aside at a time and have long conversations with them. Any situation in which I do not know majority of the people is very draining.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I will avoid them all if I can
If I am going to meet someone new, I will have a short introduction and leave it at that. No dinners, or parties.. I can't stand just sitting around thinking of things to say. The only social activity I do are if I am helping someone or we are working together

Lately my parents are inviting people over for dinner. It really bothers me.. Many times already I just don't go to the table or I say I'd eaten already (which is unusual because I always eat with family). I guess I have to tell them directly word for word as they are still clueless

·
Registered
8 Posts
I avoid parties as if they're deadly. I'm in college, so I find myself alone in the dorms on weekends (and I love it); however, I wish I liked going and feel like I'd maybe have more friends if I did. Whenever I'm within a large group of people, I retreat into myself. There's too much to absorb, so I tire easily.

For some reason, I not only get tired, but also really depressed when I'm with large groups of people. I've withdrawn so deeply before that I've started crying.

I also have to run through conversations in my head with new people before I meet them, so it gets overwhelming very quickly and easily when I'm around a lot of people and run out of things to say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts