Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP type 8w5
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a lot of projects in the past that involved many people but I always felt there’s gotta be a combination for a successful partnership, the one I had with an ENTJ was extremely fruitful, we were best friends and he always appreciated my sense of humor above everyone else I’ll probably relate that to his intellect, he fortified my plans with action when to me they were only theories, I accompanied him in his workplace a lot because he wanted to benefit from my natural urge to disagree with everyone and I dare to say I saved his ass once from being schemed by someone, our friendship clashed though due to his bossiness and rules which I always hated, its basically why I have a feud with my father, I sensed our partnership turning more into me being an employee and I ended things with him and I kinda relate that to lack of communication although I did arrange several sessions of free association to discuss any personal problems we feel are arising and although they always felt positive my entj friend kept repeating the same mistakes until enough was enough for me, that said I felt the entj’s friend biggest fear was to be left alone, knowing that I stayed for as long as I could until it was unbearable and toxic because it only turned us to enemies and I think he did that because he didn’t want me to stay close as he was always suspicious of me choosing someone else as a best friend

What are some scary compatible personality types you suggest would be productive and efficient together and with a tendency to work their problems out better, I asked this to entjs and entps and now you and I’m excluding intps I have no idea why but I feel like they’re kinda worthless lmao

Plus you’re better to ask as you actually dedicate to time to answer questions trying to dissect it

·
Registered
INTJ subs: entj, istj, infj
457 Posts
MBTI does not cover neuroticism so you may want to avoid introverts who score high in neuroticism on the big five as they may not tolerate extroverts.

"Neuroticism is one of the Big Five higher-order personality traits in the study of psychology. Individuals who score high on neuroticism are more likely than average to be moody and to experience such feelings as anxiety, worry, fear, anger, frustration, envy, jealousy, guilt, depressed mood, and loneliness." Wikipedia

Also T types tend to be overly rational with one another and may get on their head. I don't want to be rational with my loved one, I want to be irrational and have fun.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
MBTI does not cover neuroticism
Good answer!

Any unhealthy type is going to be toxic. You correctly identified your friend as possessive. Not sure what caused it, or how serious it was. Lack of self-confidence to make other friends? Borderline personality disorder and fear of abandonment?

I don't accept MBTI theory enough to base relationships on it. It helps to figure out why people behave the way they do. Any MBTI type works out for friendships as long as: 1) They are psychologically healthy. 2) You maintain your sense of humor.

·
Registered
INTJ
131 Posts
Re: Your opinion of INTPs
They can be brilliant. They like to be left alone to figure things out. When they decide to be funny (you can't make them socially engage) they come up with these extremely dry, sarcastic remarks. You would laugh your a-- off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts